Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    [TV] Falling Skies! (Season 3 - Speculation)

    Falling Skies season 2 just ended and there was a major cliffhanger at the end! Ben and the 2nd Mass went on a mission to take out the Overlord and destroy the weapon, and the Red-Eye Skitter leader was killed. But then after they destroy the weapon, a ton of new Aliens start landing in pods on the planet, and they are wearing some type of metal mech-armour suits.

    They don't really seem like Overlords. And the show even put the text after the episode "Ally or Enemy?", obviously to make us wonder if they are friendly. Ben told Tom that the weapon the Overlords were building wasn't meant for humans, so naturally one assumes that the weapon was keeping these new aliens away, and that they are here to help. But I'm not sure...

    -What are your guys thoughts on what will happen in season 3 of Falling Skies?

  2. #2
    Well, since it's a sci-fi tv show that I enjoy, I assume it will be cancelled. Years of data backs me up on this: Firefly, Dollhouse, Carnivale (more fantasy than sci-fi, but still), Caprica, The 4400 (at least that one got 4 seasons), Flash Forward, Terra Nova...

    anyway, assuming it comes back, I think the new species will appear as ally to begin with, but there will be some twist mid-season that will indicate perhaps they aren't what the 2nd mass believes them to be...I also think they will speak English, just a hunch...
    Last edited by Youvegotfail; 2012-08-20 at 04:44 PM.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Youvegotfail View Post
    Well, since it's a sci-fi tv show that I enjoy, I assume it will be cancelled. Years of data backs me up on this: Firefly, Dollhouse, Carnivale (more fantasy than sci-fi, but still), Caprica, The 4400 (at least that one got 4 seasons), Flash Forward, Terra Nova...
    I know what you mean bro. Flash Forward getting cancelled hit me hard, I was pretty devastated. Terra Nova was good too.

    But yeah, there's definitely gonna be something about the new aliens that isn't 100% good. They're probably against the overlords but it's probably a lot more complicated than that, and some twists will definitely follow.

    They need to give Ben a bigger part and kill Karen off the show. She's like the lamest villain ever.

  4. #4
    It's already slated for a season 3 so we will at least get that. I just wonder what is going to happen with Hal. I think the new aliens are going to help them first, but hurt them in the end.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox2223 View Post
    It's already slated for a season 3 so we will at least get that. I just wonder what is going to happen with Hal. I think the new aliens are going to help them first, but hurt them in the end.
    I read that they started filming season 3 before season 2 even finished airing.

    The part I hate is that the next season is gonna start airing in February next year I think. Grr.

    Does anyone else think Captain Weaver will die next season? Like in the finale or something? Maybe that will be how the humans come to hate the new aliens, if they kill Weaver.
    Last edited by gruyaka; 2012-08-20 at 04:56 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    They need to give Ben a bigger part and kill Karen off the show. She's like the lamest villain ever.
    Agreed, however I loved that little scuttle up the wall thing she did in the last episode...so horribly terrible looking it made the skitters look real by comparison. lol. Also, I'm interested to see how long they make Hal the bad guy for next season...If the writers are bold, they'll let him run wild all season, if not, they'll discover hes being controlled very quickly.

    Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    Does anyone else think Captain Weaver will die next season? Like in the finale or something? Maybe that will be how the humans come to hate the new aliens, if they kill Weaver.
    I hope not, he's one of the best actors they've got. However it's "in" right now to kill off popular characters, so who knows...It pains me to say this, cuz Terry O'Quinn is brilliant, but his character is fairly lame and needs to be killed off quickly...
    Last edited by Youvegotfail; 2012-08-20 at 05:00 PM.

  7. #7
    I was pretty bummed when Dai died I also saw an interview with him the week before and the actor who plays him was pretty chill. He didn't speak much but he was just always there a silent bad ass. But I suppose they want to focus on other characters without Dai being reduced to just an extra. He died a hero.

    "Ally or Enemy?", obviously to make us wonder if they are friendly. Ben told Tom that the weapon the Overlords were building wasn't meant for humans, so naturally one assumes that the weapon was keeping these new aliens away, and that they are here to help. But I'm not sure...
    They have to be here to help or at least fight the Overlords. The Overlords we know have done this to at least one other planet (skitter home world) So it's not unreasonable to think they tried and failed to invade these new aliens territory or these aliens got sick of the Overlords subjugating other species and threatening their power.

    On the falling skies Wiki page there is a poll asking why the Overlords came to Earth. One of the choices is:

    "As a staging ground to combat another alien race"

    With these new Aliens appearing I think this is true. They would gain all the resources of Earth and more harnessed troops.

  8. #8
    I think the new Aliens will be an ally.

    I mean the Overlord says in episode 7 or 8 that they have been to many worlds and they have all been the same as Humans. To me that means that they have come across hundreds if not thousands of planets with life.

    Any time you have Evil you have Good and vise versa. It isn't too hard to imagine that the Overlords have a few enemies that are as advanced as they are. I mean the Universe is a big place.

  9. #9
    Dreadlord mludd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    936
    I suspect that they're gonna try making us guess whether the new aliens are good or bad with a planned plot twist mid-season and another cliffhanger involving a new alien story arc toward the end of season 3.

    However, they'll probably do what a lot of shows do and ruin it by dropping a few too many hints so that by S03E04 or so anyone who's actually followed the show will already be thinking "Please please don't let the season end with a cliffhanger, especially not [Insert obvious-at-that-point cliffhanger]"...
    Last edited by mludd; 2012-08-21 at 07:07 AM.
    I am the Kwisatz Haderach

  10. #10
    its entertaining nonsense imo - there isn't any other sci-fi show on so we have little choice

    But the new aliens can't be any more stupid and useless than the first ones -

    But its season 4 im looking forward too, they introducer another alien, that has space travel, weapons and technology far beyond ours and just parks in space, blows up the earth and moves on ;-)
    Last edited by NoNameMe; 2012-08-21 at 08:21 AM.

  11. #11
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2
    Falling skies the TNT Alien invastion science fiction drama currently in its second seasons has been given the good word that it will be back for a third season. Season 2 was so much better than season 1. The actors are up for it – a GREAT cast. It’s up to the writers.

  12. #12
    Bloodsail Admiral Bikni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In a galaxy far far away
    Posts
    1,186
    Quote Originally Posted by sambrad07 View Post
    Falling skies the TNT Alien invastion science fiction drama currently in its second seasons has been given the good word that it will be back for a third season. Season 2 was so much better than season 1. The actors are up for it – a GREAT cast. It’s up to the writers.
    Season 1 was terrible and i literary forced myself to watch it all just hoping it would get better. Some moments where so corny they made me cringe, the plot got ridiculous at times and most of the characters where just terrible. Really putt me of S2.
    “The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

    -Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)

  13. #13
    Dreadlord mludd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    936
    Another thing I've been considering is that the whole ALLY OR ENEMY thing could also be about some of their human "allies" in Charleston. They're not the most reliable bunch (dictator wannabe "president" and a general who ordered an attack on the rebel skitters being the main possibilities but there's also Pope's gang).
    I am the Kwisatz Haderach

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Youvegotfail View Post
    I hope not, he's one of the best actors they've got. However it's "in" right now to kill off popular characters, so who knows...It pains me to say this, cuz Terry O'Quinn is brilliant, but his character is fairly lame and needs to be killed off quickly...
    Oh Yeah. totally! Captain Weaver and Tom Mason are my favourite characters. I definitely don't want weaver to be killed off!

    He just seems like one of those characters that are likely to get killed off, kinda like Washington on Terra Nova. They are really good, liked, and important characters so killing them off adds to the atmosphere and makes the whole thing more personal. I hope they don't kill him though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bikni View Post
    Season 1 was terrible and i literary forced myself to watch it all just hoping it would get better. Some moments where so corny they made me cringe, the plot got ridiculous at times and most of the characters where just terrible. Really putt me of S2.
    Season 1 is complete garbage compared to season 2. I would really encourage you to give it another chance because the show really does get A LOT better. I was iffy on the show in Season 1, but Season 2 won me over completely.

    Give it a chance. It'll grow on you. :P

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    Season 1 is complete garbage compared to season 2. I would really encourage you to give it another chance because the show really does get A LOT better. I was iffy on the show in Season 1, but Season 2 won me over completely.
    Am I the only one who thought Season 1 was just as good (if not BETTER) than Season 2? *shrugs* That may have something to do with me not starting to watch it until mid-season during the first season, so I got to watch the first 5-6 episodes of season 1 back to back...which is the best way to watch tv shows, IMO.

  16. #16
    Epic! Skavau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,643
    Quote Originally Posted by mludd View Post
    Another thing I've been considering is that the whole ALLY OR ENEMY thing could also be about some of their human "allies" in Charleston. They're not the most reliable bunch (dictator wannabe "president" and a general who ordered an attack on the rebel skitters being the main possibilities but there's also Pope's gang).
    To be honest, I have a lot of sympathy with the president. He didn't want to risk the lives of the people in Charleston. He tried to put into place a new life for them and then the 2nd mass shows up and demands they start mobilizing for war.

    Oh and Tom didn't tell him important stuff that he had witnessed or been involved in, like his son being harvested.

  17. #17
    I'm just throwing this out cause no one pointed it out, the new aliens are the skitters unharnessed or that's what I thought. The faces were similar, and we don't know how much change the harnesses did to the skitters. So for all we know those are unaltered skitters coming to help out their brethren.

  18. #18
    I don't see a reason for the multiple legs being an improvement over humanoid bodyplans.

    In my view, the skitters are probably subterranean-dwelling, the multiple limbs make much more sense for maneuvering tunnels and such.

    Also, I think that, since the show makes many allusions to history and the Revolutionary War, the alien that landed may be our marquis de LaFayette, and just like the French against the British in the Revolutionary War, they're more than willing to help us against the Overlords. Not because they love us, but because they want to put a thumb in their enemy's eye.

    That's my take on it, anyway.

  19. #19

    Ally or Enemy?

    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I don't see a reason for the multiple legs being an improvement over humanoid bodyplans.

    In my view, the skitters are probably subterranean-dwelling, the multiple limbs make much more sense for maneuvering tunnels and such.

    Also, I think that, since the show makes many allusions to history and the Revolutionary War, the alien that landed may be our marquis de LaFayette, and just like the French against the British in the Revolutionary War, they're more than willing to help us against the Overlords. Not because they love us, but because they want to put a thumb in their enemy's eye.

    That's my take on it, anyway.

    I think these new aliens are the true masters of the invading force, I found that the mechs don't resemble the "overlords" so that how i come to believe that the "overlords" are also harvested species and just like the skitters have the ability to control the harvested.. these new aliens are the real bosses... Also I believe that these "overlords" can't do s*it them self( like hello were are an alien species who want to dominated stuff and we can't fight like s*it and don't have any defense other than cannon fodder(the skitters) and I have a blade hidden in my arm.

    Now we got these new alien species who just happen to land on our planet after we blew some interplanet defense cannon thing sky high, they come down in drop pods with nice bleu lights wich i have seen the whole efing time wich pretty much meant get out of there your life depens on it also they got pretty neat armor probaly comes along with some neat vaporising weapon( i am just gonna call it AHW Anti Human Weapon) so this makes these new guys the pest control... like the overlord said to him were nothing more than a insect near our face... he is to us dead.. (because of this insect) now they sent the real badass reptilian looking guys to do what the fishpeople could not... exterminating the human race, The whole time there were saying we make it too expensive for them they will pack up and leave.. yeah but what if they get angry and just kill every single 1 of you(us) and life happier ever after. and we are all dead or in zoo's.

    well that was my stand of view don't think you guys thought about it like this but now you got something to think about.. and hopefully respond for a neat discussion =P

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Also, I think that, since the show makes many allusions to history and the Revolutionary War, the alien that landed may be our marquis de LaFayette, and just like the French against the British in the Revolutionary War, they're more than willing to help us against the Overlords. Not because they love us, but because they want to put a thumb in their enemy's eye.

    That's my take on it, anyway.
    When I first saw them, I thought 'they're an ally, duh?'

    But with all the questions raised about it, I could certainly write them in as an 'unknown enemy'. From the quality of the writing so far though, I doubt it.

    But yeah, the Skitters were previously 'enemies', until we learned that they were being controlled by the Overlords against their will.

    What would happen if we find that the skitters originally allied with the overlords against this new race and this war has carried over into the new shore...

    I doubt this is gonna happen though, it seems a lot like 'hey guys, we're here to help!', and maybe a blind spin towards 'hey guys, we're here to conquer you!' halfway thru season 3.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •