Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

A World Police Force - This Needs To Be Implemented.

Listen to this while reading my post. Why? Because music has psychosomatic effects that are imperative to this post.

Let's assume that, hypothetically, we have the funding for such an endeavour (via taxing every affluent country in the world as well as every country in the UNSC), is this idea fundamentally flawed or fundamentally sound?

I think that it is a fundamentally sound idea. Given that Human Rights are universally recognized as something that all humans generally would prefer to have, a world police force (let's call it the Justicars for the sake of this argument) given the mandate of preserving these human rights across Earth would be a great idea. From the genocide in Darfur to the plight of the Rahkine in Myanmar to the plight of Syrians at the hands of Bashar Al-Assad in Syria, immense injustices would be avoided. Countless atrocities currently pending and even those that may have yet to come would be terminated by such an organization.

Furthermore, I realize that the United States is the closest thing to a world-wide police force right now, but even they fail at doing this properly (especially considering that some Americans seem to be tired of this) as they have not aptly intervened in places like Darfur or Myanmar as well as they could have.

If the Justicars could be regulated, audited and safeguarded against the creeping of corruption, I don't think any rational-minded person could claim that this is not a conceptually great idea. All humans are created equal, are equal, and should be entitled to at least some degree of justice in their however injustice-marred lives.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by TheGravemind; 2012-12-18 at 06:57 AM.

We have a world police force, it's called America.

Who watches the watchmen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    Listen to this while reading my post. Why? Because music has psychosomatic effects that are imperative to this post.

Let's assume that, hypothetically, we have the funding for such an endeavour (via taxing every affluent country in the world as well as every country in the UNSC), is this idea fundamentally flawed or fundamentally sound?

I think that it is a fundamentally sound idea. Given that Human Rights are universally recognized as something that all humans generally would prefer to have, a world police force (let's call it the Justicars for the sake of this argument) given the mandate of preserving these human rights across Earth would be a great idea. From the genocide in Darfur to the plight of the Rahkine in Myanmar to the plight of Syrians at the hands of Bashar Al-Assad in Syria, immense injustices would be avoided. Countless atrocities currently pending and even those that may have yet to come would be terminated by such an organization.

Furthermore, I realize that the United States is the closest thing to a world-wide police force right now, but even they fail at doing this properly (especially considering that some Americans seem to be tired of this) as they have not aptly intervened in places like Darfur or Myanmar as well as they could have.

If the Justicars could be regulated, audited and safeguarded against the creeping of corruption, I don't think any rational-minded person could claim that this is not a conceptually great idea. All humans are created equal, are equal, and should be entitled to at least some degree of justice in their however injustice-marred lives.

Thoughts?

in 200 years this question should be asked, humanity is not ready for true global civilization.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slammin Shaman View Post
    Regrettably, it's not doing its job as well as it ought to.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    USA/NATO world police

My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Thing is, who's rules would they enforce?

You're delusional if you think every country on the planet agrees on an enforceable moral code.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nezgral View Post
    USA/NATO world police
    Actually, it is called the United Nations Peach Keeping Forces.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Actually, it is called the United Nations Peach Keeping Forces.

Deleted
    Something like this would have to be decided by unanimity among all countries, won't happen.

If the Justicars could be regulated, audited and safeguarded against the creeping of corruption, ...
    This is something no government on the planet has managed to get right, I'm not sure why we think a new organization essentially outside of any one countries control would be any different/better.

Either
    A) everybody gets a say in what they do and they end up doing nothing
    or B) they get free reign and good luck preventing corruption with that much power

Unless you want to create another group to watch them, and a group to watch the guys watching them, and another group... I am sure you get the idea.

The problem is that everybody has a different idea of what needs to be policed, this is why you will always find someone to complain when America tries to help someone somewhere, it wouldn't be any different for a world police force. If you required all the members to agree on what needed to be policed, you would never be able to do anything in a timely manner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    This is something no government on the planet has managed to get right, I'm not sure why we think a new organization essentially outside of any one countries control would be any different/better.
    I think the problem is he has played too much Mass Effect, because he is describing the Asari Justicar.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    probably one of the most rediculous things ive ever read. who keeps the "world police" in check. sorry but with a world as different and diverse as ours, one authority could AND would end in revolution

10+ Year Old Account
    What would the so called World Police do? I mean most of the planet has their own Police Forces. Unless its from igniting conflict between countries. \

I don't think any rational-minded person could claim that this is not a conceptually great idea
    I don't think that any rational-minded person could support aggression against peaceful people on a global scale. You have a right to live the way you want and to protect that from others but you don't have a right to tell others how to live.

Self Ownership + Non-Aggression = no world police.

Imagine if 51% of the planet decided wearing clothes with the colors orange, red and yellow are illegal and because it was decided by a democratic majority it's somehow justified and now these men with fancy hats have the "authority" to enforce that laws on their behalf. They come and take peaceful people out of their homes and put them in cages because of victim-less crimes.

Yeah we don't need any more of that than we already have.

I might agree with giving the mantle to the UN. At least it has a lot of level-headed reasonable folks. America? Fuck no. The country's shown it's completely unable to handle such a roll with how it's the only first world nation that dives head first into wars it has no business fighting as well as the fact that it continues to side with Israel even when reason dictates otherwise (accepting Palestine as a nation).
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    Who watches the watchmen?
    Angsty teens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id rather die than be subject to laws written by Americans and Chinese.
    You can say goodbye to individualism overnight and hello to my rifle the next day.

I would take it as an act of war upon my country and shit would go down fast.

Lawl, so true. Do as i say or else are the only laws of amurica world police.