Could use some help, poor performance with my new system.

Hello people,

(reposted this from General)

Last Saturday I bought myself a new system.

Motherboard: Asrock FM2A75 Pro-4
    Processor: AMD A10 5800K FM2 (HD Radeon 7000 serie is intergrated with this)]
    Memory: Corsair 16GB DDR3 1333
    Harddisk: WD 2TB
    Windows 8 Oem 64bit

I installed WoW, as default it puts everything in High Settings.
    Review test result indicated a 60fps performance on High settings
    Unfortunately I got about 8-10 FPS
    I checked out a lot of updates, but couldn't find anything. There must be a switch that I missed.
    It should really be an improvement to my 5 year old system.

Thank you for any help or recommendations,

Bob

Onboard graphics, you'll need a dedicated graphics card to get any sort of performance out of wow or any other games for that matter.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

You are absolutely correct, I was having the similar problem with my system, when I was having integrated graphic card.
    Last edited by adamwoodward; 2012-12-18 at 09:13 AM.

o,O 16gb ram at 1333... seems like they just wanted to bump the price up there lol.

but yeah OT get a graphic card, with an i3 and a xfx 5770 (£40-50?) i pulled 60 fps ultra on my old resolution 1440x900, however not sure how big of a impact ur processor will have but my point being if all your asking for is high settings, a £50 gpu should provide it.

Still, a lot of reviews say that this system will get me 50-60 fps on high settings, isn't that strange?

You should be having a lot higher than 8-10 FPS in high, even with the APU. What resolution are you running? Have you disabled all the bloatware that came with your new computer? (ie, any programs your manufacturer had preinstalled on it, if it was a prebuilt)
    Have you tried disabling background processes?
    What drivers do you have for your graphics?

You might want to consider overclocking the CPU and memory; APUs graphics-part, and FM2 especially, respond really well with higher RAM clocks wheras WoW really benefits from more CPU-oomph.

Ok thx, I'll take a look at it. Now back to my 5 year old graphics card, it sucks, but still better than only using the processor.

Most benchmarks of integrated graphics like yours is done with 1280x1024 resolution to not look so bad in results. If you have 1920x1080 monitor you immediately lose half of the framerate on that alone.

Also the A10 5800K should be paired with fast RAM, preferably 1866 or 2133 because it speeds up the integrated graphics significantly. Having 16GB of slow RAM is just plain dumb on that setup. HDD is probably green variety too making it rather poor performer in gaming overall.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

The benchmarks you saw were probably at a lower resolution than 1080p with faster RAM, 1866Mhz at least. I would start turning down video settings until it looks something like this:
    Texture resolution: High
    Texture Filtering: 2x anisotropic
    Projected Textures: Enabled
    View Distance: Good
    Environment Detail: Good
    Ground Clutter: Low
    Shadow Quality: Low
    Liquid Quality: Low
    Sunshafts: Low
    Particle Density: Good
    SSAO: Off

Try those settings and see how the game runs.

Got the same APU in my bedroom computer. Clock the RAM to over 2000MhZ. Next is to overclock the gpu itself, this can be done in catalyst.

Voila, you now have 45-60fps in almost all zones/5-mans in 1080p@high settings.

The 5800K is a very good APU and done correctly it will play most games at low/medium settings in 1080p and games like WoW, starcraft 2 or diablo 3 will run at high settings in 1080p, all with 35+ fps. I really can't say anything bad about this APU, of course a dedicated gpu combined with an intel CPU is more powerful, but this baby actually does the job quite nicely at 120$.

I putted the system together myself. Thx for all the info I'll continue experimenting, but perhaps I'll just tosh in an other graphics card aswell.