Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    i dont pay too much attention to world first and hardcore raiding but im just curious why china gets a higher item level/ different lockouts

So now we have people arguing over these 3 for world first races

10 Man - 10 man is easier
    25 Man - 25 man is harder because moar people
    China - They got moar lewtz so it's easier for them

What next?
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

I think we need 3 raids/week World Firsts, because it's harder on that raid schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    They are playing a different game. You can't compare the WoW they play to the one marketed in US and EU.
    I believe they are playing World of Warcraft, Mists of Pandaria and fighting the same boss as everyone else. Lets see..it also has the same mechanics. Well all be darned, it's THE SAME GAME.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I believe they are playing World of Warcraft, Mists of Pandaria and fighting the same boss as everyone else. Lets see..it also has the same mechanics. Well all be darned, it's THE SAME GAME.
    Yes and no.

Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    While world first is world first, the thing I have a problem with is a serious nerf to a fight before a reset. They only killed the fight cause of the nerf while US/EU had already cleared the places.

Blizzard should have waited till after the reset today to make the nerf live.
    That really wouldn't have changed anything if they were as close as they say they were. They would've killed it after the nerf regardless (as evidenced by the fact that that's exactly what they did here). And I'm sure all the other top guilds will be following suit this week.

Deleted
    Why must every thread about a world first end up in a pointless debate that will never ever end?
    Grats to these people for achiving a world first.
    Last edited by mmoc0c19432c2d; 2012-12-18 at 08:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    looks like China never got the fire nerfs

why do they get higher ilvl and more lockouts per week?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    World first race doesn't exist, not really since blizzard doesn't support it. There's simply communities respecting guilds that achieve stuff.
    The "hater" thing is pretty ridiculous, everyone has acces to same info and people respect different feats of strenght more than others.
    Gz for the guild killing this hard encounter first.

Man, could you imagine the amount of QQ if they removed shared lock outs and had raids reset twice a week? People would feel forced to raid both sizes in full heroic clears twice a week. 7 day raiding guilds wouldn't have enough time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    Man, could you imagine the amount of QQ if they removed shared lock outs and had raids reset twice a week? People would feel forced to raid both sizes in full heroic clears twice a week. 7 day raiding guilds wouldn't have enough time.
    This is really big tier at 16 bosses already. With separated lockouts thats 32 bosses to kill, something never seen before (ICC was 2x12, ulduar 2x13, Naxx 2x15 but Naxx80 was easy as shit). Firelands double-reset made it 2x7 bosses which is still BELOW current 16 boss tier one reset/lockout!

The sheer size of this tier is already hindering my 4-night guild (10 hour per week commitment total) because we barely have any time for actual progress, cos there's so many bosses to farm. Even "farm" bosses aren't that fast deal and can take a wipe here and there (Garalon, Ambershaper, Sha) While progressing HOF & TES we were forced to add 5th day for MV run (PuG run for people who still needed stuff from that), now we're starting to progress MV HC but the 496 instances still have boatload of gear for us (tier items! LFR has total ass drop rate, out of 12 people doing LFR each week we won maybe 5 or 6 LFR tier tokens COMBINED over all those weeks) and we need to farm that in order to progress HC.

Separating 10/25 - forcing people to run 25 which they DO NOT WANT because:
    1) it's hard to get 25 competent raiders
    2) 25-man raids require better PCs
    3) on some realms people would quit raiding at all (for example me, i need late night schedule but we won't find 24 other folks staying up to 2 AM)

And you HAVE TO DO IT, BECAUSE IT DROPS BETTER LooT.
    25 already receives more gear per person and are FAR less RNG dependent. Thing is loot tables in this tier are clusterfucks and 10m drops only 2 gear pieces from 15-25 items on loot table, in 25-man there's much less chance for disenchanting loot. In 10m it happens all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by qactuar View Post
    That really wouldn't have changed anything if they were as close as they say they were. They would've killed it after the nerf regardless (as evidenced by the fact that that's exactly what they did here). And I'm sure all the other top guilds will be following suit this week.
    This is where it becomes a huge grey area. Were they close because they were able to class stack like no other and get them geared up because of the double resets, or were they close because they are just better. I know Paragon was going to give it some goes and so were some others I would be curious as to hear how close they got.

The double resets* IMO played a huge role in them being able to get this world first as did the nerf happening the day before US reset and two days before EU resets.

*The double reset allowed them to funnel more gear into the alts that were going to have to be played to get this. Just think if all guilds had the advantage of 10man and 25man twice a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    So now we have people arguing over these 3 for world first races

10 Man - 10 man is easier
    25 Man - 25 man is harder because moar people
    China - They got moar lewtz so it's easier for them

What next?
    Simple you cant reason with idiots.
    1. Euro gets it first / excuse they have a headstart over US
    2. US gets it first / excuse well Euro is down for maintenance
    3. Asia gets it first / excuse they arent part of the world

So who ever gets it will not be recognized by the mmo community
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

While normally I dont care for the "Well its not a real world first because *insert random reason here*!!!!!11!1!1!!one!oneoneone", people HAVE a point here. Chinese guilds are literally getting TWICE the gear of western guilds. This encounter has not been downed yet due to the fact that it is mathematically impossible until just about BiS on all 25 raiders. A chinese guild will get there twice as fast as western guilds, so yes, I do not believe they are in the same running for world first.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    While normally I dont care for the "Well its not a real world first because *insert random reason here*!!!!!11!1!1!!one!oneoneone", people HAVE a point here. Chinese guilds are literally getting TWICE the gear of western guilds. This encounter has not been downed yet due to the fact that it is mathematically impossible until just about BiS on all 25 raiders. A chinese guild will get there twice as fast as western guilds, so yes, I do not believe they are in the same running for world first.
    I think it's more that the encounter was fixed when all the guilds in America/Europe were already saved...

It's not even a gear thing, it's like Blizzard deliberately handed this one to China on a silver platter.

I mean, it's a legitimate world first but that doesn't make it any easier to swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    World first is world first. Seriously, enough with this stupid crap. They got world first, deal with it.

And Paragon got world first as well, despite you very likely being one of the people saying it doesn't count because it was in 10 man.

World /FIRST/. Meaning the first people in the world to do it. Regardless of how or where, they did it first. There is no discussion about this.
    This is incorrect. They got it, and they themselves admitted it, because they get 2 lockouts and better loot than us (Yes, they do. They actually get better things than anyone else in the world via more lockouts / their 25mans have better item-level loot we dont even have access to).

Paragon has said 10man doesnt count. They said it themselves. Get over that.

>> boss died for the first time.
    >>World first.

Gratz, here's to thousands of more deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Simple you cant reason with idiots.
    1. Euro gets it first / excuse they have a headstart over US
    2. US gets it first / excuse well Euro is down for maintenance
    3. Asia gets it first / excuse they arent part of the world
    The first two are legitimate reasons. If you want to throw the word "idiot" around you might want to actually think about the rest of your own post. Looking through this own thread you'll know exactly why the Asian victory is having its legitimacy questioned and it has nothing to do with "being part of the world." Whether or not I think it "shouldn't count" means very little, honestly, but I know why I think it.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    haha funny world first threads are funny ... c'mon people grow up already.

gz china
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .