Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awwww im sorry you guys got nerfed I mean ...being one of the top dps spots as a tank was pretty nice ...oh well now maybe someone who rolled dps can have a chance .

Please post constructively rather than making a post that would likely rile other posters. ~Fhi
    Last edited by Fhi; 2012-12-20 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Town Drunk View Post
    Awwww im sorry you guys got nerfed I mean ...being one of the top dps spots as a tank was pretty nice ...oh well now maybe someone who rolled dps can have a chance .
    Did you even read a single post in this thread? They nerfed our heals not DPS. I'm sure our DPS can't get worse.

Deleted
    Oh please do tell how this change nerf'd our dps and how other tanks aren't doing better dps than paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    Oh please do tell how this change nerf'd our dps and how other tanks aren't doing better dps than paladins.
    Actually, protection paladins were the 5th best tank DPS in game (maybe 4th, I don't know about druids).

Deleted
    Noticed this when soloing Onyxia this week, really really sucks tbh and it wasn't even that overpowered in current content, just a nice perk for old raid soloing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny because this doesnt affect our dps at all. Unless you are using SoR in a raid, which is silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    Ya, that explains why the monk tank in my group always out dps me by a lot even tho I'm far more geared than him. The only fight I out dps him is the Stone Guards (and Wind Lord but I won't count it cuz I'm always solo tanking).
    Maybe its because the monk tank is geared for Haste/Crit, both of which are the Monk's better stats to gear for, both of which are plentiful on thier gear, compared to paladin's parry/dodge/mastery gear set up with maybe hit/expertise/haste, depending. But yea, I think that the monk being an Agi user is what leads to the higher dps.

As for AoE stuns, Monks/Warriors are the only ones who can do that atm. Monks, of course, have even worse issue with challenge modes then we do, due to thier extremely low armor leading them to have to kite most encountes. Warriors are actually pretty good for tanking Challenge modes with hybrid-heavy setups, but dont have anywhere near the amount of healing that paladins/monks have. Druids provide the LEAST utility out of ALL the tanking classes atm (they loose a TON of mitigation if they leave Bear Form to use any of thier utility, and anything else can only be used once a minute)

Paladins have better mobility then DKs. Paladins have around the same damage as DKs/Warriors. Paladins have significantly better group healing then druids, DKs, and warriors (3/5). Now, nerfs suck, especially nerfs that aren't stated, but paladins are stilll in a good spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Pretty sure paladins don't stack dodge and parry atm, like most other tanks except maybe on specific fights like spiritbinder, for the most part haste/mastery wins.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Prot paladin HPS was off the charts with the glyph. Needed change, really.
    Agreed with this. It was overpowered. Making a class more balanced and inline with their design philosophy is not a bad thing.

The change did absolutly nothing towards our hps in raids lol. well maybe a little.
    They did NOT change how the glyph works. so 30% of our DAMAGE not healing. will heal the raid. aka still OP as hell.

what they did change?
    Our survivability. That is it. our SELF HEAL (which isnt the reason we're topping meters!) got nerfed.
    Dont believe/cant understand. Go run a quick LFR 4th HoF boss. I still pulled 60-100k hps even if it is LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Maybe its because the monk tank is geared for Haste/Crit, both of which are the Monk's better stats to gear for, both of which are plentiful on thier gear, compared to paladin's parry/dodge/mastery gear set up with maybe hit/expertise/haste, depending. But yea, I think that the monk being an Agi user is what leads to the higher dps.

As for AoE stuns, Monks/Warriors are the only ones who can do that atm. Monks, of course, have even worse issue with challenge modes then we do, due to thier extremely low armor leading them to have to kite most encountes. Warriors are actually pretty good for tanking Challenge modes with hybrid-heavy setups, but dont have anywhere near the amount of healing that paladins/monks have. Druids provide the LEAST utility out of ALL the tanking classes atm (they loose a TON of mitigation if they leave Bear Form to use any of thier utility, and anything else can only be used once a minute)

Paladins have better mobility then DKs. Paladins have around the same damage as DKs/Warriors. Paladins have significantly better group healing then druids, DKs, and warriors (3/5). Now, nerfs suck, especially nerfs that aren't stated, but paladins are stilll in a good spot.
    Many paladins spec go for haste too. Few paladins go for dodge/parry.

DKs have AoE stun too.

I'm still lvling (89) my monk so I can't say anything about them in CM but they are far from squishy if you play them correctly. I haven't touched my druid since 5.0.

DKs have AoE slow, AoE stun and a weird version of speed of light and all what we have is hand of freedom and speed of light.

Deleted
    Just to clarify for anyone who isn't clear, Glyph of the Battle Healer (our raid healing tool) is based on damage done. This change removed Seal of Insight self-healing on the nova portion of Hammer of the Righteous. So, basically, it's only a survivability nerf and doesn't affect our raid healing output at all.

I feel like your wish for "a chance" for DPS specs correlates directly to your lack of ability to outdamage vengeance. Your disdain and vitriol towards tanks is palpable, which is rather immature and shows a clear lack of understanding of mechanics of your class and others'. To ignore the fact that tank dps contributions are now non-trivial (even on non-gimmick fights) is to ignore the design philosophy of this expansion, vengeance, and the direction of the game as a whole. What's more ironic is that in your haste to spew your disgust (or perhaps self-loathing), you missed the point of this thread and the effects of the change entirely. Reading is FUNdamental.
    Either embrace the changes, understand the mechanics, and get better...or continue to feel sorry for yourself and perform poorly. Best of luck.

Back on topic - I've started leveling my DK for CMs as a backup plan for helping folks get golds. For those that have run gold times on their protpal's since this change, can you list which CM(s) you did, as well as your healer and/or comp? Would like to see some empirical data on how these changes affect us on those monster pulls with regard to healer cooldowns and group cc. Thanks.
    Last edited by Nairobi; 2012-12-20 at 01:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Well the solution is simple, then... Delete your paladin and re roll a DK or something.
    its funny how u come into the thread talking shit about how its no big deal and just find another way to complete challenge modes...then u get completely put in ur place and proven wrong and u resort to an immature and nonsensical remark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Soon no reasons to play palas, why do they enjoy nerfing us so much?
    Rumour has it that Metzen's mother ran away with a Prot Pally and that GC's sister married a Ret Pally.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Rumour has it that Metzen's mother ran away with a Prot Pally and that GC's sister married a Ret Pally.
    Nah you are wrong. Actually a ret pally killed Ghostcrawler's parents. It was answered in Blizzcon

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    The change did absolutly nothing towards our hps in raids lol. well maybe a little.
    They did NOT change how the glyph works. so 30% of our DAMAGE not healing. will heal the raid. aka still OP as hell.

what they did change?
    Our survivability. That is it. our SELF HEAL (which isnt the reason we're topping meters!) got nerfed.
    Dont believe/cant understand. Go run a quick LFR 4th HoF boss. I still pulled 60-100k hps even if it is LFR.
    Quoting this since everyone in this thread seems absolutely clueless how the glyph work

So Seal of Truth is useless for tanks and now I guess Seal of Insight is only minorly useful. Let's face it, 5k heal at 400k+ health while bosses hit for 30-40k is a bit... meh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    So Seal of Truth is useless for tanks and now I guess Seal of Insight is only minorly useful. Let's face it, 5k heal at 400k+ health while bosses hit for 30-40k is a bit... meh.
    Yes, because SoI totally got nerfed for single-target.

fucking blizzards...

discovered a nerf afte dieing in BWL, afte pulling two rooms of trash near firemaw >.<
    Aldoraan Ret Pally since 2.4

Outland - love forever