Died from inhaling own fart.

Hello.

Just thought I would share some story i red a few years back that popped into my head.

I have searched the internett for quite some while now but cant seem to find the original post.
    I saw it on some freak forum that a Man died of inhaling his own fart.
    I AM NOT SURE IF THE STORY IS TRUE. MOST LIKELY ISENT. However i remember when i red it there was some link to a local newspaper in some country i cannot remember wich of this story. So perhaps its true altho its strange i cant find it on the internett.

I write what I remember about the post.

The man took a bucket.
    A 10 liter bucket.
    He then attached metal chain to the bucket and took the bucket in his swimming pool.
    He dove down and attached the metal chain to something( cant remember what )
    The bucket was holding a stable position underwater upside down.

Everytime the man would need to fart he would dive down in the swimming pool and fart and the fart bubbles would go into the swimming pool.
    He proceeded to do this untill the bucket was filled with 100% fart.

When the bucket was filled with 100% of fart he dove under, stuck his head inside the bucket and took a deep breath.
    The shock was so enormous that he managed to get his head outside of the bucket but swallowed alot of water and by the time he made it up to the surface he already fainted and was left with the head facing down into the pool and eventually died.

Most likely the story is not true. But its still an interesting one.
    How such an idea could even come into someones head is just.. I cannot comprehend it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure about your story, but an actual story about dying from inhaling one's own fart comes from someone who had a beans diet. One night he went to sleep in his room that was pretty air tight and died from fumes.

http://voices.yahoo.com/fact-fiction...n-1939654.html

mythbusters actually tested this one, and debunked it

10+ Year Old Account
    Well . . . that's one way to go I guess.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Which episode?
    i dont know the number or name or whatever. but they measured average amount of methane in average fart, average number of times people fart during a day, calculated volume, etc, and found it impossible to reach even vaguely dangerous levels in a tiny space. for good measure they fed adam a ton of beans and put him in a sealed (very tiny) room for the night

Spike's "1000 ways to die" showcased this on one of their episodes.

I highly doubt that this is true.

15+ Year Old Account
    So he died from drowning.. not inhaling his farts..

the gas wouldn't kill you right away.. so he drown.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Which episode?
    well, i looked for it, couldnt find vid, but here's a synopsis

http://kwc.org/mythbusters/2006/03/f...latulence.html

15+ Year Old Account
    Just... wow. Darwin's prize. Definitely. And stuff for the next "Jackass".

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Just... wow. Darwin's prize. Definitely. And stuff for the next "Jackass".
    I think they did this with a helmet and tubes that delivered freshly passed gas. The user lasted like one fart before he threw up and took it off. Haha wuss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    I think they did this with a helmet and tubes that delivered freshly passed gas. The user lasted like one fart before he threw up and took it off. Haha wuss.
    Well, remember that the farts we smell are usually (as in, almost always) diluted after mixing with all the oxygen around the farter. I'd hate to find out how bad a 100% "clean" fart would be if I got it through an airtight tube o.O
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Well, he didnt die fromt he fart. He died from drowing.. The shock of the smell or taste or what ever made him pass out, as you stated.

Now how can someone come up with this idea? x] people be crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    http://www.darwinawards.com/legends/legends1998-12.html(the dying of your own gas concept)
    Its categorized as a Urban legend in darwing awards achives. Couldnt be confirmed apparently.