Page 50 of 74 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The past sales have been really great in my opinion, bought 5-10 games on them each.

But this winter sale now, I dont know. I didn't buy any game so far, which is really sad.

I'm always really looking forward to those Steam sales, hell even to the new daily deals every day but so far there wasn't a game where I would say "Instant buy!"

Maybe it's because I already bought all the games that I wanted on the previous sales, or the sale just isn't that good this time..

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a combination of things as to why this sale seems "meh". Between a lack of super big titles being released in 2012 as well as other distributors offering better deals. People are just not really feeling the love for steam this sale as opposed to the summer sale that was just 6 months ago, or even last years sale. I think the true proof will be when the sale concludes in a week and they run the figures and see that while the sale was a success, it just didn't have the growth that valve has been seeing each year with its sale. I just hope enough people in charge look and see that other companies are giving the consumer the deals and prices they want and next sale Steam goes back on the offensive with its aggressive pricing strategy it used to have. I know the argument will come up that Steam doesn't really have that much control on the prices that is set up by the software developers, but any person can see that steam should be able to influence those same people into better deals. I think we will just have to wait till this summer to see if steam has decided to change their plans or not.

Deleted
    Only bought Dead Island but I feel a slight tingling in my back pocket (that's where I keep the money ! ) when I see Just Cause 2 for 4.99...

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    So, new goal. Even if it is just for 15 minutes or so, I want to play every game in my library. Sick of seeing so many games that I bought but have never even played once.
    I might just have to do the same thing :P

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    I might just have to do the same thing :P
    So far, since I posted that I...

actually bought another game to add to the backlog... I am weak.

Did play 5 games for the first time though, most from the most recent Humble Bundle, so I am working on it at least.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

10+ Year Old Account
    Got borderlands 2 for free (new vga) same with AC3, wouldn't have bought them if I had the money, but i have to admit that blands2 exceeded my expectations (even if it's just a borderlands 1 fixed, if ain't broke don't fix it right o:?).

The only game i bought so far was Saints row the third... and that was only because I missed the THQ indie bundle, already have played all GTA's (bought IV through steam, now i regret it), bioshock (bought it via steam on autumn), the witcher 2 (autumn too)... there's not much to be told about this winter holiday sale :c

Whelp missed darksiders I and II, bought them for this sale tho, didn't like the first one that much, felt like "one more beat em up" but the 2nd one I heard it was a nice game with a good rpg element into it, has lived up to standards

If only farcry.... if only... :c
    Last edited by barackopala; 2012-12-30 at 06:28 AM.

So far, since I posted that I...

actually bought another game to add to the backlog... I am weak.

Did play 5 games for the first time though, most from the most recent Humble Bundle, so I am working on it at least.
    Me and you both lol, I just bought the Mount & Blade collection on GMG :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Done.

I'm thankful for the sale, I really am, but it feels to me like last year's was vastly superior. Am I just having "nostalgia", is it because I have little to no interest in most of the games they're selling (because I bought most of them last sale), or...?
    To be honest the discounts on steam this year just aren't that good. Amazon had some seriously good best-of-the-internet prices on quite a few games, lower than any discount seen on those titles... steam is just recycling the fairly standard deals we've seen on all the older titles time and time again, with a standard 25% or 50% discount off depending on how new some titles are... none of the prices have really significantly beaten any other digital retailer this year. Add to that the fact that Amazon has a really good digital games manager (Tony) who posts actively on reddit and CAG + amazon has had a variety of voucher promotions and steam didn't even have the coal system that they had last year.

Steam has recycled a sale that they've done 3-4 times a year for god knows how many years, whilst other retailers are now actively trying to lower prices and offer vouchers/promotions to entice people, whilst at the same time offering steam keys on practically everything that they can. I've price checked so much this year and I think only one or two games came out cheaper for me to buy on Steam on sale, than at Amazon.com

10+ Year Old Account
    So, new goal. Even if it is just for 15 minutes or so, I want to play every game in my library. Sick of seeing so many games that I bought but have never even played once.
    lunatic...

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 12:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Got borderlands 2 for free (new vga) same with AC3, wouldn't have bought them if I had the money, but i have to admit that blands2 exceeded my expectations (even if it's just a borderlands 1 fixed, if ain't broke don't fix it right o:?).

The only game i bought so far was Saints row the third... and that was only because I missed the THQ indie bundle, already have played all GTA's (bought IV through steam, now i regret it), bioshock (bought it via steam on autumn), the witcher 2 (autumn too)... there's not much to be told about this winter holiday sale :c

Whelp missed darksiders I and II, bought them for this sale tho, didn't like the first one that much, felt like "one more beat em up" but the 2nd one I heard it was a nice game with a good rpg element into it, has lived up to standards

If only farcry.... if only... :c
    must be nice having friends to get free stuff from

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 12:06 PM ----------

most games i buy or would like to buy are coop games but i need to stop buying them as i never have anyone to play them with....
    Last edited by Achaman; 2012-12-30 at 11:07 AM.

Deleted
    Is it just me, or Steam newest flash sale (Devil May Cry4, 3D Mark and Trine collection) will last for 6 days? Quite a long "flash"

Also, I'm looking to buy STALKER, do you think that it will go lower than it's current 50% off?

Deleted
    I kinda agree that this sale is a bit bland.

Really liked the achievements and coal stuff last year (it actually also convinced me to buy some games I probably would not have bought otherwise, so for them it must have been good too!)

I caved and got the THQ bundle even though I have half the games already. Dat price reduction.

Deleted
    Anyone else that cant access the steam store at the moment ? currently just getting "Error Code: -102 Unable to connect to server. Server may be offline or you may not be connected to the internet." and i cant find anything on the steam forum about the server being offline and im obviously connected to the internet

Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    Anyone else that cant access the steam store at the moment ? currently just getting "Error Code: -102 Unable to connect to server. Server may be offline or you may not be connected to the internet." and i cant find anything on the steam forum about the server being offline and im obviously connected to the internet
    Yup. I'm getting that too.

Deleted
    Same here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeh same, cant get on. Was just about to buy the skyrim dlc too .

I have the same problem.

So many games in my Steam list that I haven't even played yet. Says I have 276 games, obviously a few of those are GTA mac versions and beta things, so lets say 265ish. I probably played 80 of that only, I just can't find the motivation to play anymore, WoW burned me out on gaming in general

Deleted
    meh there goes my plan on buying the Left 4 Dead 2 4pack befor i got out shopping for new years eve (yeah yeah im late i know)

Kinda a weird with these servers going down down first we got eu wows login servers then minecrafts login servers and now steam store its a conspiracy! /tinfoilhat

meh there goes my plan on buying the Left 4 Dead 2 4pack befor i got out shopping for new years eve (yeah yeah im late i know)

Kinda a weird with these servers going down down first we got eu wows login servers then minecrafts login servers and now steam store its a conspiracy! /tinfoilhat
    It's the Chinese!! I keed, I keed

I also have these games that look mighty interesting before you buy them. Screenshots and gameplay videos look good and it seems like it's a lot of fun, but after playing for 30 minutes you realize you don't like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    I just can't find the motivation to play anymore, WoW burned me out on gaming in general
    I had the same problem for a while after WOTLK, took a break though and after a couple of months started getting back into console gaming, while im subbed to wow though i barely have the motivation to play any other games. Which is why i need another break soon to work through my back log :P.