Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Metal Gear Solid Revengeance

Looks like the trailer got leaked, and name changed.

Looks like MGS and DMC merged together, tbh it looks fucking amazing and i personally cannot wait!

(keep in mind this is a spinoff and isn't part of the main series)

http://www.metalgearsolid.be/le-trai...leake-668.html
    Last edited by Solidito; 2011-12-10 at 11:36 PM.

Deleted
    they raped the MGS series by creating this abomination. It's a male bayonetta ffs. IDC if it is a spinoff *insert sad face*

Well I think the game is going to be great, I mean from the beginning the subtitle of the game changed from tactical espionage action to Lightning Bolt Action so really this is not much of a stretch, i wish the graphics style would've stayed exactly like MGS4 but i'm not sure that would work for a multi-platform game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just watched everything that I loved about Metal Gear raped and murdered before my eyes.

Deleted
    It looks nice and all, but i don't think i'll get it. It's just not the same anymore. I loved MGS1 all the way up to Snake Eater... I never got to play MGS4 since i didn't have a PS3. Bring back the stealthy gameplay, not this slashing samurai bullshit.

I just watched everything that I loved about Metal Gear raped and murdered before my eyes.
    ^This is how i feel

they raped the MGS series by creating this abomination. It's a male bayonetta ffs. IDC if it is a spinoff *insert sad face*
    ^Also agree with this.

Was I watching...Ninja Gaiden...?
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Was I watching...Ninja Gaiden...?
    was thinking the same thing, honestly didn't like what they did if that was the real trailer. But we never know maybe they just shown the action in it for now as its to sneaky to show the stealth

Quote Originally Posted by Affixiation View Post
    Same.

I want to play it because I'm a sucker for slow motion and swordplay but in the end, I think I'll pass.

Hmm, Might pick it up when its cheap just to chop people in half.

Also when he picked up the giant robot lawls were had.

Looks great imo, just because they made this game into a hack and slash doesnt mean they wont continue do traditional metalgear games.

Don't care if it's not really like Metal Gear at all. I'll play it because it looks fucking cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Borador View Post

Also when he picked up the giant robot lawls were had.
    You could even say it was...
    *shades*
    REDICULOUS.
    (I know it's not spelled like that, it was just too good to pass up.)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

I wish that when companies do spin-offs like this or diverge a lot from the 'tradition', that they'd use a different name, so I don't have to listen to purists bitch. Not like Konami needs the series's name recognition.

More OT: The subtitle is awful. I hope that's fake or a WIP. After watching the whole 'trailer', I hope everything about it is a WIP or fake, because it looks like a cliched anime intro had sex with a convoluted story and their baby came out both ugly and having a flagrant disregard for the definition of words. The swordplay looks.... ok. Just not innovative or anything. Cliche describes that whole video.

Did they have to make this part of metal gear soild, i mena why not give riden(or what ever he was called) his own DMC style serise and if they wanted to remake MGS, do new ones maybe as big boss or something. My favorite part of MGS was always its close quater gun fights and its stealth mechanics, i mean i love sneaking around, i adored mgs4, probably my favorite game. But this to me is just, meh, i mean what seperates this from dmc other similar games? its name? thats about it , this is a very generic action game and doesnt even have as cool a main character as someone like danta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently it's going to be fast paced version of stealth.

Quite frankly I'm confused and not sure what the fuck to think. It looks gorgeous and gory as fuck.

But it's not MGS.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game looks terrible. I am extremely disappointed, but I am sure it will do well in Asia.

lol. One thing you guys should notice is that is NOT Metal Gear SOLID. it's Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. IT'S A SPIN-OFF, like the Metal Gear Acid series.

STOP WHINING.
    Last edited by Sargerus; 2011-12-11 at 03:23 AM.

Reminds me of the leap from RE3 to RE4. Good looking game but wasnt a RE game. Lets hope that This isnt intended to be an MGS5.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Reminds me of the leap from RE3 to RE4. Good looking game but wasnt a RE game. Lets hope that This isnt intended to be an MGS5.
    It isn't. Kojima isn't involved in Rising's production.

ya i wont be getting that, why wont kojima make more zone of enders?!