Page 11 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    In England, it is extremely hard to gain access to a firearm, and afaik, the only select few are allowed to carry a shotgun/rifle on private land. Most of our police officers do not even carry a firearm, yet you never rarely hear of any problems in England about guns. That said, since Americans have had firearms for a long time now, taking them away will be no easy task. There would be riots, is it really worth it at this point? If they made it harder to get guns, it would be a short term solution, but I really do feel that there is no long term solution for it. You give people a right, taking that right away can only get worse.
    You should be able to slow it down over-time. Make it illegal to sell guns, but for the people who've got guns now they're allowed to keep them. Make it illegal to carry a gun in public places (road, cafe, school, etc) and setup regulations for storage. Once people die who own weapons, they have to be handed to the government who can dispose of them properly. Besides that, increase responsibility for your guns (i.e. if your kid runs off with your gun and shoots half a school, expect jailtime at the very least).

If these are things I can come up with in about half a minute, I'm pretty sure a well-educated and large government can do much better!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Remove guns. Simple.
    The proverbial cat is out of the bag. We can't do that.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    My wife who works at a school in rich, white, suburban NJ thinks this isn't a bad idea, or at least to have two or three people (teachers or admin.) in the school trained and armed, shows what some teachers think of school security.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20121220/DA39D2U03.html
    Ah yes, MORE guns, that's gonna help.
    Let's pour some gasoline on that fire to put it out! I see the headline already, "Teacher shoots students".

Quote Originally Posted by Cerunnir View Post
    That anyone would come at me with a bat, knife or for that matter fists, is so far fetched.. enaugh so that I would be so shocked that I would not even be able to react properly, gun or not. Best choise would be to turn and run the fuck away anyways.

I dont know, is "being attacked" something you worry about on a daily basis? If it is I dont envy you.
    "Manuel Taboada from Hialeah" was one of the 5 victims murders by Danny Rolling in Gainesville, FL. back in the early 90s. The murder used a knife, the murder managed to over power and kill a kid nearly 20 years his younger and Manny was an impressively strong guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Well little do you know we have probably 10 times more schools than Sweden does. Over 100k schools with about 1/3 of them having some sort of security. So 70k schools having a government funded cop at them would be just retardedly expensive. As for them regulating guns, sure they can try to regulate guns and ammo clips but that still doesn't stop illegal guns.
    If guns are rare among the general population, some random youth cant get a gun and proceed to shoot up people. Yes, there may be illegal guns but they would be expensive and no way some "normal" youth would have the contacts to aquire one. Criminals arm themselves in relation to how well the general population is armed, which means that if no one in the general population have guns.. criminals will turn to lesser weapons. You see the trend in europe where gun murders are extremly rare, and the majority of murders happen with knife or choking.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    ... If you really think that people who were close enough to be struck by the ruptured round in the magazine of a gun in someone's desk/pocket/whatever are in more danger from that than the blast wave, then you sir do not understand guns or explosions, and should remove yourself from any political issue involving them.
    ....even Mr. Fantastic would've been impressed by that stretch of my words. :P

Where did I say the rounds exploding would be "more dangerous" than the explosive itself? Obviously that's not what I said... and you damn well know that. My point was that exploding rounds would cause additional damage... possibly killing one of the survivors of the initial explosion trying to grasp for life.

When you have to resort to (quite pathetically) attempting to re-write somebody else's post to have him say something he didn't, it only goes to prove that you have no more arguments to use in this situation. And you... yourself... should be removed from an political issue involving this situation. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Where I live they make like 60K a year and the average salary for normal people is about 35k or 40k. They make more money than most cops where I lilve and cops have a MUCH more dangerous job.
    Cops also have way lower education requirements...

Quote Originally Posted by cakin View Post
    Ha you still quoted a number without any shred of evidence and then called someone else ignorant.
    It was a guess. What's ignorant about a guess?

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    no they aren't the people that use them are. people who want to hurt others will find a way to hurt others. if there no guns available they will either try to make their own gun or use knives or maybe something worse.(for example a biological weapon) if there were no knives they would probably make their own. its not hard to make your own improvised stabbing device as prison has shown us. if knives didnt exist they would use something else. banning things won't stop people from hurting others. on the other hand arming teachers won't help.
    well... i would argue that many people who would shot at someone in rage would not have the same balls to go stab the same person, many nutcases would ofc but not all.

So by the statistic shown you mean that the american people as a whole is MUCH more homicidal than all other "rich" countries?
    Maybe but thanks to what? my guess is simply strange laws that abids fear

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    You don't really know how much teachers make do you? You could make more as a NYC bus driver then as a teacher.

Well. The teacher carrying a gun might have an easier time getting a raise, when talking to their boss next time, being armed <.<
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

How many of you people that think this is stupid have ever fired a gun? Or taking gun training classes? I am curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Ah yes, MORE guns, that's gonna help.
    Let's pour some gasoline on that fire to put it out! I see the headline already, "Teacher shoots students".
    If a teacher loses it and wants to kill a student or all of the students in their class it will happen even if there is no gun in the equation. Thankfully most teachers are stable enough and value the lives of the kids they teach enough to never do something this horrible.

And it still looks like people think option=requirement

Can we just stop making threads like this? The more we make a big deal the more likely there will be copy cats that want to do something more crazy/insane/sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimrot View Post
    "Manuel Taboada from Hialeah" was one of the 5 victims murders by Danny Rolling in Gainesville, FL. back in the early 90s. The murder used a knife, the murder managed to over power and kill a kid nearly 20 years his younger and Manny was an impressively strong guy.
    Oh oke then we can just all have guns since it doesn't matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    How many of you people that think this is stupid have ever fired a gun? Or taking gun training classes? I am curious.
    A great many of us.

This just in : Teacher goes on rampage killing entire class of children
    or
    This just in : Student gets gun from teacher, killing her and several fellow classmates.

Yup, such a good idea to put guns into schools!

You may find this shocking but people outside of the USA are allowed guns!

Who hasn't fired a gun at lest once in their life...

10+ Year Old Account
    How about a trained security detail at every school, only one would be needed. Armed and ready to shoot the fuckin idiot that feels like gunning down children.

How about parents quit being so fucking retarded with where they put their guns easily accessible to their psychotic kids.

Deleted
    Add me to the list too, please.