Poll: Your Favorite fantasy world

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I don't know, I like a few, Azeroth, Tyria or Nirn are up there though.

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    That sounds very interesting indeed, moreso than how my friends explained it.

There's much more to Arda than LotR, but I guess you wrote LotR since that's the main narrative story?
    Oh yeah, I've always called the whole creation LotR (or Middle Earth but I'm too lazy to type)... never really thought to call it as Arda, blanked for a second when I first clicked on the thread XD

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arda isn't mentioned in any of those. You need to read more of his writings to get that name.
    LotR and the Hobbit while the most... Story litterature Tolkein wrote was by far the least descriptive of the world he created.

PS I also blanked for a second "Wait, Arda? ... Oh!"

10+ Year Old Account
    "Its the 41st millennium and there is only war..."

Warhammer 40k closely followed by the Fantasy World.

Space Elves that fly around the galaxy homeless on Spaceships the size of worlds, yeah that boss.
    Dudes that drop from orbit in a metal capsule into a firefight wearing 3 inch think power armor, with a gun the size of a child, tearing shit up.

Also Dark Elves and Dark Elder are basically the most awesome 'Elves' of all Fantasies, followed closely by Mirkwood/Lorien/Rivendell Elves.

Planescape. It's a cluster**** where every world/plane of existence in DnD meet, where gods walk among demons and devils and is ruled by the Lady of Pain. Nobody ***** with the Lady of Pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Someone with good taste.
    Im astonished and sad so few know of Moorcock's work

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    All crap compared to the Discworld.
    Would have voted for Discworld as well, but since there was no option I went for GRRMs world. The books are very immersive.
    When someone asks, “What is best in life?” there’s only one answer: “To crush the newbs, see them driven before me, and read their lamentations on the forums” - Lylirra

10+ Year Old Account
    Hogwarts

/end thread
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Oh yeah, I've always called the whole creation LotR (or Middle Earth but I'm too lazy to type)... never really thought to call it as Arda, blanked for a second when I first clicked on the thread XD
    Well if you want to be a -strict- Tolkienist, all of creation would be called Eä. Arda refers only to the part of that which is the appointed dwelling of the Children of Illuvatar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adventure Time world and Middle Earth world :3