Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Also, you can blame the subscribers who sell the unlocks for that high, but you can't blame the model. It's been a while since I've seen a community fight so hard to ruin their own game.
    This is true. The model of being able to sell unlocks is fantastic. It's just unfortunate that the people who buy this stuff with their free CC choose to overprice their product to the point of making it unsellable.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 03:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Wait...I thought a simple $5 purchase brought you up to preferred?
    It does, but that's my point. In order for you to purchase the 1700 CC needed for account wide unlock, it'll bump you to preferred.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    It does, but that's my point. In order for you to purchase the 1700 CC needed for account wide unlock, it'll bump you to preferred.
    Ah, good. Freaked me out for a sec. You can technically purchase it off the GTN...but good luck finding it for 350k -_-

Not particularly. Once you spend enough money to get 1700 CC, you become a preferred account and get bumped up to a 6 character limit.
    I already have a preferred account. Its a 2 character limit also.

Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post
    I already have a preferred account. Its a 2 character limit also.
    In the future (supposedly the next patch) they're increasing it to 6 characters for preferred members.

In the future (supposedly the next patch) they're increasing it to 6 characters for preferred members.
    I know, but that means anywhere from 1 week to 1 year. Who's going to hold onto an account wide unlock that long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    also, most account wide unlocks delete themselves after a while.

Is that just sarcasm or for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Is that just sarcasm or for real?
    No.

100% for real.

It is a serious and wide spread issue that most f2pers can't report or post about.

I lost my section X account wide unlock.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait...I thought a simple $5 purchase brought you up to preferred?
    It does. You can buy an authenticator for that price and get preferred. Or the lowest coin pack, w/e.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 03:46 PM ----------

No.

100% for real.

It is a serious and wide spread issue that most f2pers can't report or post about.

Oh god. I haven't logged in in weeks, but I have tons of unlocks in my bags. I guess I know what I have to check when I get home.

No.

100% for real.

Every day BioWare finds another way to amaze me. Keep it up chaps.

Oh god. I haven't logged in in weeks, but I have tons of unlocks in my bags. I guess I know what I have to check when I get home.
    If you haven't used the unlocks yet, don't.

Wait till they fix the self deletion issue.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you haven't used the unlocks yet, don't.

Wait till they fix the self deletion issue.
    Well i wasn't going to use them until they bumped the cap up to 6 characters and fixed the fact that the unlocks don't work. I thought you are saying that people are having unused unlocks disappear, which would directly affect me since I have them sitting in my bags.

Are you just referencing that they are getting consumed without applying the effects? Because that's the issue that's been going on for a while now.

Are you just referencing that they are getting consumed without applying the effects? Because that's the issue that's been going on for a while now.
    Well, there is THAT issue as well.

But there's also the issue where you unlock something permanent like a bank slot and then you log in a few days later and its gone along with everything in it.

When SWTOR was in beta, I was lucky enough to get in to it. I made a Sith Warrior and generally enjoyed the game, but even during beta I really felt like I was playing a Single Player game and that the combat must have been greatly unfinished.

Then release came, my guild from WoW decided we were going to go over to SWTOR, I again chose a Sith Warrior and went Juggernaut, being as I was a tank in my guild in WoW, most of us kept the same roles, which made the future look bright. After a week 2 or 3 of us had already hit 50 and started plowing the hard mode Flash Points down with ease, even the buggy ones that were like eating steel on some fights went down after bashing at it enough. ( Minus one...don't remember the name, but it was honest to god undoable. ) After doing that for about a week we were still the only max level characters amongst our guild, so we started doing PUG raids with this other guild we met doing Flash Points. Long story short in that area, by the time people were hitting 50, not only were they dissapointed in listening to us on vent doing the FPs, hearing us call out the same mechanics we've had in WoW for 9 years, and even calling the abilities our characters had by their WoW names. Most of the skills were the same thing! (Granted, most MMO's are this way, it's the nature of the beast, I'm not at all hating on it for that.) A few of them stopped right after finishing the main quest line, and a few others tried PVP only to be severely dissapointed in the combat lag and having to ACTUALLY WATCH attack animations.
    Almost a month and some change in the wife was talking to me over breakfast one day and asked what I thought about just going back to WoW. He arguement was that we were essentially playing the same game, the same classes, and starting over in another franchise where we are already established and beyond good to go to do what ever we want in our WoW lives was really a huge waste of time. I agreed instantly, I'd been feeling that way since my first venture into hardmode FPs. We brought it up with the guild and everyone, 100% of them, was more than happy to return to WoW.
    It's been nearly a year now, and none of us have gone back, even with the F2P mode to allow finishing alts stories, the mechanics, bugs, bad combat, etc. all destroyed any hopes of us every truly enjoying the game.

Side Note - I really did love the Sith Warrior quest line. The story experience was the best that any MMO had ever achieved.
    Bleh

100% for real.

If you think about it it's the perfect crime

Not particularly. Once you spend enough money to get 1700 CC, you become a preferred account and get bumped up to a 6 character limit.
    That wasn't patched in yet, so for now it's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Boathouse View Post
    Side Note - I really did love the Sith Warrior quest line. The story experience was the best that any MMO had ever achieved.
    The storylines alone are great, but the excess around splits players up. Also it's advised to try TSW before calling the story experience the best, but different opinions and all ...

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    The storylines alone are great, but the excess around splits players up. Also it's advised to try TSW before calling the story experience the best, but different opinions and all ...
    How's TSW? I was thinking about trying it when the I can pickup the game for like $10.

Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post
    How's TSW? I was thinking about trying it when the I can pickup the game for like $10.
    There is thread about it in general section.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoying the story and the roleplaying aspects to no end. It's buggy, the combat is a bit weak, and I can tell there's nothing to do at max level.

But I'm playing it for the story and the roleplaying - and when my toons are maxed out, I'll probably drop sub and be happy with the experience I had.

I think there's an expectation that max level IS the game (caused by EQ and WOW), and that's just not true of SWTOR. The game is the leveling experience, and the max level stuff is negotiable.

And here's the most important part: Even if EA/Disney/Lucas-himself owns the properties - the story, the pacing, and the handling of the characters is very much Bioware at it's finest. Shades of Mass Effect with KOTOR mixed in. Wonderful stuff - and just the right amount of traditional Star Wars feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembai View Post
    Enjoying the story and the roleplaying aspects to no end. It's buggy, the combat is a bit weak, and I can tell there's nothing to do at max level.

But I'm playing it for the story and the roleplaying - and when my toons are maxed out, I'll probably drop sub and be happy with the experience I had.

I think there's an expectation that max level IS the game (caused by EQ and WOW), and that's just not true of SWTOR. The game is the leveling experience, and the max level stuff is negotiable.

And here's the most important part: Even if EA/Disney/Lucas-himself owns the properties - the story, the pacing, and the handling of the characters is very much Bioware at it's finest. Shades of Mass Effect with KOTOR mixed in. Wonderful stuff - and just the right amount of traditional Star Wars feel.
    For me the story was fun for the first one, and face slapping with the second ( as in I realized that every class after that would be mostly the same quests). As far as RPing goes, I had a really hard time getting into it with SWTOR. I had played SWG for 3 years where we actually had different races, just was hard for me not to feel like everyone was human, the only difference is a couple of them fell into a vat of ink.

If I could of just done class stories I would of been happy leveling every class.

Agreed.
    The class stories are amazing. Unfortunately, they have pretty much confirmed that the type of story we saw for chapter 1-3 will not continue on makeb and have implied that the story telling will be more like the epilog (ilum)

I wish there was a way to only play the class story, and only having to do small amounts of other activities on the side.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance