Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    You lost me when you said warriors are still superior to feral druids.

You're just plain wrong, there might be more people playing warriors -right now- because they were fotm and that's the character people geared but they are not better than feral druids.
    ___

Second Wind does not heal for 3%

I have ~382,000 health with commanding shout on my warrior, and second wind ticks for 8.8k, and almost all teams have a Mortal Strike, that cuts it down even further.

I'm not going to make anyone read a wall of text, but Veev sums it up pretty well on AJ.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2012-12-21 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I gotta say...

...I run in a 3's and 2's group with a DK (me), mage, arms warrior, and resto shaman (we trade off). We hate hunters. Depending on how good they are, they've been able to lock and kill us in a few GCD's. I'd say we have a 50/50 against them.

Warriors don't have too much at all, and some of the CD's you listed only apply if wearing a shield. I think they're in a fine place. Not too overpowered...we've taken them down just fine (and been killed by them), but not too underpowered (as we have taken down and been taken down by other classes).
    You're at 1100 on your 3s team, so I doubt you're running into anyone spectacular.

Warriors WILL be nerfed in 5.2. Anyone who isn't a die hard warrior defender can already see this coming.
    This thread is just the same old people defending warriors and I'm not sure why the thread exists. It's like a light in the night attracting moths.

Deleted
    As an spriest im mostly annoyed by their ability to avoid getting peeled.

Basically the zerker rage cooldown is too low, only 30 sec so he can stop my fear every time. If i use fiend, he can still CC it, charge it, interrupt/kill it since it barely has no hp after patch. If i use root, he can kill it, safeguard it, CC it etc. And when i do roots and back away he usually shockwaves me anyway.... And if i do get loose.. -> spellreflect, mass spellreflect. Now remember this used to be even worse with the old OP silence glyph... I stood no chance then.

So what's left? My disarm, that he just trinkets and continues to rape. And that costs me my damage so i cant counter-pressure. Life grip -> HL/charge, Life Swap = dangerous to use and 6 minute cooldown.

Basically a good warrior is much too hard to peel, at least for my class. Feral damage is over the top too. There is just a problem when i cant survive 30 sec using everything ive got, them being able to get out of 3 CCs and kill me even though i selfheal, disperse and do everything i can to survive until my CCs are off Cooldown again. I'm very limited to roll with a healer and mage.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterisop View Post
    stuff posted by hunterisop
    If it's being removed, it's by a Moderator and they believe it breaks the rules (which it does). So stop reposting it.

I do think warrior mobility at this point is somewhat ridiculous, it seems like they always have a way to be right on top of you and second wind flat out needs a nerf... in particular a duration would be nice, like make it last for 10 seconds on a 30 sec to 1 min CD for starters. That being said, besides fear, warrior's have no form of CC and the fear itself is not a very good cc, I do think because of this, the stuns are necessary.

Deleted
    Imho the only warrior thing that needs a fix is shockwave. It's doing too much dmg for a CC and is on a too short CD. Other than that I think warriors are fine. This doesn't mean other classes don't need a buff (dpriest, monks, rets, rouges)...

Deleted
    Any time a warrior is at risk of dying -> trinket, shockwave/disarm, leap away behind pillar and second wind back to 35%. A warrior who knows how to do this is so much harder to kill than any other class.

Quote Originally Posted by sbernett View Post
    -Warrior compared to enhance shaman: warrior has better burst, much better mobility, WAY better at locking down targets, more cc than an enhance shaman, WAY better survivability and WAY better at pealing. They even have a grounding totem equivalent! (spell reflect = grounding totem) Warrior > enhance shaman
    This made me sad as an Enhancement Shaman, although it's the truth :/

Deleted
    The OP speaks the truth, come on guys, warriors are op, deny it all you want, it's time to accept the obvious.

Deleted
    There are some more nerfs coming their way in 5.2. Hopefully we will see additional ones for each patch Blizzard is going to bring out so they're going to be where they were at the end of Cataclysm when the last content patch hits. Just that this time instead of feeling bad for them I will gloat, having seen how they acted when they were absolutely op at the start of MoP.

All these threads are just showing me one thing, people are so used to destroying warriors every time except for season 5 that when they become viable again, people freak out because its new and different, and they don't know how to handle it correctly.

The nerfs to warriors just show how much the devs like to knee jerk reaction, and the amount of crying about it is totally worth the nerfing of my class, because the one time we were on par with the other classes, you couldn't handle it....

despair.. so delicious..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctus78 View Post
    First of all, nice written post about your opinion on warriors.
    Im sure some veterans will counter each argument, im however no pvp'er so my comments may be wrong.

just 2 things i picked out for facts

Shieldwall does require a shield - reducing the dmg a warrior does drastically. you made it look like its just a 40% dmg reduction button
    Second Wind - also stops when we are back at 35%. just apply more then ~10k dps to outdps the heal. (i made that sound easier then it is).

Thou shall not use this as an arguement.
    Remember cataclysm, there was only 1 warrior in the top brackets at some point. overall it was the very very very least represented class above 2200.
    When this was used as arguments, warriors were told off (putting it very nicely)

this is actually a totally valid argument.
    I wasnt around during cata when warriors were supposedly not viable but you have to understand peoples reactions - warriors up to that point had been DOMINATING arena since it was first introduced.
    And to most people it felt unjustified because warriors are not exactly one of the more difficult classes to do well on.
    So it's not hard to understand why players reacted that way, it was the first time warriors were not OP in the game (they were even OP during S5 only nobody could notice because DK and ret countered them so hard)
    And now they are back to business.

warriors will get nerfed in 5.2. But so will a lot of other classes. (warlocks lol)

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters gunna hate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    All these threads are just showing me one thing, people are so used to destroying warriors every time except for season 5 that when they become viable again, people freak out because its new and different, and they don't know how to handle it correctly.

The nerfs to warriors just show how much the devs like to knee jerk reaction, and the amount of crying about it is totally worth the nerfing of my class, because the one time we were on par with the other classes, you couldn't handle it....

despair.. so delicious..
    warrios are by far the best represented melee class ever since arena was introduced. In fact they are pretty high up there regardless of role, very often warriors were better represented than healers. You are biased and/or have not been playing the game for long because over the course of the game it's quite possible warriors have been better placed than warlocks, mages and rogues(and let's not forget much easier to handle than those three)

10+ Year Old Account
    Laughing at everyone defending.

10+ Year Old Account
    The OP left this, one person is banned, a few infractions are handed out, and it was never very constructive from the beginning.

Closing.