Poll: How Much Have You Spent?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    $0.

I don't celebrate xmas.

Funny how people blow all the money for christmas and then rant about how bad the economy is etc etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Roughly $150. I aim for around $30-$60 for my parents and sister, and $10-$30 for my roommate. Saved some money this year as I got a $120 gift certificate from work for five years employment, but it was to a store I'd never buy anything for myself from, so I'm re-gifting it for my parents.

Deleted
    Only really buy for 4 people. Highest is my brother as his birthday is xmas eve. He got Halo4 CE and Mists of pandaria (earlier than his bday of course)
    He got around £80 the rest about £50 between them.

Dads is a half a year of netflix so that will add up over the year. (and half of the year for his birthday present as its half way through the year)
    Mum chose her present.
    Granny blu ray LOTR trilogy.
    me and BF just pooling together to upgrade our TV to a bigger model as well as gathering all our past consoles. (nes / snes / n64 / ps2 / gamecube / wii / dreamcast / xbox360 so far) Just gathering them has been an adventure in itself, its weird how scattered they all got.

Deleted
    About £100, only bought for my closest 2 friends and immediate family.

10+ Year Old Account
    4,99€ to buy myself Fear 3.

~10€ to drive to my parents place and back for the holiday.

Christmas doesn't really mean much for me. It's the only time
    of the year the whole family comes together tho.

Deleted
    How much i spend on christmas presents varies greatly from year to year. I buy presents only for the closest few people in my life and i always try to find something that either is something those people really would like to have but deny to themselves because of rationality, or something that will really brighten or ease their day to day lives in the future.
    Oftentimes, i won't find really good presents for all, and i refuse to buy junk just to have something to wrap up and hand over. I rather invite those who go without a present to some activity ( good dinner, a wild night out with all expenses covered, a trip to some city they habe not been yet) further down the road.

This year, i spent about 3000$ - the list included a half decent gaming rig, and setting up two >300 mile weekend-trips including live concerts next year.
    Last year i spent about 400$ - presents then had way more value in terms of time-commitment then in money (for example: gifted organizing the relocation of a friend this year. He just had to turn up with the keys - everything else was taken care of and he could focus on getting used to his new job and surroundings.

I bought myself a guitar for $85 (which I can resell for about 250-300) A watch for $17.5 (which I can also resell for $150-$200, really lucky on this one), an amp for $120. Then just a bunch of other little things that totaled like $60.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too much...
    |Asus Sabertooth 990FX|AMD Phenom II 1090T 4.2Ghz x6|XFX R7970 Black Edition|Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz 8gb|Corsair H60 Liquid Cooling|

10+ Year Old Account
    I spent a little over 100 bucks, all for me. ;D
    I got some Bose earbuds for when I go running, and a reading light for my Kindle.
    I'm not a big gift giver, and neither is my family so I just don't have any reason to buy anything else.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

This year i think i spent more then i wanted to :P

Nan / Grandad = £10 each x 4
    Brother = £25
    Sister = £30 x 2
    Mum / Dad = £40 Each
    Dog = £5 xD

£205.. not "alot" really. seeing what some people can spend. i know my parents spent well over £2000 tho on Xmas gifts / food and stuff. Xmas is pretty expencive ;( but its a nice time of year ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    As part of our routine Christmas gifting, I have the household staff bring me all of their bills and I pay them. I only have one person that shamelessly takes advantage of this, but she's been with me for years and is more valuable than my left arm. This exercise in generosity far exceeds the $4,000 cap put on the poll...

Deleted
    Bought presents for roughly 1700 SEK, which is approx $260. I only exchange presents with my closest family though (mum, stepdad, dad, two siblings).

Not sure exactly, just bought the last things today so around 4000 SEK on gf.

Gf and me pooling for our (close)families 4000 SEK
    Her newhew and niece
    Her sisters
    Our respective parents

So "around" 6000 SEK($900) all in all. Will get cash from grandparents as always so when it's all done and over with I might have spent 3000 SEK($450).

Don't need to contribute anything to the dinners really.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2012-12-23 at 03:26 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

A little over 2k on friends and family. The wife and I have spent a decent amount on each other as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post

I don't understand the "biggest most expensive" gift concept. I'm happy with a stuffed animal, or a blanket, or a box of chocolates.
    Now I want a stuffed animal.

I am working on making a "card" for a friend though, since no money and no real skill with anything.

I've spent pretty much exactly $800 on my family and then I bought myself $200 headphones and a Wii U.

It's the most I've ever spent for Christmas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spent just over £310, which works out at pretty much exactly $500. Usually I would spend a lot more, but since I no longer have a job, having to dip into my savings this year

7 people to buy for: BF, Mum, Dad and my 4 siblings.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Gifts totaling around $300 (gf + 3 family members), because none of us has that expensive taste nor any sort of "I MUST have at least that fancy and expensive as hell jewelry" fixation. Lucky me. Traveling to my family was negligible, and staying and eating there free. So a very minimal price tag in the end.

Deleted
    ~1050$
    I bought gifts for my mother, my father and my brother.