10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warlockSTAR View Post
    So patch is out in 2 days. Anyone got any solid numbers to go off for what we will be specing?
    What spec do you enjoy most?

10+ Year Old Account
    Aff/Demo will both be very strong. If you wanna be gimp play destro.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warlockSTAR View Post
    So patch is out in 2 days. Anyone got any solid numbers to go off for what we will be specing?
    How are you so sure that it will be released this week? After testing 25H I can safely say they will delay it and release it on the 13th.

Deleted
    Because everything was indicating it would be this week, plus Zarhym confirmed it today on Twitter : https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/308071948896845824

Guess GC lied when he said they would un-nerf Shadowburn...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Or they will un-nerf it in 5.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabsqt View Post
    How are you so sure that it will be released this week? After testing 25H I can safely say they will delay it and release it on the 13th.
    They have released patches the same day that arena seasons end for the past 4 years, they're not about to change it now. Fights on PTR are always buggy and in fact the fights are in a very good state.

Remember there is still time for them to nerf/buff anything. Sometimes they make changes the day of the patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the fights basically work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabsqt View Post
    They still have 1 more week to tweak the HC modes as no-one will be able to access them on release week anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Because everything was indicating it would be this week, plus Zarhym confirmed it today on Twitter : https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/308071948896845824

I've been tweeting him asking him about it every 2 days or so, and I still haven't gotten a response :/

Deleted
    Patch 5.2 will be tuesday. No doubt about it. There wouldn't be any reason why they rushed 25 HC tests in 3 days. When I saw the schedule, I knew there wouldn't be any other reason but blizzard boss sayin "hey guys, remember dragon soul duration before mop ? Let's not do that anymore heh..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by incroyable View Post
    Patch 5.2 will be tuesday. No doubt about it. There wouldn't be any reason why they rushed 25 HC tests in 3 days. When I saw the schedule, I knew there wouldn't be any other reason but blizzard boss sayin "hey guys, remember dragon soul duration before mop ? Let's not do that anymore heh..."
    Well to be honest this is the first time they will be putting out a raid in this new fast schedule, so this is our first chance to see if the normal polished quality of WoW patches has taken a hit in their rush to put out more content. On the whole I think not though, Blizz are too smart to rush a raid if it's not bug free enough to be competitively playable. And I've not been hearing overwhelming moaning about the bugs in the raid, so I think that it should be okay. The Ra-Den encounter will be more of a crap shoot though, that's a given.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizers View Post
    Aff/Demo will both be very strong. If you wanna be gimp play destro.
    there were some simcraft numbers in this thread using t-14h gear and 5.2 showing only a ~5.4% difference between Demo and Destro (Grim Sup) on single target with Affliction in the middle. By no means is Destro gimped.

Otoh, all of Destro's FnB abilities (conflag, incin, immolate) were buffed. Destro will be the best AOE spec. Even with the GSac nerf, destro still offers strong 2-target damage. The only way demo can compete is if the targets are next to each other and in range of wrath/felstorm and HoG.

Won't be gimped. Might not top the charts but won't be gimped
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    I think Destro will still be pretty awesome on fights like Horridon, Primordius, Tortos, maybe Megaera too in Hardmode, but on single target or multidot (Council of Elders) fights it will be rather bad.

Deleted
    I agree with the aoe part about destruction. It will be strong, just like Zumzum said, but yeah, destro without gosac will be so bad in single target But still, it stays a great spec for on demand burst and yeah, maybe on the overall on Council, it might not be so good, but as a "spec for down", it will still be great. And again, best spec for survival if you need so.

Best AoE spec? Sorry, but Demonology will continue to shine there. Looking at logs for the #1 Demonology and Destruction parses for Wind Lord show a nearly 100K difference prior to the first Recklessness phase. That's sustained 7 target AoE without the use of CDs. With CDs, Demonology gets a massive boost to their AoE damage by applying Dark Soul buffed Doom to every target, and getting two Dark Soul buffed Felstorms. The gap will decrease slightly, but Destruction will not be the top AoE spec.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-f0...?s=6922&e=6992 <Demonology top Non-Asian 25H parse
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-k3...=15836&e=15914 <Destruction top Non-Asian 25H parse

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Best AoE spec? Sorry, but Demonology will continue to shine there. Looking at logs for the #1 Demonology and Destruction parses for Wind Lord show a nearly 100K difference prior to the first Recklessness phase. That's sustained 7 target AoE without the use of CDs. With CDs, Demonology gets a massive boost to their AoE damage by applying Dark Soul buffed Doom to every target, and getting two Dark Soul buffed Felstorms. The gap will decrease slightly, but Destruction will not be the top AoE spec.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-f0...?s=6922&e=6992 <Demonology top Non-Asian 25H parse
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-k3...=15836&e=15914 <Destruction top Non-Asian 25H parse
    The difference between windlord and basically every aoe encounter in throne is that felstorm and hog will not get the same benefit it gets there.

Well Affliction is gonna crush both Demo and Destro on Tortos so it's all fine. :-)

was lookin in teh patch notes

Grimoire of Sacrifice now increases the damage of abilities by 15% (was 25%) for Destruction Warlocks and 35% (was 50%) for Affliction Warlocks. In addition, it now provides the spell Whiplash instead of Seduction when a Succubus is sacrificed.

back to 35% for aff or miss-typed?

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Well to be honest this is the first time they will be putting out a raid in this new fast schedule, so this is our first chance to see if the normal polished quality of WoW patches has taken a hit in their rush to put out more content. On the whole I think not though, Blizz are too smart to rush a raid if it's not bug free enough to be competitively playable. And I've not been hearing overwhelming moaning about the bugs in the raid, so I think that it should be okay. The Ra-Den encounter will be more of a crap shoot though, that's a given.
    Well if by polished you mean Dragon Soul or Firelands...