Page 51 of 117 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Since it seems to have spilled in here, the trinkets this round really feel quite fun. Really nice to see some trinkets breaking uniform as well as them trying to mix up the standard a bit with increase-over-time, decrease-over-time, etc.

It's just nice to see trinkets that aren't +Xstat, chance on hit/use to gain Ystat for 10/15/20 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    This weapon has shaman all over it though. Pretty cool there is a caster weapon only for monks/druids/shamans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    This weapon has shaman all over it though. Pretty cool there is a caster weapon only for monks/druids/shamans.
    Its pretty awesome to see a spell-based fist weapon in the game.

Too bad Mistweavers can't DW.

Should be pretty cool for Shaman though. Especially with imbues.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    It's just nice to see trinkets that aren't +Xstat, chance on hit/use to gain Ystat for 10/15/20 seconds.
    As a Caster i would like to see some transformation trinket as well, this On Proc Transformation is pretty much a Melee only thing so far.

As much as I like non-traditional caster weapons, I also hate them as you can never see them while you're playing. The only time they're visually there is if you turn auto-attack on. Once you start casting, its gone. I'd prefer they sit on my hip all the time. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    As a Caster i would like to see some transformation trinket as well, this On Proc Transformation is pretty much a Melee only thing so far.
    I can't be bothered to really look, but I thought it was only the strength trinket (again) that transforms?

But then the agi dps get gnoams so no real excuse - more vanity's all round.

@PaintOnASign you could see the firelands axe on your hip and it looked sexy as fuck. i'd consider it special because of just shaman/paladin personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PaintOnASign View Post
    As much as I like non-traditional caster weapons, I also hate them as you can never see them while you're playing. The only time they're visually there is if you turn auto-attack on. Once you start casting, its gone. I'd prefer they sit on my hip all the time. =/
    :O

All I honestly care about are the stats on my weapon. I can't even imagine having time to watch the weapon on my hip during combat ... plenty of cd's, timers and angry bosses/players to watch during combat ...

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I can't be bothered to really look, but I thought it was only the strength trinket (again) that transforms?

But then the agi dps get gnoams so no real excuse - more vanity's all round.
    Well, there's been this Random Str trinket from BWD in Cata and obviously DBW, which was useful for any melee.

there is also this 2 hand caster mace. pretty nice what they are doing.
    this 2 hand str polearm is pretty nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Well, there's been this Random Str trinket from BWD in Cata and obviously DBW, which was useful for any melee.
    Not amazing for enhance, you'd be better off with almost any trinket from algalon or later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...46?page=35#688

Lottery time folks.

My money is on a Shamanism passive buff.
    Still no Enhance changes, about the unleashed Fury nerf for enhance.
    Might leave the talent unused for enhance, and time to pick up some new talents. I just still dont get it, why enhance have to suffer from a Elemental change. Make it 20%LB and 10% LvB for Ele, and remain the 30% for Enhance.

Sure, the PE buffs looks great. But it leaves the UE behind as a nerf. Which again takes us to the Cookie cutter builds for Max DPS.

Deleted
    Ghostcrawler needs to stop yapping about Mages and Priests in that thread. It's basically all he's talked about. There's also no Shaman feedback at all in the only thread that the devs actually seem to be reading. And when we do have someone posting something, he gets told to shut the fuck up because he's a wanker.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2013-02-10 at 10:05 AM.

The most worrying answer is this one :

may regret this, because I don't know that I can capture every one and we iterate on this stuff really rapidly. We may change a number one day and change it again the next when we look at AE or PvP damage or whatever. If frequent iteration scares you, look away! But in the interest of providing context and helping theorycrafting, I'll give it a go.

DPS Tuning Adjustments

- Arms - Increased Deep Wounds by +100%.
    - Balance - Increased Starfire, Wrath and Starsurge by 9%.
    - Mind Blast - Increased Mind Blast by 20%. (Yeah I know you have to stop and cast it modulo procs, but I meant in contrast to Mind Flay which makes you really plant.)
    Elemental isn't mentioned. This can mean 3 things :
    1) they won't buff our dps
    2) they haven't figured a way to do so (unlikely)
    3) adjustments to our dps are coming later

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    The most worrying answer is this one :

Elemental isn't mentioned. This can mean 3 things :
    1) they won't buff our dps
    2) they haven't figured a way to do so (unlikely)
    3) adjustments to our dps are coming later
    The problem is: shadows and boomkins are already far ahead in overall dps because they can muti dot. Single target wise, elemental is better than both speccs.

Now they brought both speccs single target wise to eles level or even ahead (the boomkins are 2-4% behind pure single target wise but got a 5% buff...). Still elemental lacks multi dotting, so they fall behind 15-30% on more than half of the fights. It's not really funny.

I suspect they are happy with CL cleave damage buff...

I suspect overall, elemental is about 15-20% behind affli and now over 10% behind shadow and boomkins.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2013-02-10 at 12:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Single target wise, elemental is better than both speccs.
    No, we're not. At best we're completely tied with them. Besides that, the fights that are completely single target without ever having an opportunity to multi-dot are extremely rare.

f.e.: http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Blade...all/14/60/p90/
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2013-02-10 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    Ghostcrawler needs to stop yapping about Mages and Priests in that thread. It's basically all he's talked about. There's also no Shaman feedback at all in the only thread that the devs actually seem to be reading. And when we do have someone posting something, he gets told to shut the fuck up because he's a wanker.
    There have been multiple shaman feedback posts, including some from myself.

Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    yes but most is just some stupid and irrelevant answers, they gave locks pasive 10 % dmg reduction were they worse than dps shamans ? NO why dhey cant add dmg reduction to lightning shield as resto cant use it as its cripples mana regen and would be worse than earth shield

Deleted
    That have received an answer? It's not feedback if you're preaching in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    yes but most is just some stupid and irrelevant answers, they gave locks pasive 10 % dmg reduction were they worse than dps shamans ? NO why dhey cant add dmg reduction to lightning shield as resto cant use it as its cripples mana regen and would be worse than earth shield
    Meanwhile we get ~20-25% more physical damage reduction via Armor, not to mention the 3% chance to block if you have a shield. Oh, and a defensive talent tier too. There's also the fact that Shamanistic Rage is available to Elemental as well, which is 30% DR for 15 seconds every 1 minute. Rather than complaining about what you don't have, maybe you should look at getting the most out of what you do have?

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    That have received an answer? It's not feedback if you're preaching in the dark.
    It's feedback if they read it. There's not always going to be a reply though, which is what you seem to be forgetting.
    Last edited by binkenstein; 2013-02-10 at 08:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile we get ~20-25% more physical damage reduction via Armor, not to mention the 3% chance to block if you have a shield. Oh, and a defensive talent tier too. There's also the fact that Shamanistic Rage is available to Elemental as well, which is 30% DR for 15 seconds every 1 minute. Rather than complaining about what you don't have, maybe you should look at getting the most out of what you do have?
    People really do underestimate the value of armor. It's a bigger deal than people seem to realize, particularly when we use a shield. We're the only DPS caster that CAN use a shield. Our biggest threats are melee, who deal primarily physical damage, which is what armor works against. You can't discuss Elemental and passive damage reduction, unless you factor in that armor factor as well.

It wasn't enough, given that we also lacked equivalent active defense, but 5.2 seems to be fixing that with the addition of SR.