Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    The last acknowledgement of our PvE struggles was a tweet several months ago that "Elemental might be low", after which they made the Chain Lightning changes.
    indeed..buff an aoe ability to buff low single target dps..they really are ignoring us..but with the current set up with almost a constant haste buff? i see shaman with a higher stat in mastery. heck anything over 50% is sweet. and if we can get ot 100% then thats litterally on every cast..that also would make elemental blast the higher prefered ability over the elemental.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Koohii View Post
    Hell yea!, those are the changes everyone was looking forward to right!?....Right guys?, hey where you going? Don't go into that door labeled "Better casters", i'm sure things will get better, 5.2 is only a few weeks ahead, plenty of time to fix things.
    this hex change (frog model) is pretty old (30 Jan 13). front page twitter "news" are sometimes 1-2 weeks old.
    Last edited by Nebria; 2013-02-11 at 08:12 AM.

Us versus melee... that's just like a 'Tom and Jerry' cartoon ;-) Elemental versus melee feels like: we run away, keep distance and hope/pray this melee is dead before he reaches us.

Us having more passive damage reduction could lenghten the fight ... but in the end someone must die right? ;-)

I have a feeling we will get buffed for single target dps in 5.2, just no announcements yet.

Quote Originally Posted by midgetsj View Post
    I have a feeling we will get buffed for single target dps in 5.2, just no announcements yet.
    Evidence based statement? Or hopeful dreaming?

While I view a number boost as mandatory, I reckon they're seeing different numbers out of Elemental than we are.

Single target dps buff is doubtful IMO.

so about two weeks till new patch so we will see. if within a week wont be an update to shamans probably wont see anything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetsj View Post
    I have a feeling miss Belgium is gonna come over to my place tomorrow night to check my dps, just waiting for her to announce it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    so about two weeks till new patch so we will see. if within a week wont be an update to shamans probably wont see anything
    There's a PTR schedule for LFR testing until February 26th, plus loads of untested content still. Where in the world did you get this idea that the patch is in two weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    There's a PTR schedule for LFR testing until February 26th, plus loads of untested content still. Where in the world did you get this idea that the patch is in two weeks?
    Not that far. Hint : check the front page.

cant wait to reroll...

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Not that far. Hint : check the front page.
    Doesn't really matter because 2 weeks is really rushing this patch for no real reason.

They still have to do testings on every 10Heroic, 25Normal and 25Heroic within 2 weeks for an instance that contains 12 Bosses?

If they want to test any Boss on Normal as well Heroic, excluding Lei Shen Heroic they have to test around 2-3 Bosses per day until Patch day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Doesn't really matter because 2 weeks is really rushing this patch for no real reason.

They still have to do testings on every 10Heroic, 25Normal and 25Heroic within 2 weeks for an instance that contains 12 Bosses?

If they want to test any Boss on Normal as well Heroic, excluding Lei Shen Heroic they have to test around 2-3 Bosses per day until Patch day.
    2-3 bosses per day is slower than it was on beta btw. They had no problem sticking 4-5 bosses into one evening several days in a row.

I just wonder what kind of excuses Im going to read here, when ele damage wont get buffed enough. They get more hillarious every patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    2-3 bosses per day is slower than it was on beta btw. They had no problem sticking 4-5 bosses into one evening several days in a row.
    Yeah but in Beta they had enough time to actually reflect the feedback gathered, how much testings per day do they have to do to do that they have time to analyze those testings?

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just wonder what kind of excuses Im going to read here, when ele damage wont get buffed enough. They get more hillarious every patch.
    Joke prediction on Ghostcrawler's response regarding shaman elemental dps post-5.2:

"It is a shift we still plan to make, but we don't think patch 5.2 is the right time to make it. There are a great deal of spells and we don't think it is fair or reasonable to adjust them all and force so many shamans to re-learn their class mid-expansion."

More realistic prediction of Ghostcrawler's response:

" ... "

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    cant wait to reroll...
    I am glad, I have done that in Cataclysm *loves being a Warlock*

"It's a shift we still plan to make, but we don't think patch 5.2 is the right time to make it. There are a great deal of spells and we don't think it is fair or reasonable to adjust them all and force so many shamans to re-learn their class mid-expansion."
    He did really said that? :O :O :O
    Last edited by mmoc347b925a37; 2013-02-11 at 08:51 PM.

For some reason, I'm still hopeful something will be done about Elemental. I've been playing Enhancement during 5.1, but my plan was to switch to Ele for 5.2. I may still do it anyway, but either way, my fingers are still crossed in seeing Ele's DPS adjusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietrzyk View Post
    He did really said that? :O :O :O
    It was a joke prediction.

Yeah but in Beta they had enough time to actually reflect the feedback gathered, how much testings per day do they have to do to do that they have time to analyze those testings?
    I dont know. Do you? No, so whats the point of the question? most mechanics should be tested by now from LFR on PTR, the only thing remaning are numbers now, two more weeks (three for HC bosses) of reviewing feedback, testing on PTR and live normal raids should be enough info IMO. They are doing pretty well in that regard, very few bosses in last several years were under or overtuned because of numbers. In fact, I dont remember one big example since t11 Cata debacle with several 10man HC bosses.

I dont know. Do you? No, so whats the point of the question? most mechanics should be tested by now from LFR on PTR, the only thing remaning are numbers now, two more weeks (three for HC bosses) of reviewing feedback, testing on PTR and live normal raids should be enough info IMO. They are doing pretty well in that regard, very few bosses in last several years were under or overtuned because of numbers. In fact, I dont remember one big example since t11 Cata debacle with several 10man HC bosses.
    Well, usually there is 1-2 Week downtime after testings and then the patch will be released.

Now you will be testing a Heroic Boss on Monday and then actually try this Heroic Boss on live a week later, seems a short timeframe to me.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2013-02-11 at 09:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Folks. Keep the discussion on 5.2 changes. Not on complaining that you think we won't get any because Blizzard hates Shamans or something.

Well, usually there is 1-2 Week downtime after testings and then the patch will be released.

Now you will be testing a Heroic Boss on Monday and then actually try this Heroic Boss on live a week later, seems a short timeframe to me.
    Why? Most people wont be doing HC testing second week already (as most guilds wont even clear whole Throne the first week) and those who do are on the PTR to learn the fights in advance and they probably in most cases dont care if they test it on ptr a week or month before doing it on live.