Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Isle of Giants and Isle of the Thunder King

These two new islands look to be instanced; not part of the Pandaria mainland.

Will these two islands be flying mount-free?

I have my fingers crossed.

Well, we got one unused island on the map atm, so one of them is likely that one. Can't say about the second though, but I imagine both islands will be on the map in the end, right now they just aren't. We'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isle of the Thunder King sounds like it's gonna be another expanding quest hub in the vein of the Isle of Quel'Danas, which will grow based on the actions of all players in the server, rather than expanding individually for each player (like the Molten Front).

Could not be happier. Can't wait to unlock the Thunder Forge.

I'm guessing the Isle of Giants is where we'll find the new world boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Well, we got one unused island on the map atm, so one of them is likely that one. Can't say about the second though, but I imagine both islands will be on the map in the end, right now they just aren't. We'll see.
    I thought that that one was the new Zandalari isle...

It did say somewhere in the patch notes that the island(s) are located north of Kun-lai Summit rather than Townlong...

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Isle of the Thunder King sounds like it's gonna be another expanding quest hub in the vein of the Isle of Quel'Danas, which will grow based on the actions of all players in the server, rather than expanding individually for each player (like the Molten Front).

Could not be happier. Can't wait to unlock the Thunder Forge.

I'm guessing the Isle of Giants is where we'll find the new world boss.
    If it really is a lot like the Isle of Quel'danas I will be very pleased, that was probably the most fun WPvP zone I have experienced. But maybe that was because people used to fight each other back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Krixooks View Post
    I thought that that one was the new Zandalari isle...

It did say somewhere in the patch notes that the island(s) are located north of Kun-lai Summit rather than Townlong...

If it really is a lot like the Isle of Quel'danas I will be very pleased, that was probably the most fun WPvP zone I have experienced. But maybe that was because people used to fight each other back then.
    Believe me, if they enable pvp people will hack each other apart

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    Believe me, if they enable pvp people will hack each other apart
    Blood will be spilled *maniacal laughter* It's a good thing my server is pretty much 90% horde or something silly.

Isles of Giants is found north of Kun-Lai, as stated in the patch notes. So far there's nothing there so either it's instanced, or it'll show up later.

The isle north of Townlong is currently unavailable and covered in "mist". During the beta people found troll huts and a mogu palace there, so it's very likely that it's the isle used for the raid and the daily hub. And it does sound like Isle of Quel'danas, so that's gonna be fun.

I think the Isle of the Thunder King is the one we can't reach but appears on the map. The other one is supposed to be a "lost island", so I don't even know if it's supposed to be anywhere near Pandaria (and TBH, it sounds like Jurassic Park to me).

EDIT: Derp, the Isle of Giants is north of Kun-Lai, I must have skipped that part.

Deleted
    If they introduce this similiar to how Quel Danas or TB were then they better make it cross realm. Having such a zone with lots of PvP is completly pointless if there is an 1:100 balance. Either you're not going to find anyone to actually fight and it's a pure PvE zone, or you'll be dead as soon as you even try to leave the "safe" zone. Both is equally pointless but in the first case you'll at least be able to quest.

Witz CRZ this problem wouldn't be as severe.

I dont think they will be instanced. I have a feeling it will just be slapped onto the side of the continent like Hroathgar's Landing was to Northrend.

And to the people saying they hope its going to be pvp enabled. I can assure you with the amount of Kirin-Tor/Sunreaver shit they have going into this, and the mention specifically of pvp dailies that can be completed by killing the other factions npcs OR their players. It will be pvp, just like Quel'danas, except possibly with flying mounts.

I doubt they'll force you to PvP. Like the patch notes say, at some point there's a PvE way and a PvP way to do quests. So the PvP guys can have fun with that while the PvE guys can be at peace. But nice to see that the PvP'ers can have some fun if they desire while doing dailies.

ugh I hope not, I hate aggroing everything in a 20 mile radius just because I want to kill a mob

pvp can go to hell, I am on a pve realm for a reason, don't want to be punished by not having a flying mount just because some people want to gang each other
    Last edited by Enosh; 2012-12-22 at 12:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    ugh I hope not, I hate aggroing everything in a 20 mile radius just because I want to kill a mob

pvp can go to hell, I am on a pve realm for a reason, don't want to be punished by not having a flying mount just because some people want to gang each other
    I still think PvP and PvE realms should share CRZ and PvE people should be forcefully flagged for PvP. :>

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    I still think PvP and PvE realms should share CRZ and PvE people should be forcefully flagged for PvP. :>
    and I think your opinion should die in a fire ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    and I think your opinion should die in a fire ^^
    Same for the chars of every single last PvE guy/girl.

Sure, as long as we get a 1000% increased damage and health buff on account of being legitimately forced to pvp.

These two new islands look to be instanced; not part of the Pandaria mainland.

I have my fingers crossed.
    The island is on your map if you are in townlong and zoom out one to the continent view. I used Far Sight and can reach the island with it. It is in fact an island and not in the air. The 'fortress' publicized looks to have just a place holder building atm, like the one Lorewalker Cho is in Vale. I messed up and lost my far sight as i was trying to explore more, so i just stopped and got back to my normal stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Sure, as long as we get a 1000% increased damage and health buff on account of being legitimately forced to pvp.
    Even this wouldn't help most of the PvE people.

Even this wouldn't help most of the PvE people.
    Get over yourself jackass.

Yay! A perfectly nice thread succumbing to PvP/PvE hate! Well, I'll join.

You PvE and PvP freaks can go sell your computers. Only PvC (Player versus Critters) matters for real players.