Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    ugh I hope not, I hate aggroing everything in a 20 mile radius just because I want to kill a mob

pvp can go to hell, I am on a pve realm for a reason, don't want to be punished by not having a flying mount just because some people want to gang each other
    Back in the old days, you had to take care not to aggro too many mobs, sometimes you even had to fight your way through a number of mobs before you could get to the one you wanted!

The good thing about World PvP, is that it's a numbers game, everyone can participate even PvErs who may not know how to PvP well, it encourages people to bring friends along, maybe you'd even make new friends.

Flying mounts however, you will never engage with the terrain, you will rarely engage in WPvP, you will never group with other players to overcome something. There is no mmorpg interaction other than that between the player and their quest tracker on their map.

I just have my fingers crossed it will be a no-fly zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Krixooks View Post
    Back in the old days, you had to take care not to aggro too many mobs, sometimes you even had to fight your way through a number of mobs before you could get to the one you wanted!
    back in the old days we had to walk to school 20 km barefoot in 2m snow, uphill both ways
    I really don't give a fuck about the old days and I am happy they are gone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Yay! A perfectly nice thread succumbing to PvP/PvE hate! Well, I'll join.

You PvE and PvP freaks can go sell your computers. Only PvC (Player versus Critters) matters for real players.
    Ur funny:>

Deleted
    I just love Dinosaurs, I always watched dinosaur documentaries from the BBC when I was younger

Dat World Boss

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this idea.

Grounds mounts means more danger in the world from mobs, which is cool as well.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    Get over yourself jackass.
    Did you by accident enter some battleground and were curbstomped, or did you have to do school of hard knocks during childrens week and are still angry because of that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    back in the old days we had to walk to school 20 km barefoot in 2m snow, uphill both ways
    I really don't give a fuck about the old days and I am happy they are gone
    Agreed.

Man, people really get upset when their flying mounts are taken away from them. I wouldn't mind though, exploring on a ground mount is more fun.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Even this wouldn't help most of the PvE people.
    Sure it would. While I maintain people who pvp can be better at raiding, it's only the good ones and good pvpers are VERY rare. Bad pvpers are the people, like you, who beat their chest endlessly about how awesome they are, confidently harassing a single player with 4 other apes at your back, lose a duel and take it to the forum, complaining about how their warrior doesn't have enough tools to take down a hunter after the avatar nerf.

Did you by accident enter some battleground and were curbstomped, or did you have to do school of hard knocks during childrens week and are still angry because of that?
    No, its because you are just ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Sure it would. While I maintain people who pvp can be better at raiding, it's only the good ones and good pvpers are VERY rare. Bad pvpers are the people, like you, who beat their chest endlessly about how awesome they are, confidently harassing a single player with 4 other apes at your back, lose a duel and take it to the forum, complaining about how their warrior doesn't have enough tools to take down a hunter after the avatar nerf.
    Let's take a moment of silence for our nerfed Lynx Rush. Now we, hunters, actually need to move in order to beat a warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's take a moment of silence for our nerfed Lynx Rush. Now we, hunters, actually need to move in order to beat a warrior

MADNESSS!!! Generally I'd expect Hunters to move in PVP all the time.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Honestly, I doubt it. Ulduar didn't prevent flying around it so I don't see an issue. If there is a minimum of "Alliance versus Horde" and more "Kirin Tor versus Sunreavers" going on, forced PVP should be minimized. There's nothing like having to log in at 6am (est) to do your dailies because the PVP server you're on has an extremely one-sided faction population and you find yourself on the other one dying as much as a dozen times just trying to turn in a daily quest for your PVE content. If I didn't love raiding with my guild so much I'd have horded all my heirlooms and gold onto one character and transferred him to a PVE realm months ago.

I still think PvP and PvE realms should share CRZ and PvE people should be forcefully flagged for PvP. :>
    Only if the level 90 PVE players are given a personal list of your alts that lights up when they log on so they can camp you all the way from level 10 to 90. You've got to leave Org/SW sometime and dungeonfinder doesn't send you to a graveyard when you come out. Best wishes <3
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay! A perfectly nice thread succumbing to PvP/PvE hate! Well, I'll join.

You PvE and PvP freaks can go sell your computers. Only PvC (Player versus Critters) matters for real players.
    Lol PvC, I like that more than Pet Battles.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    First of all, I'm convinced that mediocre (I wouldn't call them bad) players are far more common then good (great) players altough there are a lot of shades of "mediocre" and "great" and a big part where they actually blend.

Second, you don't know anything about me whatsoever. I'm not one to run around in groups to gank people, if I do then I do it solo and going after 90's. Only time I call for backup is when being vastly outnumbered. Also I'm not playing a warrior, I'm mostly playing healers and even in Arena I'm playing 2's together with an hunter and 3's with an hunter/feral and shadowpriest/mage respectively.

Only thing I'm bothered by is gross faction imbalance and way to much CC alongside massive burst. I've seen us drop people in 1-2 GCD's before someone could react, that simply shouldn't be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    No, its because you are just ass.
    How dare you!

Deleted
    While the Isle of the Thunder King will be unlocked progressively by each realm based on participation in the war effort, initially only some of the Isle’s features will be unlocked. Future updates will include the Shipyard and the Main Courtyard. Some features, including the Treasure Room, will not yet be available.
    I myself am on a high pop server, but I can imagine this just feeling like another kick in the balls of people on low pop ones. Low pop already suffers under bad economy/Raiding scene/PvP scene would now also get the isle unlocked at a much slower rate. (Looking at how its stated and me assuming blizzard will take high pop servers into account when seeing how much 'effort' should be made for a server to unlock a new shizzle.)

Deleted
    If I may suggest something to the "PvE" people in this thread.

Stop responding to the trolls. The gankers who respond in this thread thrive on anger and frustration they cause to other players, now they're doing the same to you. If you don't respond to them, they will feel like back in Cata - with no one to verbally gank and they will be the ones getting angry.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    Get over yourself jackass.
    No, really. The majority of the PvE'ers I know (on a PvE server, so a fair few) are borderline retarded in PvP. I recently started leveling a Feral up and I'm looking to do pvp. Come out of a BG and I see a level 73 Belf Ret Pala nearby, to my 70 Feral. Regardless, I carried on and got to "Last Rites" and started it. Got the mob to about half health and he lands, blows all CDs and stuns me. I trinketed it and healed myself with Rejuv (so op at this level ;s) and Shadowmelded to drop the mobs aggro. He then started hitting the mob (presumably from auta target) while I popped up behind him and annhilated him. I know it's not 90, but WPvP extends to all level brackets, and this is just my most recent experience.

Thing was; he didn't bubble or LoH when low, tried hardcasting FoL instead of using WoG and didn't try to dot me with Truth before he stunned me. Now matter what % buff you give alot of people on PvE servers (and PvP servers, tbf. There's alot of people who roll fotm classes/specs and are so easily beaten because they don't anticipate anything) they'll still be terrible at PvP and only serve to feed the gankers. And just to point out, I don't generally initiate fights on my server. I run around with PvP tag on (mostly as I do BGs alot, but also baiting people occasionally) but it's upto them if they want to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    No, really. The majority of the PvE'ers I know (on a PvE server, so a fair few) are borderline retarded in PvP. I recently started leveling a Feral up and I'm looking to do pvp. Come out of a BG and I see a level 73 Belf Ret Pala nearby, to my 70 Feral. Regardless, I carried on and got to "Last Rites" and started it. Got the mob to about half health and he lands, blows all CDs and stuns me. I trinketed it and healed myself with Rejuv (so op at this level ;s) and Shadowmelded to drop the mobs aggro. He then started hitting the mob (presumably from auta target) while I popped up behind him and annhilated him. I know it's not 90, but WPvP extends to all level brackets, and this is just my most recent experience.

Thing was; he didn't bubble or LoH when low, tried hardcasting FoL instead of using WoG and didn't try to dot me with Truth before he stunned me. Now matter what % buff you give alot of people on PvE servers (and PvP servers, tbf. There's alot of people who roll fotm classes/specs and are so easily beaten because they don't anticipate anything) they'll still be terrible at PvP and only serve to feed the gankers. And just to point out, I don't generally initiate fights on my server. I run around with PvP tag on (mostly as I do BGs alot, but also baiting people occasionally) but it's upto them if they want to try.
    It's not about being retarded in PvP. It's about not knowing how to PvP.

Some people just don't fucking do it and don't really care to get into it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quenchiest View Post
    It's not about being retarded in PvP. It's about not knowing how to PvP.

Some people just don't fucking do it and don't really care to get into it.
    And yet it's exactly THOSE people jumping at the perceived opportunity to gank someone, funny huh?

And yet it's exactly THOSE people jumping at the perceived opportunity to gank someone, funny huh?
    Sometimes maybe.

Most people I play with on PvE servers won't attack flagged players even if they're 10 levels lower because they just don't like PvP and don't want to open themselves up to attack from other players.