Return of Weaponsmith specialty weapons?

I spent a little time puzzling over this particular line in the official PTR Notes.

As the heroes conquer the Isle, they will unlock the powerful Lightning Forge, which will allow Blacksmiths to forge mighty raid-worthy items, as well as classic weapons from the past.
    So I asked myself, what classic weapons are there that aren't still available? Ones that that it would be appropriate for a Blacksmith to forge, as opposed to current sources like the DMF or BMAH? And it struck me that some of the most iconic yet currently unavailable weapons were once made by Blacksmiths; the BC-era weaponsmith specialization weapons.

While a few people still have their Lionheart Executioner or Stormherald to mog with they're unavailable to the vast majority of players, even ones who had them back in the day. I recall they were mentioned more than a few times during the Mists Beta as candidates for the BMAH. Yet they've remained conspicuously absent till this point. While it's not a sure thing, I'd lay good money that these are what the PTR Notes are hinting at.

They were the first things that popped into my mind also. I'm eager to see if this turns out to be true, I miss my Executioner.

it sounded to me like it might also count as a dark iron forge, though not sure how many items need it still, not that it's terribly difficult to go to it

10+ Year Old Account
    It may simply be that players will be able to forge items specifically for transmogrification. Like how some armor pieces are purely for transmog and available through various means.

Which would be great, if we have access to a wide variety of them. No more grinding old raids in the hope that a specific item will drop.

SKILLHERALD IS BACK BABY

In all seriousness, I think it's just unlocking new, higher iLvl crafted weapons, similar to how Molten Front unlocked new patterns with an attached time delay in earning the coin thingies. Fingers crossed that it is weapon specs being more important, but making professions better might take a bit more than just that.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    SKILLHERALD IS BACK BABY

In all seriousness, I think it's just unlocking new, higher iLvl crafted weapons, similar to how Molten Front unlocked new patterns with an attached time delay in earning the coin thingies. Fingers crossed that it is weapon specs being more important, but making professions better might take a bit more than just that.
    Except for the part where it specifically mentions "which will allow Blacksmiths to forge mighty raid-worthy items, as well as classic weapons from the past. "

Fairly sure that means items from previous expansions, possibly ones no longer in game.

One can only hope.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

First thing that popped into my head was a Replica Benediction model.

The TBC Weaponsmith weapons were the first thing that popped into my head and I very much hope they do. I was an armorsmith at the time for the tanking gear and didn't dps until dual spec. By the time transmogging came out they removed the weapons and wish they hadn't. Several of the models I enjoyed and wish I could, but couldn't =/

Deleted
    Deep Thunder is going to have the extra THUNDER in it...oh wait it's Lightning

Could be. Only stuff in the files right now is a bunch of greens that reuse missing models from old ZA and ZG. So, you could get a Halberd of Smiting. And use it on your... Druid, who never used polearms when old ZG was actually in the game... or your Monk, who didn't exist... yeah. This stuff might not be from the forge though, could just be world loot from the mobs on the new islands.

No sign of anything like Maul of the Redeemed Crusader, or Lionheart Champion, etc, yet.

There's armor too, so you can rebuild your old Zandalari sets. Still among the missing textures (just from old ZA/ZG) is the belt that matches the white recolor of Crystalforge, used to drop from Hex Lord.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I am more interested in this part
    as well as classic weapons from the past.
    perhaps they will let other professions do the same as well some time.