Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Need help to find a new laptop able to run WoW MoP on ultra.

Hey there MMO-Champion, I am currently looking to buy a new laptop. Because my old is just a notebook and I CANNOT play anything, if I try to do a bg, my fps drops to 15 or 10.. I was wondering how much I'd have to spend to get a computer that will be able to run MoP on high/ultra. My budget is 600£ due to Christmas being here and my daughter/girlfriend needed expensive presents ^^

Anyways, hope you can help everyone!
    Thank in advance.

Btw. Live in the UK so no US computer sites if you're refering please.

600£ is enough to run raids at 10-15fps on ultra, you need to double the budget for 25man raids if you want to see highest settings.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    You budget is very low for a gaming laptop that can run mop on high/ultra with decent fps in raids. What about a desktop?

http://www.novatech.co.uk/laptop/ran...nityn1406.html

Not to bad, for the price, knock shadows/sunshafts off and it should run wow well.

It is indeed a nice laptop, but I reckon the price spent on the SSD can be used to acctually get some performance...

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    The benefits granted by the SSD may not be measurable in FPS, but they are measurable in responsiveness.
    Especially with laptops that tend to have low power components and slow HDDs the speed boost from SSD can be night and day difference.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    That laptop wont run the game even on high. Just so you know op, before you make hasty decisions.

Said "Gaming laptops" are usually paired with a very low end GPU and "i7"(which is usually just a really low end i7 also).

Deleted
    the goal with that budget is just not gonna happen on 1080p laptop screen, best bet would be upping the budget or going for a depressingly low resolution in order to have the game be playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    That laptop wont run the game even on high. Just so you know op, before you make hasty decisions.
    I have an older model of that laptop from novatech which has an I5 and a more dated gfx chip in the 550M, it handles what is basically ultra settings with no lag. You just need to turn shadows and sun shafts off and touch down a few settings.

For the price point he is not going to get an amazing laptop which will be flawless running everything. But with that said the one I posted is very good value for money and will run a large majority of current games at reasonably high-ultra settings with certain extras turned off.

It's a compromise quite simply because of the price, an above average gaming laptop will be at least £800 top end are £1000-1200 for £600-650, that range is a bargain which will run most games.

All that said if you are able to spend £600 on a desktop you will get a better machine, ensure you actually NEED a laptop to game on before you spend the cash.

Edit: That laptop I posted rather strangely doesn't have a DVD drive, it has a spare battery instead. Just a heads up if you were to buy it, customize and add the DVD drive if you need one.
    Last edited by Jeleh; 2012-12-22 at 10:19 PM.

Deleted
    perhaps an option of less i have yadayada and more statistics? because running wow ultra smooth on a 600 quid laptop ain't gonna happen above 1360x768. (and that is sucky at best for the playing experience)
    also for the OP does it have to be a laptop?

edit: do note resolution is a guesstimate, feel free to provide otherwise but we're talking ultra not toned down settings.
    edit 2 : dvd drive is the least thing to worry about, if really needed external usb one costs what 20 quid? (besides gaming on battery power is highly unlikely aswell)
    Last edited by mmoce1d4ab16bc; 2012-12-22 at 10:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    I have an older model of that laptop from novatech which has an I5 and a more dated gfx chip in the 550M, it handles what is basically ultra settings with no lag. You just need to turn shadows and sun shafts off and touch down a few settings.

For the price point he is not going to get an amazing laptop which will be flawless running everything. But with that said the one I posted is very good value for money and will run a large majority of current games at reasonably high-ultra settings with certain extras turned off.

It's a compromise quite simply because of the price, an above average gaming laptop will be at least £800 top end are £1000-1200 for £600-650, that range is a bargain which will run most games.

All that said if you are able to spend £600 on a desktop you will get a better machine, ensure you actually NEED a laptop to game on before you spend the cash.

Edit: That laptop I posted rather strangely doesn't have a DVD drive, it has a spare battery instead. Just a heads up if you were to buy it, customize and add the DVD drive if you need one.
    My i5 3570k overclocked 4.2 ghz amd 6870 is running the game on ultra with 20-30 fps in raids. You might be able to run it on medium/high with some settings turned off, but thats not really high is it now.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay I upped the budget 700£ anything improvements.
    And thanks for the help.

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 07:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_Trueskills View Post
    And thanks for the help.
    And a Desktop will be fine too, if I can purchase a screen including with the price.

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 07:20 PM ----------

http://www.novatech.co.uk/pc/range/n...lacknti34.html Going to buy this one, thanks a lot for all your help. And especially you Jeleh for showing me this site!

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_Trueskills View Post
    And thanks for the help.

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 07:10 PM ----------

And a Desktop will be fine too, if I can purchase a screen including with the price.

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 07:20 PM ----------

http://www.novatech.co.uk/pc/range/n...lacknti34.html Going to buy this one, thanks a lot for all your help. And especially you Jeleh for showing me this site!
    Glad you found something suitable for you, a desktop will certainly be much better value for money ^^ I have used novatech for years and they have very good customer service. I would recommend them to anyone in the UK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry, any 500$ Dollar Laptop should run it fine, and do other things perfectly, it's not the best computer you'll find
    Howay the lads!

Good luck, should be able with that budget.