Need some puzzle games to gift someone!

Heya.

I just got my girlfriend, who likes games a great deal but doesn't play many due to not having a good computer, to get Steam due to the winter sale. Problem is I don't know many games to gift to her or make her get. The problem is she's quite autistic, so reacts badly to a lot of things; excessively violent games make her react badly, and scary or disquieting games can give her pretty bad nightmare issues. She does however love puzzle games, which are perfect for her. Problem is while I like them too I don't know about many so need some suggestions, and thought I'd come here first.

I got her to get Braid, which so far has been perfect; her computer can run it, it's not exactly scary, etc. Limbo is too disquieting and weird, and Portal won't download on her computer (and I'm hoping GLaDOS wouldn't freak her out too much :P )

So, any suggestions for good puzzle games? The basic requirements are that they can't be very scary, and they can't be overly violent or gory (although I can't think of a puzzle game that is). If it's on sale, great, if not, it's good to keep on a list for if it does! Very much appreciate any and all help!
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Portal 1+2, Trine 1+2

10+ Year Old Account
    Q.U.B.E Is a good choice, Also its on sale right now 75% off.
    Puzzle Kingdoms May be worth looking at too? 90% off.
    Quantum Conundrum Also another decent puzzle game, 40% off. Maybe wait for the end of Steam sale to pick this one up, Just in case it goes into Flash sale where it could be anything from 50-90% off.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try portal again.

Otherwise I recommend a nice chess board. Chess > all other games

Guys, I already said Portal didn't work and that I'd considered. Not much point suggesting something I've already stated I'm aware of... but thanks for the other suggestions ^^ Will Look into Trine and those other three :P

Edit: Trine seems to have a fair bit of fighting in it which isn't the best for what I'm looking for. The more pure puzzle (some platforming is obviously not an issue) it is, the better.
    Last edited by Migey; 2012-12-22 at 05:42 PM.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

I'll vote for Tommy and Cludo up there:

Portal 1+2 are great
    Trine 1+2 are great
    Quantum Conundrum is a lot of fun, very similar to Portal mechanics wise, but a happier story
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

get that spergo amnesia

SpaceChem. Should run on just about anything and it's hard as nails.

Machinarium. Point and click puzzler. There's also Samorost (not worth paying money for IMO) and Botanicula by the same person.

World of Goo. Build structures out of Goo balls to get to the goal.

Looking through my Humble Bundle purchases, there's Osmos, And Yet It Moves, Cogs and Crayon Physics Deluxe.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

If you go with Quantum Conundrum it is $2.62 on Green Man Gaming, just use the 30% off code on the home page
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface