Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    IMO, touch of karma is the best one. A defensive that can force defensives? Nuff said.

I think that Symbiosis (the possible addition of a major defensive cooldown is REALLY strong), Smoke Bomb, and Alter Time are the strongest. I'm surprised at all the Blink mentions when abilities like this exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithgroth View Post
    I don't think so.
    6% melee damage reduction,
    ~60k shield every 30 seconds,
    2 Ice Blocks or Cautarize,
    Invisibility or Mirror Image to counter pressure,
    Alter Time...

These are all non-CC spells that improve mage survivability. Some classes and specs don't even have half of what mages have in terms of survivability, control and burst.

Mages ARE NOT the squishest class in the game.
    So you just listed a bunch of defensives and went on to claim that other classes don't have "half as many". Except of course they do. If we listed all classes' defensives you'd see that they are about equal; maybe slightly worse, maybe slightly better. And because I know it's coming: inb4 enh/ele shammies biching about random stuff. They're included in that list of "about equal" defensively, not even lightly worse.

What I was talking about was the fact that when you DO connect with a mage, a physical dps class is able to punch a hole in them bigger than any other class in the game. I don't think I crit any other class as hard as I do a mage as a warrior. And this has remained true since vanilla. Thus, squishy.

But like I've said, their CONTROL abilities are what make it seem like they have more defensives than they actually do. Because that control leads to an ability to escape that is only rivaled by druids and rogues.

ALL THAT SAID, I will agree that mages are over the top AND that blink is probably the most overpowered ability in the game followed very closely by smoke bomb and ring of frost.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-12-29 at 12:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    Rogues, hands down.
    I don't think you read the question?

I'm going with Blink.

Quote Originally Posted by RabidRussian View Post
    I think that Symbiosis (the possible addition of a major defensive cooldown is REALLY strong), Smoke Bomb, and Alter Time are the strongest. I'm surprised at all the Blink mentions when abilities like this exist.
    What makes blink mentioned so often (and ridiculously powerful) is that it's anti-cc against the most potent cc in the game (stuns) while also being an escape mechanic AND has the lowest cd of any escape mechanic in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Pretty much everything Mages have.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I first saw this thread, the first thing that came to mind was (sardonically) "Well, obviously, the best and most OP PvP ability is double purge."
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    vanilla bubble + wings
    Wasn't Avenging Wrath added in TBC as a level 70 spell?

Anyway, while I loathe Blink quite a bit, Blink in a vacuum isn't that good. But considering the class that has Blink also has access to one of, if not THE best control kit in the game, plus decent enough survival potential, makes it one hell of a terrible sight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    No smokebomb? Really? Blink might be great solo but in group fights it's no game changer. Smoke bomb and ring of frost on the other hand are easily the most powerful and game changing moves to the extent that they can even change games in the rogue/mage's favor when used at the worst times.
    Seconded. Smokebomb wins fights.

Deleted
    Blink is just awesome, same with displacer. Cyclone is also a good candidate.