Wanting to start from fresh need help.

Hello, I have come to MMO champion for some advice about starting to play WoW again. I stopped soon after Cataclysm launched, but I had played since classic's launch before that. Some brief history of my characters: In classic I played a rogue. In BC I played a hunter. In wrath I played a pally and druid, and for a short time in cata I played a warrior and shaman. I am now interested in leveling and playing a new class. I think I would like a mage, its what i had planed from the start but the friends I played with wanted me as the classes listed above. Are there any tips you guys could have for mages or a place I could find tips? I have a new account and will start from scratch. The friends I had played with, quit back when I did and won't be picking it back up with me. Hows the new ex pac and finally is it easy to start raiding?

10+ Year Old Account
    I love starting fresh. But I get bored once I hit the level cap. And then I quite again :/ Haven’t played for a long while, but I played a Mage, and that was the definitely the best class I ever played in World of Warcraft. If raiding is like in the last two expansions, it should be really easy to pick up on that after running a few dungeons. The endgame is kind of rince/repeat on a daily basis, imo. The leveling process is much underrated, and is without comparison the best part of the game experience. Whatever you do, enjoy the time you spend developing your character. Don’t just rush your way to the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    I love starting fresh. But I get bored once I hit the level cap. And then I quite again :/ Haven’t played for a long while, but I played a Mage, and that was the definitely the best class I ever played in World of Warcraft. If raiding is like in the last two expansions, it should be really easy to pick up on that after running a few dungeons. The endgame is kind of rince/repeat on a daily basis, imo. The leveling process is much underrated, and is without comparison the best part of the game experience. Whatever you do, enjoy the time you spend developing your character. Don’t just rush your way to the cap.
    I agree completely I love lore. I'm just not sure about rep and gear to start raiding with and whats the best way to level.