Thread: Nerf Warlocks?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faziel View Post
    I don't know anything about warlocks but what I do know is that they are plain OP
    *facepalm*

322k Chaos bolt? Not a chance, you're exaggerating and not by a little bit either. As a mage, how do you even let a Warlock cast Chaos Bolt to begin with? Just interrupt it. With its 3 second cast time you could even interrupt it with polymorph if you so desired. Shadowflame deals like no damage and is primarily used for its slow, and is only for Demonology whereas Chaos Bolt is only Destruction. Also Shadowflame does not deal 155k damage, you might think of Chaoswave of which was severely nerfed not all that long ago.

Sounds like a L2P issue if you ask me.

Also, the spell that absorbed your damage is Dark Bargain, it only lasts for 8 seconds and then deals 50 % of the absorbed damage over time. Unlike your Ice Block which makes you completely immune to all damage for 10 seconds.

If you truly wish to PvP on any level at all, read up on other classes instead of jumping the "QQ this class is OP" bandwagon!
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2012-12-23 at 01:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ARMORY: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Faziel/simple - As you see, 53.83% resi. YES, I got hit for 322k by a Chaos Bolt in Arenas. How? Little do I know.
    322k is impossible since the 5.1 nerf unless you were in full pve gear, the warlock had all stars align and was playing with a warrior using skullbanner.
    You are simply undergeared, 55% resilience is completely negated by the pvp power of a geared opponent

Either way, why would I come here just to 'troll' you saying how ridiculous your class is? This is more of an informative thread rather than an complaint.
    Mages are considered as the most overpowered caster, warlocks on the other hand, are not even close to overpowered. Pretty much any complaints coming from a mage sounds like trolling.

I'm literally laughing at you saying this is an L2P issue if I'm stunned with no trinket/IB and he hits me with a Chaos Bolt. Either way, I am in no way considered 'pro' or 'good' AT ANY POINT. I'm simply stating the facts that I have experienced and how they affect me. I don't know why you think i'm trolling, you must simply be bad yourself.
    What about blink or have one of your 2 partners interrupt the warlock? (this includes stunning, silencing, gripping out of los, knocking back, etc)
    Geared mages can bring someone from 80-0 with a full combo, locks on the other hand can barely crit someone for 50% of his health if all stars align and they actually manage to get a chaosbolt casted. ( which doesn't happen at 2.2k+ rating )

Im claiming my own experiences as said, does anyone believe me? No. You must really be bad as this is stuff that HAS found place, simply these warlocks must be better then.
    Yeah, blame your shitty gear on warlocks...
    Let me put on my pve gear and allow a mage with stars aligned to crit me for 400k with frostbomb so I can complain about it on the mage forums.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2012-12-23 at 01:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again it's an informative thread, not an complaint. I'm not saying mages haven't been dominating for ages, but I just found this to be hillarious to be crit for such an amount. You must really be out of date if you honestly think mages are OP still, with all the nerfs that have gotten and IS about to get. Anyway, I was just looking for the answer to this ridiculous hit but seems nobody here is classified to be able to answer it. Therefore I bow farewell.
    Honnestly, anybody whining about Warlocks right now needs to...just...get out. WE get our Demonology burst nerfed (granted, two shots ain't fun to receive) - our Chaos Bolts - whom need A LOT of time to become powerful + the interruptable cast itself has also been nerfed. Now our Spell Lock and Blood Fear will ALSO get nerfed. All the while, Warriors still face-rape in two-three hits, get out of every fear you throw at them - and just charge through any path when you try to slow em down. Mages...I'm not...even going to comment how long they have and still are dominating.

Your gear isn't that good, no wonder you're taking such hits.

Deleted
    Your gear is nearly all PvE gear... I'm not sure if you have heard of this new stat called, PvP Power? It increases the damage dealt to other players. Due to your extreme lack of PvP gear, that might be your core issue. At least get a full set of Dreadful before you even attempt to comment, on anything PvP related...

I find it funny how you start complaining the second I put out my gear as requested by an earlier comment. I said 55% resi and I showed 55% resi, however your ignorance wont allow you to see that the crit actually found place. I don't know, you might just be to bad yourself to realise.

YES, I WAS IN 55% RESI WHEN I WAS HIT FOR THIS, AND now when I showed my armory to show you this you all start complaining how bad my gear is. Lmfao.

Shush it up warlocks, I got you all mad with no intention of. Just shows todays generation of warlocks *cough*

Congrats, you've got yourself hung up and mad over nothing even when I had no intention of making a debate, I simply wanted answers to HOW, HOW HOW warlocks could do such damage, not *IT'S NOT POSSIBLE OMG YOU MUST BE SHITTY GEARED* piece out sons

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it funny how you start complaining the second I put out my gear as requested by an earlier comment. I said 55% resi and I showed 55% resi, however your ignorance wont allow you to see that the crit actually found place. I don't know, you might just be to bad yourself to realise.

YES, I WAS IN 55% RESI WHEN I WAS HIT FOR THIS, AND now when I showed my armory to show you this you all start complaining how bad my gear is. Lmfao.

Shush it up warlocks, I got you all mad with no intention of. Just shows todays generation of warlocks *cough*

Congrats, you've got yourself hung up and mad over nothing even when I had no intention of making a debate, I simply wanted answers to HOW, HOW HOW warlocks could do such damage, not *IT'S NOT POSSIBLE OMG YOU MUST BE SHITTY GEARED* piece out sons
    But you do realise that all the raping you are getting is just because of your gear? I hope you realise that. Even I realise that and I don't even PVP.

At what point did I even state my gear was good? Either way, they said it was impossible at 55% resi, which it clearly wasn't. I win.

10+ Year Old Account
    At what point did I even state my gear was good? Either way, they said it was impossible at 55% resi, which it clearly wasn't. I win.
    But then again you don't have any proof of the huge crits. Things like "pics or it didn't happen" are said for a reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    But then again you don't have any proof of the huge crits. Things like "pics or it didn't happen" are said for a reason...
    Honestly, why would I care what people think as long as I know its true myself? Why in heavens name would I pop up here at the Warlock forums and post something untrue? What intention would I have to do that? What gains would it give me? This is way of topic now, please close this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, why would I care what people think as long as I know its true myself? Why in heavens name would I pop up here at the Warlock forums and post something untrue? What intention would I have to do that? What gains would it give me? This is way of topic now, please close this thread.
    You can't still seriously think that people will believe such things without any proof?

You can't still seriously think that people will believe such things without any proof?
    I had the feeling nobody would. However, from the start of all I asked for was how: Is critting this high hard? How do they do it? That's all I asked, I never cared if anyone believed me, people are just tracing of topic for no reason. I don't give a shit if im undergeared, I want to know how/if it's easy, which nobody really responded to.

Deleted
    During raids even in full PVE gear, I very rarely see myself ever crit 350k, only with damage amplifiers like on sha/elegon. This includes full buffs + flask + PVE gear and no resiliance. I just cannot see how you could've got hit for 332k chaos bolt, since the nerf. Chaos bolt used to be a problem but they silent nerfed it so some of the damage now occurs through periodic damage.

The only scenario I ever hit 332k Chaos bolts is Temple of Kotmogu when killing people with spheres with dark soul up. Chaos bolt was a problem, now its perfectly fine tuned, does equal damage to a shatter that mages do in arena, (difference is you can stop or LoS the chaos bolt)

P.S Regarding the felguard stun, yes you can even blink from that too ( was more just reiterrating that hes talking about destruction since the chaos bolt damage) , so mages have complete freedom to negate any chaos bolt casting if they choose,

10+ Year Old Account
    I had the feeling nobody would. However, from the start of all I asked for was how: Is critting this high hard? How do they do it? That's all I asked, I never cared if anyone believed me, people are just tracing of topic for no reason. I don't give a shit if im undergeared, I want to know how/if it's easy, which nobody really responded to.
    Actually you just said along the lines of "what the heck" and "warlocks need a nerf".

I don't know anything about warlocks
    There we go, the only relevant part of your post. You know nothing about the class, yet you expect to beat it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shagina View Post
    There we go, the only relevant part of your post. You know nothing about the class, yet you expect to beat it?
    HAHAHAHA, AGAIN ANOTHER IDIOT TRACING OFF, I don't need to beat them, I want to KNOW HOW, KNOW HOW < READ THIS OKAY? CAN I STATE THIS ENOUGH? I WANT TO KNOW HOW and IF ITS EASY, i don't give 1 damn about anything else. Damn, learn to read earlier posts.

Infracted. Don't call people names. ~xskarma

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 03:38 PM ----------

Actually you just said along the lines of "what the heck" and "warlocks need a nerf".
    How is this relevant to the topic I am regarding? I want to know how they do it and if it's easy, how does your concerns even regard this?
    Last edited by xskarma; 2012-12-23 at 08:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    actually, we also have the felguard stun
    That is from the pet. Im pretty sure he was talking about baseline/talents. Technically we have disarm, silence, knockback, dispell, stun etc etc
    if you count all the pets abilities. But since we cant have all of them at once it shouldnt be considered as something all locks have in any given situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    HAHAHAHA, AGAIN ANOTHER IDIOT TRACING OFF, I don't need to beat them, I want to KNOW HOW, KNOW HOW < READ THIS OKAY? CAN I STATE THIS ENOUGH? I WANT TO KNOW HOW and IF ITS EASY, i don't give 1 damn about anything else. Damn, learn to read earlier posts.

---------- Post added 2012-12-23 at 03:38 PM ----------

How is this relevant to the topic I am regarding? I want to know how they do it and if it's easy, how does your concerns even regard this?
    It's relevant 'cause you didn't ask the things you said you did. And you got an answer "no they don't do it". You don't believe when people say "it's not possible" at the same time when people don't believe you took 322k from Chaos Bolt. Hard to make a real conversation of things like this when no one actually knows it happened.

I know it happened. Either way this is hopefully closed soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it happened. Either way this is hopefully closed soon.
    You want it closed because you're losing this. It is NOT possible at all to take such hits - however it is little wonder you take hard hits with that gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Solonar View Post
    You want it closed because you're losing this. It is NOT possible at all to take such hits - however it is little wonder you take hard hits with that gear.
    I want it closed because this is way out of the discussion I wanted. Damn I hope you didnt try hard to insult me with the gear comment