Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What would make you resub?

When this game was first announced back in 08, i followed it until its release in 2011. I was super excited for this game, i wanted another kotor. I been playing mmos since daoc, this was the one game i had all the hopes in the world for it to succeed because in my heart i wanted it too. I got the game and i was sub for 6 months played it. I did raiding, rated pvp and everything that could on the game. I unsubbed because i just felt burnt out, all my friends stop playing. So when i would log on my guild roster would be empty was 100+ at launch. Idk, this was probably the biggest upset of the decade for me. The only way i would possibly resub is if all my friends start playing again or the add something different and unique to it.

Call me crazy but i honestly want a good pvp space battle system. You have upgrades for your ship that you craft, there is just sooo much you could add to the feature of the game. Having an open space traveling system where you have travel to space to get the fleet or different planets in the system. When you travel you can all of sudden get into an dogfight with someone of the different faction. Also adding a warzone where you actually get to use your ship to fight with. Like the epic space battles in pretty much every Star Wars movie out there, where each team has lets say 500 resources each death is -1 or you can board the opposing faction ship to disable certain defenses of that ship but you would have to face a boss guarding that defense system. Or you can just stay in your ship and attack the main parts of the ship "Bridge, Turrets, Shield, Engines, Tracking system"? Idk this alone would make resub and just play this part of the game. So lets say bioware added something to the game what would it be for you to resub and start playing again?

re-sub? isn't this game f2p?

Quote Originally Posted by Gurushockin View Post
    re-sub? isn't this game f2p?
    Freemium (though the moniker used is still F2P). That means much of the game is behind a paywall through the cash shop, or through the subscription. So subscribers get full access to content in the game, while free players need to pay to unlock it or become subscribers themselves. It's the most common form of business model transition for subscription based games.

Ah okay, tyty!

- No Cash Shop
    - less bugs/inefficient loading screens/computer slowdown.
    - More content

And they promised they will make a complete KOTOR 3 (non-mmo, no giving up halfway like KOTOR 2 of Mass Effect quality)

15+ Year Old Account
    Guild space pvp, it would be awesome and you know it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    - No Cash Shop
    Just out of curiosity, is it SWTOR's cash shop specifically, or cash shops as a whole that you don't like? Because the only major MMO's I can think of that don't include it in one form or another (off the top of my head at least) are FFXI/XIV...

How about they would fix their lag issue which hadn't occured prior to 1.4 like it does now. It's kinda silly if you run a high end computer, playing a game on very low settings and still getting 8 fps in a warzone from time to time. Not sure how many people unsubbed over this but that could be very well my reason anytime in the future.

Deleted
    - Class balance
    - No smashfest in pvp
    - Jeff Hickman to work in McDonalds instead
    - Better engine than Hero beta
    - Real large scale pvp
    - Cross server matches
    - Actual fun stuff in cash shop instead overprized crap
    - Some bug fixing
    - Proper universe to be explored
    - Random class missions , Bountyhunting for BH's , sabotage/spy missions for agents etc.
    - Apology from BW for wasting the second best ip in the world
    - Something to do with companions instead of them being decorations in your ship when you hit level 50
    - Random events, Swtor is so static it's super boring
    - That the devs would actually play the game themselves
    - Proper space fighting
    - Free roaming space
    - Custom ships
    - More interaction between Imps and Reps
    - Less of a loading screen fest

I'm waiting... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Helistin View Post
    - Class balance
    - No smashfest in pvp
    - Better engine than Hero beta
    - Real large scale pvp
    - Cross server matches
    - Actual fun stuff in cash shop instead overprized crap
    - Some bug fixing
    - Proper universe to be explored
    - Random class missions , Bountyhunting for BH's , sabotage/spy missions for agents etc.
    - Apology from BW for wasting the second best ip in the world
    - Something to do with companions instead of them being decorations in your ship when you hit level 50
    - Random events, Swtor is so static it's super boring
    - That the devs would actually play the game themselves
    - Proper space fighting
    - Free roaming space
    - Custom ships
    - More interaction between Imps and Reps
    - Less of a loading screen fest

I'm waiting... :P
    While I guess a lot of these is on the "wall of crazy", what is your issue with the one in bold.

actually releasing the content they promised us
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

10+ Year Old Account
    I sincerely doubt there's anything they can do to make me resub at this point.

Hell the game is F2P now and I haven't even bothered to DL the client again.

Here's my list:

* Re-design the character models to look less comical and more realistic.
    * Much more companion banter & interaction in cut-scenes.
    * Customizable companion tactics (Dragon Age)
    * Fully customizable companions (talents and what not)
    * Allow me to bring more than 1 companion to fill out empty slots in Heroic+4 missions and FP's.
    * Expand the personal story-line all the way down from level 1 to the max level.

I have more, but if the above is added I'd definitely re-sub for a couple of months at least.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Well, I've never stopped my monthly fee, and am not about to stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Here's my list:

* Re-design the character models to look less comical and more realistic. well... /scratch... yeah never gonna happen
    * Much more companion banter & interaction in cut-scenes. Do you mean in flashpoints or more interactions during your class story?
    * Customizable companion tactics (Dragon Age) Too much effort only for H4 quests.
    * Fully customizable companions (talents and what not) Too much effort only for H4 quests + companions with the right equip are overpowered with the content you can take them with you.
    * Allow me to bring more than 1 companion to fill out empty slots in Heroic+4 missions and FP's. It's good to have some quests which require at least another player... why play a multiplayer game at all otherwise.
    * Expand the personal story-line all the way down from level 1 to the max level. It currently is?

I have more, but if the above is added I'd definitely re-sub for a couple of months at least.
    Maybe you just want to play Kotor/ DA at least once more... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    Maybe you just want to play Kotor/ DA at least once more... ?
    Maybe You won't try to look so smart and instead try to understand that Kotor fans want KOTOR3, not Wow-like MMO. Me and most of my friends play swtor only for story and companions and we give zero **** about Flashpoints, raid and pvp (Yes we do it but for story and fun, no some shit pve gear and endless Gearing Routin). Stupid? Yeah. But we don't have another option to dive into universe we like.
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2012-12-23 at 12:35 PM.

Feature rich rwz. Something on the level of MOBA games. One can dream right

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Maybe You won't try to look so smart and instead try to understand that Kotor fans want KOTOR3, not Wow-like MMO. Me and most of my friends play swtor only for story and companions and we give zero **** about Flashpoints, raid and pvp. Stupid? Yeah. But we don't have another option to dive into universe we like.
    Flashpoints and Raids are just as much part of the story as everything else, hence that's why Bioware introduced "Story-mode". However why I made the Kotor/DA remark was simply because these features are more suited for a single player game (as DA/ Kotor are).

Deleted
    I never even bought the game lol, never appealed to me...

Bioware handing over management to a new company.

There're a lot of things that are good about SWTOR, and Bioware are solid designers, but they make a mess of every element of the actual ongoing running & operation.

If they stuck to making a product & let someone else handle the service side of the operation, then possibly SWTOR could live up to its potential.