Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    As much as I would love more Metal Gear games I think it would be better off being left alone after this. Konami has enough other investments to keep itself afloat without MGS. The series would be a shell of it's former self without Kojima.
    100% agreed. I really dont know where they even wann atake then story after TPP. There is nothing left to tell...MGS4 hinted a pretty dytropian age so...

Quote Originally Posted by Weischbier View Post
    I agree, but thats how it goes.
    I already sniff a little going mainstream in the way they went "open world".
    "Open World" games are on every corner and cash good. But that is OT.

I really can't imagine where they wanna take the franchise after Kojima leaves.
    He said himself that this game will wrap up the story pretty much. So what is there left to tell?
    They'll come up with yet another twist? OR will they introduce another type of enemy? Or maybe reboot they series from the very first MGS?

I'd love to see HD remakes for the PS4 as they did for PS3, let me rephrase that; make it compatible with PS4.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/koj.../1100-6428811/

Shit just got real...

Aside from gutting Snake's story, Raiden is completely untouched and a blank slate apart from MGR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    Aside from gutting Snake's story, Raiden is completely untouched and a blank slate apart from MGR
    Excepts MGS2, which was over 90 % about Raiden and his background.

Quote Originally Posted by David Coppershield View Post
    Excepts MGS2, which was over 90 % about Raiden and his background.

even if it explained his existence, the overall situation was surrounded around Snake and shadow moses, can't really say it was a "game" for Raiden specifically

Honestly, even then, Snake's presence, even by name / association to other characters, completely overwhelms Raiden's presence, it's like comparing a elephant to a chimp
    Last edited by Shink; 2015-07-17 at 07:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    even if it explained his existence, the overall situation was surrounded around Snake and shadow moses, can't really say it was a "game" for Raiden specifically

Honestly, even then, Snake's presence, even by name / association to other characters, completely overwhelms Raiden's presence, it's like comparing a elephant to a chimp
    Whatever your personal opinions about it may be won't change the fact that it was a game about Raiden and provided huge amounts of Raiden's backstory. The fact that you missed it tells more about you than the game not being about Raiden.

Also you could milk information about Raiden's personal relationships and recent events in his life by calling your contacts and talking to them over the course of the game. I doubt you even played MGS2.
    Last edited by mmocf0c1a2ac32; 2015-07-17 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyoftheforest View Post
    There is nothing left except for maybe a remake of 1 and 2. Im not into raiden's story so wouldn't buy those kinds of games.

I have asked myself how to handle Konami's disgusting treatment of Kojima. A boycot is an option, but as someone who's too curious about the magnus opum of Kojima I'm inclined to just buy the game and never look back. With MGSV the franchise will end on such a high end that Konami will never be able to mimic a similar success without kojiima at the helm. I'm also hoping to see Hideo go independent and give us more of his creations. A kickstarter is one option, but it also might be possible for him to stay in the range of high value game development.

And some more trailer analysis from Yongyea (16-07-2015)
    I'm in the same boat. I don't want to give Konami any of my money. Ever. But this game looks too good to pass up. And yeah its the last legit Metal gear. /snuffle.

Whatever your personal opinions about it may be won't change the fact that it was a game about Raiden and provided huge amounts of Raiden's backstory. The fact that you missed it tells more about you than the game not being about Raiden.

Also you could milk information about Raiden's personal relationships and recent events in his life by calling your contacts and talking to them over the course of the game. I doubt you even played MGS2.

What? oh wait, don't respond, you'd probably just say nothing again worth responding to.

There were talks about remaking Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 with the new FOX Engine. Without Kojima I still think it could be done well since it's a remake, but Konami might redo Kojima's features out of spite. It all depends greatly who will fill his shoes, how much freedom will he get and how loyal will he be to Kojima's point of view.
    Honestly, this was my expectation the moment they cast a new voice for Big Boss. I thought they were setting up getting people familiar with the new voice and then bring Hayter in for Solid Snake vs Big Boss in a remake of Metal Gear & Snake's Revenge story.

Bringing the entire timeline full circle would have been a nice way to close out the series, maybe an ultimate collector's edition putting all games on one system.

haven't been this excited for a game title for a long time. Sept can't come soon enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gosh i only played (and mostly beaten) MGS1 and only played parts of mgs 3 (idk why couldnt get much used to the 3d environments and stealth, im a bit more used to thief or dishonored, guess i'll have to beat mgs cuz V is quite tempting...

BTW some interesting stuff from MGS Ground Zeroes (about kojima leaving konami):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuCzWJ-_SK4
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Gosh i only played (and mostly beaten) MGS1 and only played parts of mgs 3 (idk why couldnt get much used to the 3d environments and stealth, im a bit more used to thief or dishonored, guess i'll have to beat mgs cuz V is quite tempting...
    Im not sure you will enjoy MGSV. It's entirely different than MGS1 and MGSV is in a 3D environment. I recommend you try MGS: Ground Zeroes first before you buy Phantom Pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    thing is i still have to get used to mgs3, something just puts me off, maybe i'll just play through it on october when im over with college.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Well, 2 and 3 have odd controls in my opinion. I never got used to the Aim (light square push) and fire (hard square push).
    If you could remap the controls that would have been awesome. I love the Ground Zeros controls. They are similar to FPS controls but still different enough.

But if you want to play it for the story, then there are the "movies".
    I'll link them in their chronologically order.

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops...we don't talk about that.

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Ground Zeros:

TPP would be here.

Metal Gear

Metal Gear 2

Metal Gear Solid

Metal Gear Solid: Sons of Liberty

Metal Gear Solid: Guns of the Patriots

As you can see they're quite long. So if you're up for that, you can sink some time in watching them.
    Last edited by Weischbier; 2015-07-27 at 09:02 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    @Weischbier
    I think Metal Gear (NES) and Metal Gear 3 Solid Snake (NES) takes place after Phantom Pain and before Metal Gear Solid (Playstation 1) Basically the NES games is where you confront Big Boss as a young Solid Snake.

@Weischbier
    I think Metal Gear (NES) and Metal Gear 3 Solid Snake (NES) takes place after Phantom Pain and before Metal Gear Solid (Playstation 1) Basically the NES games is where you confront Big Boss as a young Solid Snake.
    Totally correct. Fixed it

7+ Year Old Account
    One map of Phantom Pain's playing grounds has been leaked! The map below
    is Afghanistan and looks massive. It's one of three locations, the other one being
    Africa. The third is still unknown or it could be Motherbase.

I'm pretty confident the scale of the locations will be quality and not be fillers like we see in Fallout.

Deleted
    One map of Phantom Pain's playing grounds has been leaked! The map below
    is Afghanistan and looks massive. It's one of three locations, the other one being
    Africa. The third is still unknown or it could be Motherbase.

I'm pretty confident the scale of the locations will be quality and not be fillers like we see in Fallout.
    I really don't see why people think it's necessary to prove them being a fan by bashing other games.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really don't see why people think it's necessary to prove them being a fan by bashing other games.
    I really don't see why people think it's necessary to be overly sensitive when they read other peoples opinions. And it's hardly bashing since 'fillers' is a common element used in games. Fallout is no exception.

I really don't see why people think it's necessary to be overly sensitive when they read other peoples opinions. And it's hardly bashing since 'fillers' is a common element used in games. Fallout is no exception.
    Just don't talk to him.

Into the last month of waiting. Hoping this month goes quick. I am so excited for this game

Heres a vid of the actress/model that is the face and body of the new sniper buddy quiet. Shes gorgeous and sneaking around kojima productions interviewing people on the 3D modelling. Pretty cool even if its a bit cheesy. And omg this chick is a heart breaker.