Poll: Do you mod?

Thread: Do you mod?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Hell yes i mod, Stainless Steel, Third Age, Roma Surrectum 1&2 for the Total War games.

Skyrim, shit ton off mods there.

Mods really do make games 100 times better and make the games have a much bigger lifespan.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Hmm, might have to find some mods for Total War series for my husband. He loves Shogun 2 and Empire, and has all the rest.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Deleted
    Sometimes, not always. Always small mods that enhance things for me rather than majorly change it and I usually play quite a few hours on it without even looking at the modding community. In fact, in the last year, the only games I've used mods for are actually Skyrim and TL2 both of which have very large and active modding communities.

Deleted
    Modding Bethesda games is pretty standard and even encouraged by Bethesda.

So yeah, I like to mod the Fallout/Elder scrolls series.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post
    Modding Bethesda games is pretty standard and even encouraged by Bethesda.

So yeah, I like to mod the Fallout/Elder scrolls series.
    "We can't be arsed to finish our games, you do it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    "We can't be arsed to finish our games, you do it."
    I wouldn't put it like that, sure their games tend to be buggy, but the bang for your buck is second to none with their singleplayer games.

Skyrim is an amazing game whichever way you look at it, what other game can you spend 400+ hours on (and that's without DLC) and still discover new dungeons/mini stories.

The modding community is pretty amazing too, there are mods made by genuine professionals which add hours of new content which is completely free.

Deleted
    Skyrim is an amazing game whichever way you look at it, what other game can you spend 400+ hours on (and that's without DLC) and still discover new dungeons/mini stories.
    That is one of the things is dislike about BF3, they killed of the mod community from the previous games to increase their sales on DLC by not releasing a development kit for frostbite 2.

Its pretty much all i did while playing CS back in the day, spent more time in 3dsmax and milkshape than i did in game. Nowadays i use mods on fallout and star wars battlefront.

Back in the sims/the sims 2 days... lol. and skyrim.

Yes, currently playing Fallout: New Vegas and Skyrim with tons of mods.
    ——————▲—————▲———
    ————————————————
    ———▼—————▼——————
    —Ⓐ—————Ⓐ————————

10+ Year Old Account
    I only mod what needs to be modded. Like Skyrim, I only have a few mods. WoW's basic UI is terrible so I've heavily modded that with addons. But I prefer to stay native as much as possible.

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 11:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Back in the sims/the sims 2 days... lol. and skyrim.
    Heh I remember the old The Sims. I had the Transmogrifier and I'd make new items or new skins. I wasn't very good at it but hey, it was fun.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't put it like that, sure their games tend to be buggy, but the bang for your buck is second to none with their singleplayer games.
    ... Because of mods. I can't speak for the TES series since I've never really enjoyed those games, but Fallout 3 is complete trash without extensive modding. New Vegas at least has a proper Fallout plot and setting.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

It can really add to the game once you beat it and can keep a truly great game playable for alot longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't like modding my games. I suppose it comes from growing up a console gamer. The only time I "mod" is in WoW, but I'd hardly consider that modding since it's UI changes and doesn't actually effect the game world in any way.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on the game/mod.
    I modded the hell out of GTA 4
    And I plan to use a bunch of mods in Skyrim once I beat it.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oblivion taught me that mods are necessary. I hated Oblivion, with it's boring story and lackluster combat. Then I got mods, and it turned around entirely for me.

So yes, I modded Skyrim almost right away (had to wait for modders to find ways to get stuff integrated without the CK).

I mod instantly if:
    -it corrects bugs
    -improves ui
    -improves visuals
    -improves gameplay - without making the game less challenging (possibly even making it more so)

I don't really use mods that change the core experience until I have beaten the game, and even then only maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Oblivion taught me that mods are necessary. I hated Oblivion, with it's boring story and lackluster combat. Then I got mods, and it turned around entirely for me.

So yes, I modded Skyrim almost right away (had to wait for modders to find ways to get stuff integrated without the CK).
    Heh, I was wanting to replay Oblivion and there are so many freaking mods and the modding scene revolves around so much crap (do I really NEED Python? Really?) tha it just turned me off. Maybe I'll try again and just use the one mod (OOO) and visual/UI stuff. Seems like too much work to use the big mega-mod thing everyone talks about.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I do, though only for certain games and almost always after beating the game without them.