Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    You do realize that each of those fights except Garalon has different phases right?
    Hey, on Heroic, he has two phases.

I think it's got to be the combination of putting Garalon and Ambershaper in the middle instance, with gating. The two most difficult encounters, both with whacked out mechanics and one with a harsh (initially) dps check, gating 5 or 6 more encounters that are way, way easier is just horrible design. Progression should get more difficult as you near the end of the tier; instead we have guilds stuck at either garalon or amber shaper and then, as soon as amber shaper is down, they go 16/16 normal. I believe in total, after finally getting through the 9th and 11th bosses in a 16 boss tier, we spent 20 attempts to down the remaining 5 bosses. More than a little anticlimactic, though I'm hoping that there will be some more interesting challenges in the remaining heroic modes.

I really don't like Lei Shi. Mainly because of the random ability changes, while it keeps thing fresh. It gets really annoying.

Deleted
    Sha of fear is number one, the design isn't that interesting to start with and the length just makes it horrible.

As a healer I'd put garalon after this, "one" (hc doesn't change that much) phase, constantly shouting at people that they are out of range combined with the mechanics being a bit clunky/not working properly (e.g. switching phermones/the circles) is awful.

As a dps, Lei-shi. Having to think about when to pop your cds was a bit interesting, for about 15 minutes. The shield every 20% and random abilities on a (slightly) random timer is just insanely annoying after that point (and makes the dps very rngish purely because you might need to hold your cds for quite some time).

Overall I really like this tier though (most of msv and a few fights in HoF are amazing) and if the next tier don't give me anything worse than the 3 above I'll be very happy.

I think people will come around to Sha a bit more after experiencing heroic. Definitely a fight that needed an extra phase. Normal mode just feels like half a boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Is it because the fight takes

*puts on glasses*

Tsulong?

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    I laughed way too hard at this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    Heroic Will

For me, it has be in each instance, Lei Shi, Garalon, and Will (funny being the strength guy, no dancing at all!)

I don't know why people would hate Lei Shi the most, she's dull as mud, but my god is she easy. At least you barely have to think about the encounter when you're doing it.

I vote Sha of Fear - repetitive and dull to the bitter end with just enough going on that you can't fall asleep during the encounter.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Lei Shi and Stone Guards, only encounter even worse than those was Faction Champions. I don't remember having ever figured out how to do that encounter, even during cata at lvl 85 it was near impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgosh View Post
    I think it's got to be the combination of putting Garalon and Ambershaper in the middle instance, with gating. The two most difficult encounters, both with whacked out mechanics and one with a harsh (initially) dps check, gating 5 or 6 more encounters that are way, way easier is just horrible design. Progression should get more difficult as you near the end of the tier; instead we have guilds stuck at either garalon or amber shaper and then, as soon as amber shaper is down, they go 16/16 normal. I believe in total, after finally getting through the 9th and 11th bosses in a 16 boss tier, we spent 20 attempts to down the remaining 5 bosses. More than a little anticlimactic, though I'm hoping that there will be some more interesting challenges in the remaining heroic modes.
    Amber shaper is only "hard" if you have to carry people who can't be bothered to learn 4 new buttons. For my guild it was one of the easier fights to be honest. Empress was definitely harder and we had a lot of trouble with Garalon at the start.

Terrace is definitely a lot easier than the last 4 bosses in heart of fear. Even the sha is easy, the only difficulty is meeting the dps check.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I don't know why people would hate Lei Shi the most, she's dull as mud, but my god is she easy. At least you barely have to think about the encounter when you're doing it.

I vote Sha of Fear - repetitive and dull to the bitter end with just enough going on that you can't fall asleep during the encounter.
    She's annoying for the fact that she hides alot which as a dps isnt very fun and for the fact that as a tank i feel that managing the ads can very often be super messy due to them spawning randomly and increasing in amounts each time a pack spawns. Dont know if other tanks feels the same but i can fully agree on both points for why Lei Shi is the worst boss of the tier.
    And a quick fix for Sha would be to cut ~30% of the fight away (hp reduce on sha basicly) and reduce the enrage timer. Overall the fight wouldnt change much at all apart from it being far less boring / repetetive and thus way better than in the current state.
    This fix of cutting boss hp, and maybe thrash hp, would also do good in LFR since everything is mostly only a tank and spank there.

Stone Guard. Way too chaotic and a huge wall for most casual guilds for the first boss of an entry-level raid; same mistake they made in T11.

Deleted
    I like Lei Shi! But then I suppose I'm advantaged as I play a Druid and have lots of AoE options.

I don't really like Sha of Anger, it's easy enough, but I just don't find it enjoyable. I preferred having my weekly PuG kills ranched up in VoA/BH.

Deleted
    Garalon... well it could be fun, but not as Arms warrior, kiting pheromones, eating cleave, killing legs, swapping stances etc.. Feels like i have to everything but not properly anything.

From a healing perspective, H Sha of Fear. It's long (15-16m) and tedious. Progression on that fight was really annoying because of how long each attempt took (especially when we wiped a few times at sub 10%). There is also a bit of RNG involved in P2, which is never something I look forward to in any fight.

Lei Shi is complete shit. If she hides, some classes literally can go afk, and she tends to ruin your CDs.
    Sha is just boring as hell.

Overall I'm pretty happy with this raid tier, though.

Lei Shi, I pretty much liked every other fight.

Lei Shi. I hate that fight.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...amutx/advanced

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Sometimes those opinions are wrong though." Daxxarri