Deleted

Looking for a laptop in the sales

Hey guys so im looking for a laptop in the sales, and the guy i normally ask these pc related questions says he know nothing about laptops so im looking for a bit of help here. First up the one im looking at and is roughly at the top end of my price range:

pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pavilion-g6-2230sa-15-6-laptop-ruby-red-17419991-pdt.html

so was wondering what you thought and how it matched up to my current pc (which i s more than due an upgrade but im in need of something more portable right now hence the laptop)

My pc atm has :

AMD Athlon II x4 2.4ghz
    ATI Radeon HD 5450 1gb (i believe)
    4gb DDR3 RAM

not sure on the rest atm but im pretty sure these are the important parts

So how do these compare/ how good is the laptop, bearing in mind i dont really play demanding pc games the highest end ones i have are most likely diablo 3 and batman arkham city.

Thanks alot guys and merry christmas
    Last edited by mmoc0877f34150; 2012-12-25 at 04:23 PM.

Deleted
    That laptop, for it's money is a lot worse then your PC. You would struggle to run the 2 games you mentioned in there at a constant FPS.

If you are looking for a decent performing laptop, you want to be looking around the 700-800 quid mark. Laptops below that often come with shoddy gpus/chipsets such as the Intel HD series.

Try shopping around the refurbished market OR upgrading your desktop would be my best recommendation, but even then, expect to pay upwards of 500 quid for anything remotely decent in terms of GPU on a laptop. not to mention last time I checked, Arkham city was quiet a taxing game.

Deleted
    http://3xs.scan.co.uk/ShowSystem.asp?SystemID=1459 entry level gaming laptop , screen resolution wouldn't be my choice. (but just me being picky about wanting 1080p)
    main factors to look for are dedicated GPU and likely AMD CPU for the games the OP mentioned due to blizzard games favoring intel/nvidia for performance.