Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokot View Post
    My friend was bragging about it (roccat kave). I came over to his house to hear what the fuzz was all about and witnessed a horrendous build quality and sound quality super-overpriced headset. I really tried to not be judgemental about it but apparently the look of disgust on my face was so intense the poor guy never ever tried bragging about anything to me again. And I'm not even that elitist when it comes to sound. It was like 4 years and I still feel bad about it . Let him try my Hd25-1 II though.
    It was aweful really, the right ear on mine snapped after a few months of use (i kind of "fixed" it myself as i couldn't be arsed to buy another headset right away) simply because of putting it down on that ear on my desk after i worn it a while.
    That little dock that's attached to the main cord (which i never even used) was annoying as hell, i can't even remember how many times that took a dive to the floor.
    As said, it was heavy as hell & really uncomfortable to wear for extended periods of time.

Soundquality wise, to me, it's hard to say as i never really had any decent headphones to compare it to, i've only ever had gaming headsets before and compared to those it was quite okay for me anyway.
    I didn't really start to get into the whole sound appreciation thing until after i bought an amp & a good set of speakers for my tv and i developed tinnitus (not due to hearing problems but neckissues).
    Next item on the list is a decent soundcard to compliment the Sennheisers a bit more.

Deleted
    All I can say is going from a Logitech G35 to a Sennheiser HD 558, I'm never ever going back to "gaming" headsets, ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    All I can say is going from a Logitech G35 to a Sennheiser HD 558, I'm never ever going back to "gaming" headsets, ever.
    Only benefit of gaming headsets is the mic attached. What microphone do you use in combination with that HD558?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Only benefit of gaming headsets is the mic attached. What microphone do you use in combination with that HD558?
    Some cheap Logitech desktop mic I picked up in a local store. Works just as good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I'm a huge fan of the Turtle Beach line of headsets! Well worth looking into.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    X2 on not getting a headset.

Getting an entry level audiophile pair of headphones and a desktop or clip on mic is the best you can get sub £100

Deleted
    Just got the Tiamat 7.1 for christmas, would recommend if you have the coin to spare.

The Creative Aurvana Live Headphones are fantastic. Powered by the Denon drivers and ultra comfort. In the 60-100 dollar ballpark if you shop around.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    Me too, went from the G35 to 558 and I feel the same way. Got a AntLion Modmic to go with mine.