Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks GC is being WAY TO ARROGANT when answering tweets? He never really answers the questions either.
    I mean, this is the lead designer of the game, and as we know, hes not doing a very good job. He could be polite atleast.
    A few examples, and thats only from the last ones:

Q: Tweetered you a few days ago, (not nagging but...) please take another look at combustion, it's hardly worth casting anymore.
    A: Off the GCD + free damage... hmmm.
    To be fair -- if someone had used the phrase, "Tweetered you" in a dead serious manner, I would have responded the same way, if not way worse.

GC isn't doing anything wrong there.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I like how many of these questions are actually arrogant, impolite, disrespectful and even outright insulting... Yet, he keeps his cool, and even answers at all.
    I repeat my question.... Those arrogant questions and arrogant answer are REALLY fruit of arrogance or the forced brevity of Twitter make them sound like that?
    Limit of characters make all sound like "I don't have time to spend with the likes of you", when the questions are as complex as those about developing WoW.

I insist the major error is in using twitter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    How is that arrogant may I ask? stupid people asking stupid questions get stupid replies from the way I see it.
    And on that note, why is arrogance considered a "bad" quality?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    GC answers most the questions correctly. But if you make a mistake yourself and are to stupid to realize and instead of looking/ searching yourself for the mistake firstly you go and whine. You cant expect a "nice" answer can you?

Deleted
    i like GCs arrogance. i like his honest answers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't you guys heard it's cool to hate Blizzard? Seriously, you read too much into what they say and twist it to match your warped view.

Am I the only one who thinks GC is being WAY TO ARROGANT when answering tweets? He never really answers the questions either.
    Well, it would seem to me the honest questions got honest answers and the snarky questions go snarky answers. It's a game chat, not the customer service counter at some snotty boutique in NY. Personally, I don't mind Greg Street, and I think alot of people are perfectly content with the way the game is going. I think folks who have issues are just unhappy with Change, prefer to live in nostalgia, or may be getting bored with WoW after all these years. It is usually easier to blame others rather than taking an honest look at something without bias or judgement.

I'm hardly a GC fanboy, but I am not going to blame Greg for everything people might THINK is wrong with the game. Honestly, the only TWO things that really should be examined is Botting in Arenas and BGs and fixing CRZ with 2+ person mounts. Everything else is working as intended and I still love this game after 7 years. I refuse to blame one person for the direction an entire company takes. And good for him for getting snarky with smartasses. GC is a person too and should be allowed to act like a human being once in awhile. You don't want a snarky response? Don't ask a snarky question.

Deleted
    Try do his job and be a ray of sunshine 24/7.
    He has to deal with absolute cunts everyday;
    "OMFG gc qiet ur jehb u fkn sux man buff ret"
    "u pleh aaa maeg iz y u bff dem qiet ur jehb"

Imagine working in retail for example and having EVERY customer that you have in that one day saying;
    "You're shit at scanning items and putting them in a bag, quit your job"

It's going to piss you off.

Don't like it? Apply for his position with your qualifications.

Deleted
    @op nothing new here, he's always been like that and will stay that way until he's fired.
    Not that that will happen any time soon since I suspect his tone is perfectly in line with the modern Blizzard attitude.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gurv View Post
    @op nothing new here, he's always been like that and will stay that way until he's fired.
    Not that that will happen any time soon since I suspect his tone is perfectly in line with the modern Blizzard attitude.
    Pah. You try his job.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    And on that note, why is arrogance considered a "bad" quality?

Because arrogance is avoidable. You can be better than someone, you can know you're better than someone, but there's no need to let them know you know it.

I also consider it a fairly childish quality. Displaying a lack of empathy in favor of peacocking.

Do you, or why do you, think it isn't a bad quality?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, this is the lead designer of the game, and as we know, hes not doing a very good job. He could be polite atleast.
    A few examples, and thats only from the last ones:

Q: Tweetered you a few days ago, (not nagging but...) please take another look at combustion, it's hardly worth casting anymore.

Q: I enjoy being kiled in 2 sec on my ret paladin,ty for the nerfs they were needed, rets was completely out of control in pvp...
    A: You probably lost 20% max on heals. Was that really what was keeping you alive?

Q: I did 10 million less damage this week on H Will from chaos wave. Is there anything to compensate this nerf for PVE?
    A: Just curious - why didn't you use Hand of Gul'dan in those instances?

Q: Would it be possible to see a class balance Q&A soon, kind of like you guys did in Cataclysm?
    A: You mean with user questions like the Cover it Live or Reddit we did? Would be fun.

Q: Random chance at PvP rewards when winning arena matches/BGs (maybe scaled based on MMR) could be interesting.
    A: Yeah, would just need to avoid making botting more attractive.

One of my favorites:

Q: Burst in pvp was stupid, 5.1 added more pvp power but not extra resil. Please do us all a favor and quit your job, ty.
    A: You guys would just beat on whoever replaced me until someone said: Things were better in the GC era.
    The most arrogant thing said here was one of the questions asked by the customer.

15+ Year Old Account

i agree this one is arrogant, the guy even says "not nagging"....and GC gives him a smartass answer......

also lol how is combustion free dmg? its our major cooldown, and it does suck right now tbh...

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    I repeat my question.... Those arrogant questions and arrogant answer are REALLY fruit of arrogance or the forced brevity of Twitter make them sound like that?
    Limit of characters make all sound like "I don't have time to spend with the likes of you", when the questions are as complex as those about developing WoW.

I insist the major error is in using twitter.
    It is the error of the people asking questions, not Blizzard. Anyone using Twitter knows its limitations and intent. So by asking a question where you expect a huge long answer....then it is your fault. You know you are going to get a short response.

Blizz created the Twitter account for giving quick short answers to questions. Works just fine. People need to stop interpreting short Twitter responses as "arrogance". If you can't help it, then maybe you should stop using Twitter until you learn to control yourselves. Don't ruin it for the rest of the world that uses it appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Ha. Implying there is something wrong with the new attitude?

As a player of their games I am quite happy that they don't respond all "Yes, you're a customer and therefore always right!" to some of the fucktards that inhabit the internet.
    Mhm.

I absolutely love GC.

He's basically like this:

Oh hey, nice question, but here's why you're wrong.

And it's hilarious everytime because all of his responses are logical and smart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by romara View Post
    I think they do more damage answering questions than they do if they just ignore them. Their community relations hurt them more than help imo. They are one of the reasons I don't give Blizzard my $$.
    QFT, it doesn't bring anything to the game.
    If think this kind of interaction is not a good way to base game design decisions on (and they probably aren't doing it anyway).
    Game metrics and unsub forms are way more reliable IMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gurv View Post
    QFT, it doesn't bring anything to the game.
    If think this kind of interaction is not a good way to base game design decisions on (and they probably aren't doing it anyway).
    Game metrics and unsub forms are way more reliable IMO.
    You're an idiot. Look at what happened to Rift, the game became ruined due to the devs listening to the community too much.

He's doing it right.

Keep it civil please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-12-26 at 04:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Ha. Implying there is something wrong with the new attitude?

As a player of their games I am quite happy that they don't respond all "Yes, you're a customer and therefore always right!" to some of the fucktards that inhabit the internet.
    They don't have to say yes to every question they are asked.
    But making answers like they are doing right now... I'd rather they don't answer at all.

Also they didn't interact with the community years ago, yet they designed way better games (for the time) than they are doing now.
    So it's a pure waste of time IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think GC does as well as one could under the circumstances. WoW (in my opinion) isn't and never has been a game with fundamental flaws that Blizzard has tried to defend with anything regularly approaching arrogance. what really worries me about Blizzard's overall direction is the Diablo III fiasco. Diablo III has fundamental flaws that have seemingly been blindly defended by the devs (the game is more about farming for gold to buy items rather than farming for the items themselves).