Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Yeah. The problems with prostitution that currently exist are largely due to it being illegal. In any case, it being illegal isn't going to stop it from happening.
    Uuuh.. okay. Can't argue with people if we're not operating on the same moral standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Otherwise, why is the landlord - a third party - automatically supposed to reduce his rent for her for NO REASON other than the fact that she lost her parents?
    Do as you would be done by!

It´s as simple as that. If you really need to be stabbed in your back just to realize you don´t want to be stabbed in your back, you can´t be considered intelligent.

Douchebag of the year award goes to your brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Melt View Post

It´s as simple as that. If you really need to be stabbed in your back just to realize you don´t want to be stabbed in your back, you can´t be considered intelligent.
    You can't really strive in a free market by giving people 60% off their rent for no personal gain at all that is just illogical

Quote Originally Posted by Guilu View Post
    Uuuh.. okay. Can't argue with people if we're not operating on the same moral standards.
    I guess you're one of those people that thinks drugs being illegal is a good thing right?

Do you donate 60% of your income to people in need?
    Didn't think so.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP's brother is a total jerk.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Mentally scarring a young woman for life who just lost her parents to get his rocks off? Sorry but If i knew your brother he would meet the wrong end of a aluminium bat on his way to his car in the morning for work. I wouldnt put it past the younger brother to lash out and do something stupid if he finds out.

I would think giving money away for free, especially in this economy, would be the first sign of not being intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    You make it sound evil.

What if the arrangement were that the ADULT woman do yard work, clean his house, do his laundry, wash his car in exchange for lower rent?

Maybe she wouldn't want to do that either.

Why is it that "sex" is held up to such a holy special thing?
    In this situation she feels helpless. Her parents are recently deceased. her and her little brother really need a place to stay. She is vulnerable and really needs help and has no one to turn to. If she were not in this situation i assume she would not be the type to be loose with her sexuality (it was stated that she is normally a "good girl" in the OP) She gave up school so she has more time to work to provide for her and her little brother who is still in school and has upkeep that she can hardly afford.

The landlord could have just asked her to do things around the apartment building to earn her keep. But instead he decided to feed his lust and ask her to do something she typically wouldn't do. Since she is weak right now and has no where to turn, she accepted since she has to take care of her little brother.

She obviously can't afford to move elsewhere or she prolly would have. It has been stated that she feels quite awkward around him and can't look him in the face, so she is obviously ashamed of what she is doing.

Proposing this sort of arrangement, you generally have to go into it knowing it will work. This is not something you just take a shot at and see if she is willing to give it up for a rent discount.

I vote she was taken advantage of and regrets it each time she has to service him.

And for the record since someone mentioned it. As a man, I would not sleep with a 300 pound woman for a discount on rent. I would rather live in a shelter for a few weeks while i find somewhere else to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    I didn't say that is what she wants. I said she is an adult who made a conscious decision to have her rent reduced by having sex with her land lord.

If she had no money, how would she be living there in the first place?

The adult women is a prostitute and the land lord is a "john". Nothing more to this story.
    Cut this "want" - word out of your dictionary. There´s no use for it. And this is not about her liking it or not. This is about you claiming the landlord being right to abuse her simply because he got the opportunity to do so. Which is a horrible premise to live by. Again, i simply have to assume that you have never been in a "oh, i´m fucked" situation and i´m really happy for you.

In this situation both parties lose. The landlord learns how to abuse power and the girl loses a lot of selfrespect and trust to people.

We simply have to look at what situation would have been better. The current where he forces her to sell her body or the alternative of him being polite and simply asking her to help out in the house. And i can´t see people arguing latter is the worse option.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I guess you're one of those people that thinks drugs being illegal is a good thing right?
    Some should be illegal, some shouldn't.

Deleted
    While the brother may be an asshole,that's all there is to it.
    The girl is in a difficult situation but she's still an adult,she makes her own decisions and she decided to become a prostitute,it's as simple as that.

So what it's a crime to offer money to poor people for something in return because they ''can't'' refuse?
    Last edited by mmocba4f7a59a4; 2012-12-27 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    While the brother may be an asshole,that's all there is to it.
    The girl is in a difficult situation but she's still an adult,she makes her own decisions and she decided to become a prostitute,it's as simple as that.
    Quoted for truth.

Its as basic as that

I would think giving money away for free, especially in this economy, would be the first sign of not being intelligent.
    Possession of money doesn´t benefit you.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ew, I would be like, peace out, you fat. You have more tit than me. Bai.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you are a proper person you should stop him.

Really, what he is doing is plain wrong. Is what bad people do, to take advantage of people with problems. Is not like she's doing some kind of work for him, that would be cool! He's just considering that she'll do anything for money. It's true that she could say no... but that's another story.

This creeps me out, I want to believe in some kind of Karma stuff for this situations, dunno, I just find it terribly wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I'd rather prosecute people for owning the stuff than for the stupid stuff they're going to do when they're high - because that's going to include hurting others. If you could guarantee me that they're going to be harmless, then fine. Also, addiction is another issue we have to handle, because you know the producers will exploit it to sell more of their crap; just like they do with cigarettes today.
    I'm not knowledgeable enough about drugs anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time is Money, He could have had her invest her time fixing up the place. This would have been my first option. But then again i don't have troubles meeting women and am fairly attractive with a good job.

Reason i quoted the above though is that there are people who have money enough to spare. Would they be stupid to give to someone such as an 18 year old who had a bright future and a 6th grade little boy a discounted place to live without asking for anything in return except for them to continue making a better future for themselves?

What is wrong with emotional payment, why would gratitude and appreciation not be enough to a person who has the means to support them for a bit? They must be soft/weak/dumb to just be a nice person in these terrible economic times. Do you really think the best idea is for people to be as selfish as possible when there are those far less fortunate who really have no options?

Eh, call me a hippie, but i'm not all about the selfish greed deal.

Deleted
    Okay. So for the girl. While, morally, your brother is the bad guy, the girl wasn't forced into the agreement. An offer was made, and the fact that she would have more money became apparent to her. I know, I know, the girl is just trying to get buy and look after her brother, but at the end of the day, she always had a choice. It's not like he actually threatened to kick her out if she didn't sleep with him is it? She was given an opportunity to save extra money and took it. While she might not like it, she's a consenting adult.
    But I do have to agree with many of the other posters. Your brother obviously has a twisted moral compass. Talk to your brother and try to make him see sense about the whole situation. If that doesn't work, the only other option is for you to help this young woman find another place to live. I don't know how your goverment works, but where I live there are systems in place for things like this; council housing, benefits, etc.