Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykaywhy View Post
    Pretty sure BHO never called for an outright ban of all guns. If anything, the only thing he's advocated against are assault rifles.
    Never let reality get in the way of a good wharblegharble.

Violence is a product of a society griped in fear by everything around them. The US breeds fear like nothing else and two decades of fear is having its repercussions. We teach our citizens to fear one another and that everyone is out to do something terrible to them so they respond in a fearfulway. The teaching of adults to follow their dreams and do as they wish instead of taking responsibility for their children is also ruining this country. The lack of personal responsibility generally is a major issue in this country. We are taught to find someone else to blame for every problem instead of studying ourselves first. Child acts up, its got to be a problem that can be fixed with pills, not parenting. Media spends all its time pumping the idea of have fun, go out live it up, espeically the adult class. The idea of Cougars, and young wives, and starting again instead of focus of family and children. Its beyond guns and more of a problem with how we are being pushed to live. Wanna stop school shootings; pay attention to your children. Also, don't put guns in the house if you have mentally unbalanced kids. My family has always been gun owners. As soon as my father got dementia the first thing we did was REMOVE the guns from the house. Mentally unstable people cannot be trusted with weapons of any kind, especially simple to use ones like guns.

Guns are a small portion of the problem. The problem is society, parenting, media, and fear. Re-vamp those things and we'll see less violence. I just hope the next loon kills a bunch of media or politicians instead of small children. Children are born into our fuck ups and should be the last target. You want change kill someone who can affect change.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Cars aren't made with the sole intent to blow people's brains out.
    The straws you're grasping for are over there.
    Some guns are designed to kill. Some guns are designed for target practice. NO gun is specifically designed as a way to fend of a Rapist. No gun is designed for your 12 year old to defend their self against a home intruder. No gun is designed to save a life, and yet many of them do.

By that account, no car is designed to kill but many of them do. The purpose of the car isn't to decimate the eco system but they do. I guess because it wasn't designed to do that it's ok. Perhaps we need to just decide that guns are designed to Promote Puppies and then the byproduct of them killing won't be an issue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riidii View Post
    What if one of the children is a future President?
    Do you not read any of the other posts? Or do you just ignore the ones that disagree with you?

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 03:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Some guns are designed to kill. Some guns are designed for target practice. NO gun is specifically designed as a way to fend of a Rapist. No gun is designed for your 12 year old to defend their self against a home intruder. No gun is designed to save a life, and yet many of them do.

By that account, no car is designed to kill but many of them do. The purpose of the car isn't to decimate the eco system but they do. I guess because it wasn't designed to do that it's ok. Perhaps we need to just decide that guns are designed to Promote Puppies and then the byproduct of them killing won't be an issue?
    Oh really, please give me a source of a story about how a gun saved a life.
    I'll be right here waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

So you have to have had someone personally affected by this in order to have an opinion?
    Seems legit
    Actually, I have. I've known several rape victims and had a close friend lose a brother to a mugging. Despite the fact that I've not personally lost a family member doesn't mean I don't know or been close to those who have. Further more, are you trying to get at those who have lost people obviously became anti gun. I can give you a pretty damning video to completely beat that claim if you'd like?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir NackDoe View Post
    Lol...you guys are all morons for supporting this. Sarcastically or not.

[Infracted]
    Who's being sarcastic?

It would be pretty hypocritical to try and force policies on the people you're leading if you yourself won't follow them right?
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by LolretKJ View Post
    Do you not read any of the other posts? Or do you just ignore the ones that disagree with you?

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 03:52 PM ----------

Oh really, please give me a source of a story about how a gun saved a life.
    I'll be right here waiting.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/kendra-st-c...ry?id=17524438

Hey buddy, I live in the USA and it so happens I don't either.
    I beg to differ.

Instead of trying to dismiss responsibility by presenting even more unsafe countries, and saying that "it's fine because it could be worse", show some humbleness. Europeans and american gun-control advocates are not some crazed commies trying to get you. They are just trying to beat some sense into you because they know that across the world there are places where restricting gun access has worked before, and that it can't be good to have a country plagued by a right that should be a privilege instead.

Point is: this year there have been several shootings in public places in the USA, and you refuse to do something about it. You refuse to learn with places where there is gun-control and we don't have nearly as many shootings as in the USA. How many more innocent deaths have to happen until you realize that putting more guns into a gun-related problem isn't going to solve anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    What is it with Americans thinking everyone is out to get them and they need to defend themselves...invest in an alarm, deadbolts and a phone you don't need a gun to protect yourself for heavens sakes 0o

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    Hello friends.

We must protect the President, the Vice-President and their families. The only way to do so is to create "Gun Free Zones" around them.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...zones/6RDGkxLK

We no longer should need the Secret Service or other armed guards, once we create these "Gun Free Zones."

Help Protect Barack Hussein Obama by signing this pledge.
    I was about to reply with a F#% YOU! Until actually read the petition. Now all I can do is lol. PERFECT!

10+ Year Old Account

I don't usually see "target practice guns" (Which is just a gun, that you shoot at a target?) killing mass amounts of people. When they do, we'll worry about those.
    Every gun is designed to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    What is it with Americans thinking everyone is out to get them and they need to defend themselves...invest in an alarm, deadbolts and a phone you don't need a gun to protect yourself for heavens sakes 0o
    Watch American news some time, our Media and politicians make a living off making us terrified of our neighbors. They are terrified of what we might do if we all stopped being afraid of each other or stopped hating each other for skin color or sexual orientation. We might realize how little we need them and how much blood they've sucked from us.

Believe guns are what cause these shootings is like believing skin color defines a person or sexuality defines a person or that all abortions are done so people can be whores. Its the gimmick to keep us away from the problem which is the fear mongering and hate that is created by the media and politicians to keep its society docile. What causes these shootings are mentally deranged, medai fed, badly parented people. People cause these issues, people that fall through the cracks, people that believe foolish things.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2012-12-28 at 12:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I have. I've known several rape victims and had a close friend lose a brother to a mugging. Despite the fact that I've not personally lost a family member doesn't mean I don't know or been close to those who have. Further more, are you trying to get at those who have lost people obviously became anti gun. I can give you a pretty damning video to completely beat that claim if you'd like?
    I didn't ask if you have, you made that clear from your last post. But what you did imply was that people talking about it who didn't have someone directly affected "are just posting to feel that warm feeling between their legs". So again, if you don't have someone personally affected by this, you aren't allowed to have an opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Columbine had armed guards.
    http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...aved-lives.htm
    completely correct
    However, I'm assuming this is supposed discredit completely? They also planned around it because they were specifically after certain people to kill. Where as it seems with the Aurora and several others, they were chosen for their lack of defenses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Personal responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    I beg to differ.

Instead of trying to dismiss responsibility by presenting even more unsafe countries, and saying that "it's fine because it could be worse", show some humbleness. Europeans and american gun-control advocates are not some crazed commies trying to get you. They are just trying to beat some sense into you because they know that across the world there are places where restricting gun access has worked before, and that it can't be good to have a country plagued by a right that should be a privilege instead.

Point is: this year there have been several shootings in public places in the USA, and you refuse to do something about it. You refuse to learn with places where there is gun-control and we don't have nearly as many shootings as in the USA. How many more innocent deaths have to happen until you realize that putting more guns into a gun-related problem isn't going to solve anything?

Well lets ask Timothy McVeigh who leveled a building killing 16 children using nothing but some fertilizer, diesel fuel, and a box truck. Or maybe ask those responsible for 9/11. I mean hell they used box cutters and shanks to pull off one of the biggest modern tragedies our country has seen. You know what the response was to both of those? I give you a hint, it involved armed guards and guns. This is how we protect America. Not by letting commie hippie douche bags take everything away.

I don't usually see "target practice guns" (Which is just a gun, that you shoot at a target?) killing mass amounts of people. When they do, we'll worry about those.
    Every gun is designed to kill.
    That comment was directly related to those who don't even live in the USA who so valiantly want to debate their opinions on laws and the going on of the USA without living here. That was pretty clear in the post.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do love how the majority of people who are signing the petition are from the southern part of the USA. Keep it classy, south.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...aved-lives.htm
    completely correct
    However, I'm assuming this is supposed discredit completely? They also planned around it because they were specifically after certain people to kill. Where as it seems with the Aurora and several others, they were chosen for their lack of defenses.
    So the columbine kids planned their shooting around there being armed guards, and adapted and succeeded in their goal?
    Surely no other shooter will ever make this connection.

Hey buddy, I live in the USA and it so happens I don't either. Wanna know what a massacre is? Go look at a day in most of the middle east. Go look at the average death toll per day in India from automotive "accidents." On the scope of things, this whole topic is bullshit kept going by people who have no horse in the race other than the warm feeling between their legs from posting their thoughts on the internet. For some of us, we've actually lost friends, family, and loved ones from violence. Some of us have had people die, and did so in circumstances where by following the law they had ZERO means or chances to defense themselves.
    Fun facts:

Homicide rate (per 100k population)
    United States 4.2
    Palestine 4.1
    India 3.4
    Iran 3.0
    Afghanistan 2.4
    Israel 2.1
    Iraq 2.0

Canada 1.6
    Ireland 1.2
    United Kingdom 1.2
    France 1.1
    China 1.0
    Australia 1.0
    Germany 0.8
    Japan 0.4
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._homicide_rate

I threw in civilised countries down the bottom for comparison.

Infracted
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-12-28 at 01:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.