Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It really depends on the nature of the apocalypse.

If it was something like a nuclear war, then expecting to live long thereafter amongst a pile of radioactive rubble is pretty unlikely. the other problem is that excessive radiation has a tendency to sterilize people, so repopulating would be difficult.

But if it were a plague that wiped out a static X% of the population, that's almost a perfect scenario to re-write society as you please.

kill anything in sight that moves, and i mean anything

Deleted
    I would try to find other survivors and then kill them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    That all depends on what happened and at what time. Say some bombs went off at 3 am and wiped out cities then you would have tons of empty roads. If we had some sort of crazy outbreak or something like that then they would be clogged like in The Walking Dead.

With almost all of my family, friends and ppl I really care about being so far from where I live now, I don't really know if i would want to live through something like this. Luckily I don't have any allergies or medical needs that would be an issue if this were to happen right now. There would certainly be a lot of ppl in some serious trouble once their meds ran out or were forced to eat whatever they could come by.

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 09:41 PM ----------

It was nice of Mary Poppins to let you use her hand bag to store your lifetime supply of equipment.
    My bad weighs 15kg and will last me for 1 month (some supplies lasting for years). It's more than 99% of people have.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Probably live in solitude. Either in the bush or the mountains (I have both close by). Assuming my house wasn't destroyed (along with everything in it) I'd have enough supplies to take with me to get started.

I have little faith in mankind, so expect a post-apocalypse world to be pretty ruthless and violent (Fallout anyone), and would rather not be apart of it. I'm sure eventually civilization would be re-established, but not in my lifetime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    The problem with fire-arms is that they're easily reduced to dead weight. They don't last, because their ammunition doesn't last. Meanwhile, they take up weight and space that could have been dedicated to a piece of equipment that does last. It's probably worth it to take a handgun, but it should be reserved for use as a weapon only, not a hunting implement, and it should be discarded the moment your ammunition runs out. Which brings us to another problem: How much ammunition are you going to take with you?

(Cross)bows are a much better option because their ammunition can be re-used, broken parts can be replaced (at the cost of drawing power), ammunition can be replaced (at the cost of accuracy), but all in all, they're a much more reliable tool for survival.

Your post hints on the 'every man for themselves' ideology. But in a case of such a crisis, I think it's more important what you can bring to the table than how well you can defend yourself. Also: The best way to defend yourself from raiders is to not be in places where raiders are most likely to be. So you'll want to avoid urban areas; not only because of raiders, but also because of the increased risk of plagues.
    I'm well aware that they can be dead weight. It's a trade-off. I carry 100 rounds with 2 extra 10 round magazines stuck in my bag. Firearms put you on equal footing with anyone, no matter your skill level in hand to hand combat. I would never use them for hunting unless I had no choice. I have a S&W MP9 and a .22 ruger with 20 rounds (I know, I know). Guns can also be used for barter. The rifle is on my back and handgun on my hip opposite my blade. I have 3 blades and a hand axe actually.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 04:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Even the younglings?!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SqTR0DorSw
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Surviving an apocalypse might be easy for some, others not so much. I find that surviving life in general is tougher. That's my apocalypse. However, if you wanted to know what I'd do during what I'd call true freedom, traveling and meeting new people. I don't mean that as a luxury, because I'm pretty sure trusting someone after a disaster, would be the actual apocalypse.

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how much of mankind and civilization is left. In case people go extinct, it's sad. In case some people do survive, I'd try to organize an autonomous shelter.

Implement the Shariah around the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either off myself or find some guns and be a road warrior.

I will probably die of starvation.
    Also, apocalypse? wat.

I'd still die, probably within a year. Not being negative, it's simple facts. I'm diabetic, I have to take insulin twice a day in order to live. A vial of insulin lasts me around a month to a a month and a half, and has to be kept refrigerated. Sure early on I might be able to raid a pharmacy or hospital or whatever and get a stockpile of the meds before someone else did, might be able to keep them cool(not easy in Texas but we'll go with it) but when that runs low, then what? Even if I could find a doc's or drugstore that hadn't already been stripped, the power has likely been out for some time, ruining whatever stockpile they had left.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd find an aircraft carrier and drive it around.

If there's still one that works, that is.
    Putin khuliyo

look for something that i can turn into a business.. i mean, if i survived the apocalypse then other people could have survived it too...

Assuming my house survived this apocalypse, I would probably stay inside, praying everything still functions and live my life until I die.

Deleted
    it depends.
    in this apocalypse scenario of yours does Jessica Alba survive? if so I'd keep on trying to hit that. my chances would probably be better due to that apocalypse. if the lovely miss Alba died in that scenario then theres really no point in doing anything else.
    if she's zombified in the apocalypse I'd be on the fence.

Deleted
    Move south and fast to a more temperate climate and live off the land with a small group of self-sustaining survivors.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 01:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sharlok View Post
    if she's zombified in the apocalypse I'd be on the fence.
    It always comes down to level of decomposition.

I would get myself a Pipboy 3000 and a bozar.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know the movie The book of eli

Thats would be me....without the book

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it would depend on the apocalypse. If everyone (or almost everyone) would be dead, and everything destroyed, I'd probably end myself too. If the area and people where I live were spared, I think I could manage.