Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It's never been about being hard, it's just really annoying.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was never hard, it's just a terrible instance that most people don't consider fun.

It was nerfed so many times I wouldn't expect it to be anything more than a trivial task.

It wasn't even hard before it got nerfed. Some people just don't have much in the way of situational awareness and adaption.

The only reason to run it these days if for achieves. The mount can only drop if you got The Occulus through LFD and Maly can drop it to. Maly is an easy solo and can be done in under 5 min.

Deleted
    I personally hate Oculus because leaving vehicles in combat bugs out my healing frames, and even when that's fixed, people run around with no clue and end up leaving..

I haven't done the instance many times because of that, and I actively avoid it when I reach level 77 on alts, but I still have somewhat of an idea about what's going on in there. It's just that people don't ask, and then I can't be bothered to even try.

With LFD, the community totally changed. Now it's easier to leave when something doesn't work then actually try to understand something. It's not like you have anything to do with the people in your group.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember the first time doing it, the tank didn't want to run it as myself and the 3 others hadn't done it. We were thinking wtf, it can't be hard.

Did it and it was simple, I really don't understand what was ever hard about it. But saying that, in LFG you meet some retards, even if it has been nerfed to hell.

Deleted
    After the nerf and addition of bag with possibility of mount I loved getting it at the end of wotlk... loved it way more than full halls of stone runs :P However you couldnt queue lowlvl heroics in cata so never went back to the place. Guess mounts like that are sold at AH now as well?

I don't find it hard, granted, I don't find the game to be hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    People are often too afraid to speak up and say they are first timers in a dungeon, since a lot of people dont like it when people havent done the fights before, so people stay quiet out of fear of being booted.
    Pretty much this it was something that started in Cataclysm and has stuck around since.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Occulus was my favorite dungeon in LK. I ran it every time with a red dragon. Disagree? I'M ON A RED DRAGON LOLOL DISAGREE WITH THAT

I did it twice while levelling my hunter over the weekend.

First group broke up on the end boss due to retardation.

Second group I demanded that I was going heal dragon to idiot-proof the instance, and surprise surprise things went perfectly smooth.

TL;DR take the hardest role for yourself and it should be ok.

I don't think the difficulty of the Oculus was ever the real problem; it was finding a group competent enough to control the dragons properly and navigating the confusing layout the first few times.

Other than that it was a nice change of pace as an instance and a cool idea -- probably cooler on paper than it was in actuality, however.

It's not hard, it's annooying and half the people there don't seem to have done it before. It DOESN'T make sense if you've never done it, I had to have it explained first time where to go and what each dragon did. Nobody has the patience for that when all they're doing is levelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll never run The Oculus again.

Ever.

Occulus is different than any other dungeon. You have to deal with drakes and navigating a dungeon in three dimensions without any clear road markers as to where you should go. On top of that they randomly give the drakes extra abilities that you have to use to succeed but you only get the chance to figure them out on the last fight.

Yes occulus is easy to those of us who have done it before. If you know the map already it seems simple. I'm more curious how the other members are supposed to osmose all this information on the first play through? It isn't like occulus is a dungeon that comes up in the queue on a regular basis anymore, even if you are leveling through that bracket.

Deleted
    It has never been hard when you are grouped up with people that know what to do

Deleted
    It's soloable at lvl 80 up until the last boss, for that one you just need a healer and nuke it from the platform under him, while running around to avoid orbs during the immunity phases.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stupid ppl was stupid back in wotl time, stupid ppl r still stupid now in MoP
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s