Unhappy Best gear-trinkets for a Rogue?

Slowly getting to gear up my rogue for Pandaria raiding (Combat and Assassin mainly, but I change specs a lot) and about to get enough VP for a few pieces from the various factions. The thing is, even heroic dungeons have so far refused to drop any Agility trinkets, so I was looking at the ones available from Quartermasters and saw there are new ones from the Operation: Shieldwall faction (Arrowflight Medallion) as well as one offered by the Shado-Pan (Hawkmaster Talon). Which one would be best for my class? I know Haste is a slightly better stat than Crit for most specs but one seems to have more base Agility and iLvl than the one with Haste on-use, and from what someone told me the difference betwen Haste and Crit isn't reall that high, but wanted to double check.

This brings me to my other question: is there any website, addon or such where I could find a comparative chart on gear for rogues that is up to date to Pandaria, to see which offers the best? "best-in-slot" if you will. I found one trough google but it hasn't been updated since first tier raiding of Cataclysm >_>'

Thanks in advance!
    Amidst the eternal waves of time
    From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
    Out of the Abyss peer the eyes of a demon
    Behold the Razgriz, it's wings a black sheath

askmrrobot.com allows you to compare gear.

The Darkmoon Faire trinket is VERY highly rated for how easy it is to get. In order to not use it, you basically would need to be killing heroic Lei Shi.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    The Darkmoon Faire trinket is VERY highly rated for how easy it is to get. In order to not use it, you basically would need to be killing heroic Lei Shi.
    Yeah just looked at that one, I guess I can spare a few coins for it, grand expedition yak can wait :P
    According to Shadowcraft Arrowflight medallion and the talon don't really seem to be a really big difference betwen eachother but will keep checking.
    Thanks for all the replies!
    Amidst the eternal waves of time
    From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
    Out of the Abyss peer the eyes of a demon
    Behold the Razgriz, it's wings a black sheath

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Never use askmrrobot for a rogue. Use ShadowCraft.
    I understand there is a stigma for Rogues about using Ask Mr. Robot, but honestly, it hasn't been that bad in MoP.
    Sure, the score thing is weird looking, but 9 times out of 10, it has been easier for me to compare gear and gem through Ask Mr. Robot first (the UI is a lot more cooperative), and then plug those results into Shadowcraft for the reforging part.

Back to the original post, between the Shado-Pan and Shieldwall trinket, the Shado-Pan one will be better for Combat (it lines up with CDs better), and the Shieldwall trinket might be better for Mut because of Crit's stronger MoP value for the spec, more baseline Agility, and synergy with cooldowns (it will always line up with either Vendetta, Shadow Blades, or both).
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Carp The Fish View Post
    I understand there is a stigma for Rogues about using Ask Mr. Robot, but honestly, it hasn't been that bad in MoP.
    Sure, the score thing is weird looking, but 9 times out of 10, it has been easier for me to compare gear and gem through Ask Mr. Robot first (the UI is a lot more cooperative), and then plug those results into Shadowcraft for the reforging part.
    Have you tried using snapshots in ShadowC? It makes comparing sets much easier. ShadowCraft's reforging and gemming is far more optimal than AMR's. AMR wants me to gem red slots with orange agi/hit gems and sometimes exp/hit and the reforging does strange things to my gear. It seems to want exactly 7.5% hit/exp over all else.

The default values in AMR don't match up with high or low gear levels and is only approximate to mid gear levels, whereas ShadowC calculates EP of each stat based on your gear. If you plug ShadowC's values into AMR and then use AMR, it's still not going to be accurate because EP values are not static and should not be treated as such.

Sure, you can approximately optimize your gear with AMR, but why use that when ShadowC is right there and much better. It's like using a 1 cup measuring cup to measure half a cup of water.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2012-12-28 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carp The Fish View Post

Back to the original post, between the Shado-Pan and Shieldwall trinket, the Shado-Pan one will be better for Combat (it lines up with CDs better), and the Shieldwall trinket might be better for Mut because of Crit's stronger MoP value for the spec, more baseline Agility, and synergy with cooldowns (it will always line up with either Vendetta, Shadow Blades, or both).
    I agree with carp on this one, used shadowcraft and it told me that it's "optimal gems" would lower my DPS.. seems legit

Bottom line use both and then ask and use common sense. Although to the OP both will generate pretty similar results for the entry level trinkets so take a look at either.

I wasn't saying Shadowcraft is bad, I'm saying it's not as reliable as is was in Dragon Soul and some parts of it are not really functioning on all cylinders (and gemming for everything other than Combat is straight-forward, so...). I'm also not saying Ask Mr. Robot is the best thing either; it still acts weird sometimes, and the score system it uses is tricky at best.

What I'm saying is you can't just point to one source and say "Use this." From my experience, Ask Mr Robot is good for "I need this done with no muss or fuss.", but Shadowcraft is where I can REALLY tweak things and know the full impact.

I'd also mess with wowreforge, since it seems to be working again.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

The lack of trinket drops means an crit on proc trinket becomes BiS along with an Agility proc one .

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Never use askmrrobot for a rogue. Use ShadowCraft.
    Just backing this up, shadowcraft is superior in every way.