High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

HDMI scaling issue

I have got my hands on a hdmi cable and wanting to use my 40" lcd as monitor but current issue having when switching from vga is that resolution 1920x1080
    the taskbar etc are all cut off the screen I have had to use a resize resolution to which is 1842x1036 which images just don't look any better compared to old vga. I am using a gtx 560

Any tips of settings for hdmi?

10+ Year Old Account
    There should be settings on the TV itself to do some minor correction for that.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, Had to take screen mode off auto to PC and has fixed it. For anyone using a Soniq tv.

Proper way to fix it is taking overscan off from graphics drivers options. Drivers make the braindead assumption that even TV's with HDMI are still old CRT type and need overscan enabled which is not true.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Proper way to fix it is taking overscan off from graphics drivers options. Drivers make the braindead assumption that even TV's with HDMI are still old CRT type and need overscan enabled which is not true.
    agreed, except it really isn't rare to find CRT's. Not as rare as say someone w/o a cell phone. I do believe setting the TV to a more passive state and allowing GPU to handle the scaling and so on is an ideal concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    agreed, except it really isn't rare to find CRT's. Not as rare as say someone w/o a cell phone.
    No, but CRT TV with HDMI connector is pretty damn rare.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.