Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    You asked: Can you honestly say the $25 is worth it? Your vote matters, GO!

Answer: That is not for me or any other poster to decide. It's not our issue, it's yours and it's a realization you need to make for yourself. Infact, I'll have to call you out on that particular post and inform you that it adds nothing constructive to anything except appear as a desperate attempt to rally support by appealing to sense of rationalism from someone who would otherwise not have to unless forced by your question, in which case you should ask yourself;

Am I looking for answers to my issue or just for someone to pat me on the back and say "you're right, I guess" after being prompted to by your appeal to their rationalism?

I really don't think it's a good idea to do that, since it's harmfull for the posting enviroment and can easilly spark negativity rather than constructivity. So again, it's a question you should ask yourself and not others.

- Kasp.
    You took that way too meaningful, he was in the same situation and switched and I asked him if it was worth it. How is this asking for a rally? Furthermore, No I do not feel like giving $25 extra to a billion dollar company for a change they made.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    And if it unbalances the server population? Or did you not think of that.
    Yes, I did take that into consideration. Sever populations are already horribly unbalanced, and if such a solution would cause such a mass exodus off pvp servers I would say that evidences a larger problem. How is not giving people a window to opt out when something so large is being changed because you're afraid that so many people *would* take that choice not a sign that something is wrong that people wouldn't want to stay around?

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    For the sake of arguement, I'll point out I used to play on A PvP server and gained the rank of Sergeant solely by ganking level 55's as level 60 in Searing Gorge. The level gaps in numbers were smaller, but a mage with Zandalari trinket and no diminishing returns on CC - or a rogue in general at 60 with even first tier dungeon set had a major advantage of someone levelling in greens. Just to point out the problem with this whole way of reasoning.
    I leveled up on a PvP server as well back then Knight-Lieutenant, you had a advantages with raid gear and things like that, and the obvious things that were different about the mechanics of the game back then, but I still stand by my opinion that it wasn't as severely unbalanced a situation as it would be today running into someone higher than you. Could you still get ganked? Yeah of course you could, I'm not arguing that it shouldn't happen at all, but as I said, I think someone level 40-50 was in a much better situation running into someone level 60 then someone 70/80 even 85 is running into someone 90 today.

find someone on a pve server to invite u to a group mabye ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I did take that into consideration. Sever populations are already horribly unbalanced, and if such a solution would cause such a mass exodus off pvp servers I would say that evidences a larger problem. How is not giving people a window to opt out when something so large is being changed because you're afraid that so many people *would* take that choice not a sign that something is wrong that people wouldn't want to stay around?

And you would be making another problem even worse for something of your own personal gain. That's not evidence of a larger problem. We don't make a solution that will worsen another problem. That's really really dumb.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
    So you are saying that at level 80 you have no items available to raise your average iLvl to 226 when you should be able to get:
    - Green lvl272 BoEs , the ones you say there is none at the AH (remember that you can use items of any armor class you can equip to raise the iLvL)
    - BoE crafted lvl 289 gear : tailoring has 4 pieces and embersilk can't be very expensive nowadays
    - PvP gear 270 lvl set and 264 lvl off set

So, if you don't have average ilvl 226 at lvl 80 is just because you don't want to, not just because the "evil PvPers" are camping cata lvl 80 zones.
    There is NO gear that could help my ilvl on the ah, idk why that is

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    People who really love wpvp don't love ganking, they love spontaneous battles with equal matched opponents. Half the fun is the dynamic environment of mobs, guards, and other players. I'm so sick of people thinking that wpvp = ganking.
    I completely agree with you and had a blast with world PVP in vanilla and BC (until HP). Unfortunately I rarely ever see world PVP that is spontaneous battles with equal matched opponents. The only PVP action I see on PVP servers is a high level player 1-shotting a low level player and cheering at his mad PVP skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I completely agree with you and had a blast with world PVP in vanilla and BC (until HP). Unfortunately I rarely ever see world PVP that is spontaneous battles with equal matched opponents. The only PVP action I see on PVP servers is a high level player 1-shotting a low level player and cheering at his mad PVP skills.
    I've seen PVP where it's level 90's fighting each other in somewhat similar ger levels. Lowbies I haven't seen but I'm on a RP server so it's..not going to necessarily happen.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I've seen PVP where it's level 90's fighting each other in somewhat similar ger levels. Lowbies I haven't seen but I'm on a RP server so it's..not going to necessarily happen.
    I'll take it back...there has been some decent PVP action going on in the 5.1 dailies area (or at least there was initially). It had some nice back and forth as players were alternating between getting quests done and participating in the group PVP action.

This is why I stand by my suggestion to define and regulate world PVP. Fighting level neutral opponents while questing/exploring etc. can be a lot of fun. Getting killed in 1 button push by a player you didn't even know was there is frankly, retarded. I think Blizzard would do themselves a favor by inserting some rules & regulations into world PVP (kinda like they did a LOOOONG time ago into battlegrounds) to make world PVP compelling to both parties.

The problem isn't even wpvp, that may be cool with players of similar level. The problem is getting spawn camped for anywhere from 5 minutes to 6 hours and having entire zones taken out of the picture. I don't want competitive wpvp to go, or even CRZ's necessarily to go. But this crap ganking is terrible. I have played on this server on and off throughout every expansion and patch of wow, ganking has never been anywhere close to this bad on my server. If blizzard is so scared about low population areas then merge the dang severs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthcullen View Post
    The problem isn't even wpvp, that may be cool with players of similar level. The problem is getting spawn camped for anywhere from 5 minutes to 6 hours and having entire zones taken out of the picture. I don't want competitive wpvp to go, or even CRZ's necessarily to go. But this crap ganking is terrible. I have played on this server on and off throughout every expansion and patch of wow, ganking has never been anywhere close to this bad on my server. If blizzard is so scared about low population areas then merge the dang severs

And once again you're going to cause so many more problems.

Warrior-Magi

The restaurant reference needs to stop being used as it is completely different. Restaurants have no progression involved, and you can walk out at any time, or even punch the a-- who blew smoke in your face. In ganking there is no punch and with progression there is no leaving.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 07:27 AM ----------

And once again you're going to cause so many more problems.
    Like....? Overpopulation? Merge the lower population realms that needed CRZ in the first place

10+ Year Old Account
    Like....? Overpopulation? Merge the lower population realms that needed CRZ in the first place
    CRZ WAS NOT intended to fix realm populations. The issues that come up is money, character names, guild names etc etc. Really Merging servers isn't just like waving a magic wand and being fixed.

Warrior-Magi

Neither are CRZ's

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 07:30 AM ----------

They don't fix anything except wpvp at the cost of other annoyances

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither are CRZ's
    And? Still shows you misinterpret CRZ.

They don't fix anything except wpvp at the cost of other annoyances
    They make the world more open having more people in it.

Warrior-Magi

No gear on the ah for this level bracket that would get me closer to 226.

Smoker's section. Ha. Yeah not a valid comparison at all. I only joined because my cousin was here and there was NO risk of this happening.
    Low risk, not NO risk. There is ALWAYS a risk of getting ganked on a PvP server, saying there is not is outright denying FACTS. The risk may be low, but it does not matter, the risk IS, always HAS been, and always WILL be there. The other guy's analogy about the smoking sections is actually correct.

"Nice try, but no. The restaurant in question had ~300 smoker rooms with 1 or 2 smokers in them each for 8 years, but suddenly decided to corral the smokers and non-smokers in 40 rooms. And nobody wants them to stop smoking. People just want the 300 rooms back, like they ALWAYS had."

Except, they DIDN'T corral the non-smokers into the smoking rooms, they simply took down the walls separating the 300 individual smoking rooms and made it one BIG smoking room. You are the one who CHOSE to sit in a smoking room, even if there was nobody else sitting there. You could have STILL sat in the non-smoking rooms(ie, PvE servers) which STILL exist, and which are STILL totally separate from the smoking(PvP) rooms, so no, all the non-smoking rooms exist, if you were a non-smoker, you should have sat there, and not sat in an empty smoking room under the WRONG assumption that you would never see a smoker in there. You knew FROM THE START that sitting in a smoking room meant you COULD have smokers near you, even if it was unlikely.

I interpret it as blizzard initially trying to make experiencing wow with more players more fun. Thats basically what they said they were trying to do. They instituted better wpvp which is good, competition for resources (good), and ganking out the flipping a-- (hmmm)

10+ Year Old Account
    I interpret it as blizzard initially trying to make experiencing wow with more players more fun. Thats basically what they said they were trying to do. They instituted better wpvp which is good, competition for resources (good), and ganking out the flipping a-- (hmmm)
    Ganking existed before CRZ, it's only getting bad because of CRZ existing.

Warrior-Magi

Referencing to that smoker thing just makes you seem strange. If I was in a smoker's restaurant and someone was sitting there blowing smoke in my face (the equivalent of ganking) they could be thrown out of the restaurant... or punched... but probably the first one. So with this comparison are you suggesting we throw gankers out of the realm?

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 07:40 AM ----------

Ganking existed before CRZ, it's only getting bad because of CRZ existing.
    Yes you've summed up what I said.... why?

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Nice try, but no. The restaurant in question had ~300 smoker rooms with 1 or 2 smokers in them each for 8 years, but suddenly decided to corral the smokers and non-smokers in 40 rooms. And nobody wants them to stop smoking. People just want the 300 rooms back, like they ALWAYS had.

But I concede, people who keep visiting that restaurant get what they deserve.
    Been in my non-smoking room since 2006 and CRZ's are no problem at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes you've summed up what I said.... why?
    You were implying Gankers suddenly were created via CRZ.

Warrior-Magi