Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I get about 90% into the loading screen, then it gets stuck for a minute or 2 and then I get DC'd.
    This for pretty much everyone it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So awesome. No matter how long threads run where people complain about how much various aspects of WoW suck. BAM..servers are down and we are at 450 pages...
    Thats because wow is dying and noone plays it anymore.
    450 pages midday on a workday, thats nothing !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    Wait wait wait wait. THAT is in Blizzards TOS??? o.O
    Act of God = Hurricanes, Tornadoes, earthquakes etc

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Downtime in wow is actually pretty productive for your IRL. I managed to unpack my christmas gifts (including microwave oven among other things)
    I was stupid enough to say I wanted money this xmas. Sure I got about 1500 euro total but there was almost no fun at all opening gifts since they were only envelopes.

In the productive aspect, it's saturday, it's my slackday, I want to game

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    The internet doesn't need to 'stop working' thats not what I am implying. If something is going wrong, somewhere, with one of the nodes (as shown before via the picture) then things are obviously going to go slower and will end up with more traffic through less nodes. An overall increase on latency/response time even when there is less traffic is evidence that there is something going on.

All it takes is the data to take a little bit too long and then you will get disconnected (like your tracert test). Something isn't reaching and the question is why?

You have 2 lanes of traffic, all of the cars are driving from A -> B. One of the lanes is now closed so now you have 1 lane with double the cars on it. Not only will it take longer to get from A -> B but most of the time you won't get there on time and you will just get a disconnect.
    Again let me re-iterate that there is nothing wrong with The Internet. It is Blizzard's ISP. internettrafficreport.com shows nothing unusual (it always looks like this). An index of 85 is normal.

I hope someone at Blizzard gets their ass handed to them for the wording of that notification misleading people into thinking the problem might be external.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Thats ridiculous.... why havnt they been sue'd for racism or something yet... im not religious, and blizzard are clearly religious from their TOS, therefore, if i dont get the loot i want, its racism?! OKAY?!
    ....what? How is racism related to the term "an act of god"
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Thats ridiculous.... why havnt they been sue'd for racism or something yet... im not religious, and blizzard are clearly religious from their TOS, therefore, if i dont get the loot i want, its racism?! OKAY?!
    A force majeure clause is pretty standard stuff. Insurance companies have been using them to avoid paying out in claims for centuries; and has more to do with an act out of human control rather than the hand of divine intervention.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    I was stupid enough to say I wanted money this xmas. Sure I got about 1500 euro total but there was almost no fun at all opening gifts since they were only envelopes.

Yeah.. Me too. But since im not just going to sit and take it up the ass from whoever is causing this i decided to be productive a little :P

Deleted
    Has anyone had any luck to get online yet? Still down for me.. and its annoying :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post

You got some serious cash for xmas, I must work three months to earn this much and you complain that you got "only envelopes" >_<
    And even that 600-ish eur a month is decent wage in poland.

Still WoW sub is just 10e/ mo. and people feel entitled like fuck. Look at this damn thread 500 pages, 450 is spam just because wow is down for 4 hours. Kinda sucks to me too as it's cold, rainy, greyish, damp and generally filthy outside but comon i pay 10 eur to play this game for 30 days whenever i feel to, 4 hours isn't any big deal compared to 150-250 hours i play per month.

Will be bad if this would last a week or so
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2012-12-29 at 01:18 PM.

Trying to do very little at work and actually play some WoW while at work...... And logging servers don't work....Brilliant. Long day at work for me been trying to the past 4 hours

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    Wait wait wait wait. THAT is in Blizzards TOS??? o.O
    "Act of God" is a legal term for natural disasters (similar to "force majeure"). It doesn't literally mean a deity is going to part the seas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Act_of_God
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anpaperface View Post
    I hope someone at Blizzard gets their ass handed to them for the wording of that notification misleading people into thinking the problem might be external.
    Why do you seem to know more about the problem than Blizzard does? How do you know its internal? The last time I had connection issues it lasted about 4 days and it was Telias fault.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anpaperface View Post
    The problem IS external, as in, not in their DIRECT control. They can't send their own techs after it, so they have to push and pull other sources to fix it asap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    You got some serious cash for xmas, I must work three months to earn this much and you complain that you got "only envelopes" >_<
    'my life is so hard, I got a Lexus instead of a Mercedes for my sweet 16 '

This god damn saturday is ruined, i always knew blizz is kinna incompetent but they really proofed it again today. Im lookin forward to another 8 hours of not playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Cost of living is different in different countries.

In China, your 600-ish eur a month is what someone makes in three months. In poor African countries, someone might make that much in a year.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Deleted
    funny that for all the whining about how bad WoW is, there are 10,000 posts (and counting) made in a 3 hour period in a single thread alone when it goes down.

Deleted
    People who insist on blaming blizzard for this are either retarded or just trolling. How hard can it be to understand whats going on? Seriously?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    funny that for all the whining about how bad WoW is, there are 10,000 posts (and counting) made in a 3 hour period in a single thread alone when it goes down.
    Usually because the ones complaining aren't the ones playing. The ones not posting are too busy enjoying the game.