Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cool Does online dating really suck?

Well the one thing I really don’t understand about some guys. Now how is it that a guy can just complain about how he can’t get a girlfriend on POF (plenty of fish) or anywhere else or how he can’t get them to talk to him, because he’s short? When I was on the site I’ve gotten about 16 e-mails a weak (I’m 5’7 as well.) Then the same guy would tell me then that he got e-mails but from only fat women with kids. I then said to him you just said that you can’t get a girl to talk to you. He said well just the fat ones with kids. This I feel is very Superficial when he was just saying that girls judge him on his height.

Tips for all on dating sites:

1. Keep an open mind.
    2. Superficial people die alone. You’re better than no one. No matter how good you look.
    3. When you are looking for something serious then you have to look past some things. No one is perfect. The only thing that matters at the end is how that person treats you.
    4. Don’t complain about superficial people, when you’re just as superficial.
    Last edited by Preston Garvey; 2012-12-30 at 01:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    so your saying we have to settle for marrying fat people?

Is it because he is ugly maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    1. Keep an open mind.
    Not so open that your brain falls out.

2. Superficial people die alone. You’re better than no one. No matter how good you look.
    Depends on your person. The well known internet personality 'Zyzz' died very much alone; a superficial, steroid-ridden, heart-attack-afflicted fool who met his end on the floor of a sauna if memory serves. I am superficial to a degree; in that I cut my hair every once in a while, wear deodorant and try to look semi-decent. Outer appearances matter at least somewhat.

3. When you are looking for something serious then you have to look past some things. No one is perfect. The only thing that matters at the end is how that person treats you.
    True.

Don't complain about first degree burns when others have third degree burns. Superficiality comes in different colours; some more blaring and offensive than others.

Complaining fat people aren't attractive isn't superficial. Many people are just too lazy to take care of their bodies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Complaining fat people aren't attractive isn't superficial. Many people are just too lazy to take care of their bodies.
    Just like some people are attracted to blonde hair and big tits, some people are attracted to overweight. (And spanking, and same-sex, and cars....)

Nothing superficial about preferences in appearance; it all comes down to the nobody is perfect line. What's the point of settling down with somebody who doesn't turn you on at all? That would be simply silly and you'd end up having an affair at best, murder at worst.
    You can call it superficial and complain about it all you want, but it's the way the brain is constructed and even if you think you're the ugliest fuck on the planet, someone out there will think you're gorgeous and love you for who you are, even if you pick your nose and flick boogers at the TV.

Deleted
    I have never tried it, nor will I. I have heard from friends that are registred on dating sites that there are more guys (gays) than girls contacting them ;o
    I have no idea what sites they are on though ;d

As I'm sure we're all aware from the internet women who are not the fantasy do not actually count as being women for a lot of people.

Dating online is like shopping at the grocery store. You go straight for what you like. When you do want something different though, what are the odds you go for something totally random? If the only responses he's getting, he's either:
    1) trying for the sexiest girls he can find and ignoring the decent ones.
    2) Being an idiot.
    3) Waiting for girls to find him

Now when I say being an idiot, he probably has pictures of him and a bunch of other girls up or has a name like sexyman69. Something that I would pick out as being a total loser. Can't say that im too far off with my estimate though. If he wants real girls, he needs to type out a real nice PERSONALIZED letter to girls he's interested in. Also, i wouldnt hurt to lie a bit about height. Maybe by like an inch. I've used POF before, and most guys I talk to want my number right away and don't want to chat through the site. They never last long. But I met my bf there. We've known eachother for 5 years now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    As I'm sure we're all aware from the internet women who are not the fantasy do not actually count as being women for a lot of people.
    i would argue the same thing for the other gender. there are always going to be people who have exceptionally high standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting together with someone with kids is a pretty substantial commitment, and definitely not that anyone should take lightly.

perhaps the guy complaining should include a 'no fat chicks' clause with his description could solve a lot of problems:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    perhaps the guy complaining should include a 'no fat chicks' clause with his description could solve a lot of problems:P
    then they would just lie about their weight and post fake photos?

10+ Year Old Account
    Truth. I believe there's someone for everyone, but people aren't realistic with their standards. If you're a 4 but seeking 10s, yes, you're "forever alone".

You know the difference between being short and being fat? One of them you can change.

Apparently online dating sucks because if you are born short you only get response from people who don't take care of themselves and already screwed up with someone else (having kids etc). (I only respond like this because of your original post)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    You know the difference between being short and being fat? One of them you can change.

Apparently online dating sucks because if you are born short you only get response from people who don't take care of themselves and already screwed up with someone else (having kids etc). (I only respond like this because of your original post)
    I don't understand people who have this sentiment. Unless you're an actual little person.

The only time you dont get responses is when you wait for people to come to you. People set search perimeters for what they prefer, not what they will take. When you contact someone and you send them a nice message they will think twice about you, then decide. If the only reason they dont respond is your height, then why would you care about them anyways?

Perhaps im just dismissive of people too often. Id rather label someone an ass than bother with "why don't you like me?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Getting together with someone with kids is a pretty substantial commitment, and definitely not that anyone should take lightly.
    On both ends. A cycle of rotating SOs is really harmful for young children.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post

Actually both can be changed. I watched a series called "Taboo" on Nat. Geo where a girl was getting her legs lengthened in Russia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limb_lengthening_methods

10+ Year Old Account
    It could be plenty of things. He could have worded his profile so poorly only the truely desperate would respond. He may not be telling you the entire truth and is also turing away the decent ones, wanting that perfect 10. He could look like your typical douchbag in his pictures that turns most women completely off.

Online can work, but you cant be lazy about it. my bf and I met on Match.com last year, and we're still together. Yes, he added an extra inch, but most reasonable people wont care about an extra inch, or extra 10 pounds. Its the over exageration and really outdated photographs that get us mad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    then they would just lie about their weight and post fake photos?
    What good would that do? Lying about something like that will never work out, as if even if you do and succeed in getting a first real date, the other will simply walk away the moment they see you. You could also initiate live video conversations when talking to the person. Lying might get you a foot in the door and an initiated contact, but it won't get you into any real relationship, so there is no point in even doing it unless all you want is attention and someone to chat to online.

Personally I have heard a lot of good stories about online dating, my uncle met his girlfriend that way for example, and they seem really happy. In the past when he dated women normally, he never really had any good luck though. He met a lot of women who treated him badly, and exploited him for money. This time around they seem really happy together however, and I hope their relationship lasts.

My sisters friend also met her boyfriend via a dating site, best thing that ever happened to her she says.

Dating site is also probably the only way I will ever find someone, as bars and other social places really isn't anything for me... I also prefer to be able to really get to know a person, before I let them into my life. We will see when I get around to it however, currently my life isn't ready for any form of relationship as I have a lot of other things to deal with...