Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidenx View Post
    Finding a job easily in the US or UK in today's market, yeah right....
    Like Spectral and I said, if this is the extent of our worries we have the easiest existence of all time.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Quote Originally Posted by Raidenx View Post
    America's government has had a history of aggressiveness and bullying and that can't be ascribed to the populace. It is now a police state that seeks to oppress its own people, and I say this as an American. Soon it will descend into tyranny.

I'm an American and that made me sick to my stomach. Did the man do the things the officers said he did? Yes. However, it was all done with the air of throwing around the weight of American "superiority". Those officers were never in danger from that guy and they knew it. They didn't like that he didn't sit, stay, and play dead when he was asked to. While I am glad that our country is actually checking people, this particular check was an exercise in being a massive dick. Police state indeed. Our Constitution is becoming worth less than the paper it was written on if I had wiped my ass with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakrin View Post
    I'm an American and that made me sick to my stomach. Did the man do the things the officers said he did? Yes. However, it was all done with the air of throwing around the weight of American "superiority". Those officers were never in danger from that guy and they knew it. They didn't like that he didn't sit, stay, and play dead when he was asked to. While I am glad that our country is actually checking people, this particular check was an exercise in being a massive dick. Police state indeed. Our Constitution is becoming worth less than the paper it was written on if I had wiped my ass with it.
    I thought I heard a few cuts in audio there. It's quite possible the guy in question was behaving like a total dick to the officers and just cut those parts out. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I thought I heard a few cuts in audio there. It's quite possible the guy in question was behaving like a total dick to the officers and just cut those parts out. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.
    I'll give you that, but the part at the end? "You pulled your arm away, that's assault." The fuck? I remember when our country used to have a sack.

I'll give you that, but the part at the end? "You pulled your arm away, that's assault." The fuck? I remember when our country used to have a sack.
    Oh, I stopped listening like 2/3 of the way through.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

I'll give you that, but the part at the end? "You pulled your arm away, that's assault." The fuck?
    The fuck? bit for me was when they told the guy he was going to jail. Just when i thought that was about as fascist as they could get they told the guy 'You wife is going to jail as well lolz'. In a situation they incited and then escalated they are going to throw him and his wife in jail?

They must have had to build a new section at Guantanamo Bay as well if that guy is catching 3 terrorist a day sneaking across the Canadian border.
    I'm a Forsaken. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    OP makes the 1800s sound like the Middle Ages. It's not conquest when you arbitrarily broke treaties with blatant disregard for the welfare of a domestic people, all for the sake of greed
    Except I wasn't talking about the 1800's exclusively. They believed in Manifest Destiny, that it was their divine right to settle in America.

It wasn't greed, it was their devotion to their faith.

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 10:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    My problem comes from the hypocrisy of brushing off the slaughter of indians as a minor thing, while simultaneously condemning the holocaust. They're the same thing, basically.

Yes, if Germany had won WWII and their lebensraum ideals were fulfilled then they would become a normal stable society. And people would brush off the holocaust as a minor thing as well, a couple hundred years later.

That's my problem with America. Hypocrisy.
    But they're not the same, basically.

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 10:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Wait, is this guy saying that Americans are persecuted by Native American tribes? What in the actual fuck did I just read?
    Making assumptions.

We're persecuted by everyone, it's annoying as fuq.