Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got backstabbed in Dark Souls pvp countless times if that counts.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

Deleted
    Only betrayal I can think of would be end of college, we had a small group of friends and helped each other throughout it all. Very last day in the last lesson (Not going to come back and would just email any corrections to teachers) friend wouldnt give me this bit of coding that people were given a few days before after i'd gone. Still does not give over an entire lesson and says "Oh well we're never gonna see each other again". I did the code myself a week later and done it fine, but its the words that make me think was he ever my friend in the first place? deep man, deep

I wouldn't say I've been backstabbed or betrayed, but I have been severely disappointed at times when people did stupid things or didn't turn out the way I thought they were.

That said, I don't tell people my true problems or feelings unless I really know them, so it's hard to betray my trust.

woke up one day to find mt wife of two years missing. wasnt answering her phone when i tried calling her when i got worried. filed a missing persons report. she comes back two weeks later to tell me she was in a country town with another man, and was leaving me. blamed wow. I offered to sell my account (illegal as it is) and take her on a holiday, spoil her. she said, quote: "No, i dont want to see you unhappy".

make a lick of sense? nah didnt to me either. Anyway, divorce is legal in a week or two, shes marrying again, the bloke she left me for. I hope she ends up happy. And away from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Ex slept with someone else behind my back, got knocked up and tried to say it was mine.
    Almost the same,

Fiancé cheated on me and got knocked up. 6 year relationship down the drain.

too many times to count. but I've also had people bend over backwards to help me when I was at my absolute worst so I still retain some faith in humanity

yes. by a closest person.

dont. trust. ever.
    @
    hate. people.

Deleted
    Yes. Over money.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I don't think I have, at least not in any significant manner. I know lots of people who feel betrayed or backstabbed every single time that someone says something they've decided they don't like, though. I tend to automatically assume the best about people before I assume the worst though. Probably why I generally don't feel betrayed. I just figure they weren't trying to betray me. They just didn't realize what they were doing/saying.
    This actually goes for me too. I'm sitting here thinking about it and nothing huge comes to mind. I mean I'm sure people I'm friends with have talked shit about me behind my back but honestly we've all done that. So I'm okay with that, but if that counts then...yeah nothing really that stands out.
    Signature created by Engelen <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Frequently. Doesn't help that I'm a doormat either.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel sorry for anyone that says "They trust no one". Means your going to have sad and empty life.

OT: Everyone has had their trust betrayed, no matter how much some people would try to have you think otherwise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I feel sorry for anyone that says "They trust no one". Means your going to have sad and empty life.

OT: Everyone has had their trust betrayed, no matter how much some people would try to have you think otherwise.

It means you're also going to dodge a huge portion of the bullshit that's being thrown at you. A small sacrifice for your own good, and it's worth it most of the time. If you want to avoid this type of experience, then unfortunately the only way to do it is through avoiding the cause of betrayal and backstabbing itself: people. It's sad, but there is no other choice.

Frequently. Doesn't help that I'm a doormat either.
    I know that feel so much. I was this most of my life, now I hurl innocent excuses. The downside is that one day I will get tired of this as well and become a legitimate asshole.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-01-03 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I don't think I have, at least not in any significant manner. I know lots of people who feel betrayed or backstabbed every single time that someone says something they've decided they don't like, though. I tend to automatically assume the best about people before I assume the worst though. Probably why I generally don't feel betrayed. I just figure they weren't trying to betray me. They just didn't realize what they were doing/saying.
    You really nailed it there Reeve, as so often, h5 bro.
    This is something I totally recognize myself... or I can really relate to this train of thought at least.

That, and a bit of luck I guess, I seem to avoid the assholes, or the assholes avoid me, not sure which. ;P
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find that so far, generally you keep the kind of company you earn. Many people love to paint themselves as the victim, but many times (not always of course) they have done something to earn it. However that being said, I don't think I earned being cheated on by an ex at the time; I may not be the perfect boyfriend but I've almost always tried my best, and even when I'm not at my best, my worst really isn't bad (I forget to run an errand, or stuff like that). Yet, I got cheated on (a week before my Birthday, she told me on my Birthday).

With everything else though, I've been fairly fortunate, though I would also say I earned it. I am nice by choice, and because of the way I was brought up. Consequently, for the most part I attract nice people to myself; the assholes just generally recognise I will have nothing to do with them and avoid me. My best friend is a good example. When we first did not know each other well, I was in abit of a financial spot, and needed about $600 (which was alot to us at the time). He decided to trust me, because as he put it "I seemed like a really decent guy and I didn't deserve to be suffering the way I was" so he lent me the $600. This was a big deal because he came from a background which made him automatically distrustful of anyone and any situation involving money.

Of course, I paid him back asap, and years later I got to return the favour (which I did gratefully, I was relieved I was finally the one in the position to help him out). I know that was abit off topic, but I hope the story cheers some of the depressed people in here up alittle.

Just...be nice to people because it makes you a better person. Don't be stupid about it, and recognise that yes, some people will be assholes no matter how nice you are to them, but hey, I've had a pretty high success rate making good friends doing what I do. And those friendships have passed quite a few "tests". I've even started to convince an all round general asshole "friend" that maybe his way, sucks, and that's why he suffers. And I know he ain't sucking up to me for any secret reasons :P considering I don't have much money (he's fairly well off), I don't have a girlfriend atm(so he can't be interested in my girl), I'm not well-connected in any meaningful sense...

the only things I have that he doesn't and is afraid he won't find is happiness (in myself) and friends that I can trust.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I totally agree with you. I have been betrayed (as mention in the thread) but I still do onot give up faith in humanity.

I've been betrayed a fair few times during my life, though I've tried my best to not give the people who screwed me over the satisfaction of keeping me knocked down. I won't go into extensive deal about the biggest betrayal in my life, since it involves some pretty nasty things that my father did under the influence of alcohol. Due to circumstances outside of our control, my mother, sister and I were eventually forced to flee to a different part of the country to get away from him when the local police refused to take any action against repeated stalking, harassment and domestic violence - both physical and psychological.

As for some lesser cases of betrayal, I've been betrayed by a close friend who signed us both up for a college trip only to completely ignore me for the duration of it so that she could fawn over one of her other friends. I never quite understood why she did it, since we'd been on very good terms up until that point. I've also had a fair few supposed friends try and manipulate or bully me back in high school and college, though I cut off all ties with them.

I've also had people steal things from me when they though I wasn't looking, though in one of the three cases I managed to get the item in question back after proving to their mother with a receipt that it was mine.

In Tf2, all the time.

Deleted
    Ex left me for my ''best friend'', when she broke up with me I had my suspicions and she denied it was because she liked him. Turned out I was right ><.

Karma though, it never worked out with them and I'm in a new and very happy relationship

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    My ex screwed and ended up in a relationship with one of my best friends the same night we broke up a couple of years ago. Oh and we were on a vacation so I had to sleep in the same house as them for a week Sucked pretty hard.
    Ouch ! I feel so sad for you Kerdozia ... so cold hearted [fill it out with your own definition of that girl] .
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by Calthric View Post
    As for some lesser cases of betrayal, I've been betrayed by a close friend who signed us both up for a college trip only to completely ignore me for the duration of it so that she could fawn over one of her other friends. I never quite understood why she did it, since we'd been on very good terms up until that point.
    I did a similiar thing as your friend, it was the HS prom(when you are 18-19) though, I was single at the time and a really cute and beautiful girl had asked me to be her date... glorious, we didn't know eachother very well, we had just had a couple of courses together, but she was a top girl.... but I ditched her after dinner, spent the rest of the evening with another girl and well we did what people do when they are young, drunk and horny. Learned that she(that girl who asked me to be her date) was really into me from friends, and well that night wasn't a night to be remembered for her, I felt like an absolute asshole the day after, actually, I felt like an ass when we ran into eachother a year or so after graduation as well.

Thankfully I have become less of an ass with age ;P.... I think. I could be an egocentric inconsiderate retard when I was younger.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...