Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    No I'm pretty sure Intimidating Shout is a standard fear on all non-primary targets, with the added advantage that it's physical not magical - so it can be cast while silenced, and cannot be dispelled or immune via AMS / Cloak / Unbound Will. On the primary target however, Intimidating Shout is a Cower effect (according to it, which is just dumb wording at this point) - effectively its a gouge on the primary, with an aoe fear effect to everyone else in range.
    Just a little correction here, unbound will actually dispels the warriorfear since it works as a pvp trinket that also clears all magical debuffs on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Warrior fear has ALWAYS broken on a single point of damage dealt. The only reason it wouldn't break is if you're shielded with an absorb.
    my comp doesn't really have an absorb....
    fear as a mechanic is the same across all classes that have fear no matter if its magical or not.

as for it breaking? i once feared my focus target, put bloodbath on my primary target, then fat fingered my thundercap button ( idk, i was half asleep or something, and i'm still new to my warrior's keybinds) spread bloodbath to my feared target and it didn't break.

i think i once put bloodbath on a feared target by heroic leaping over to his pillaring partner and it didn't break either from the heroic leap damage or the bloodbath damage.

so much for a single point of damage.

i actually remember fear being more easily broken in wolk then it is now.
    Last edited by kosechi; 2012-12-31 at 07:31 PM.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Just a little correction here, unbound will actually dispels the warriorfear since it works as a pvp trinket that also clears all magical debuffs on you.
    Neat didn't know that I suspect Shamanistic Rage does the same then?
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I don't think it does. The warlock ability says that it clears all magic debuffs AND effects which cause a loss of control of your character (which in this case is a Fear) but Sham Rage only clears magical debuffs, and Intim Rage is a physical debuff (which means it can be BOPed off - I believe).

I've mindblasted and 3 orb devouring plagued into a psychic scream and it sometimes doesn't break the fear. 100% to 60% and still feared, yeah fear damage threshold is fucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unbound Will-Purge all Magic effects, movement impairing effects and all effects which cause loss of control of your character or demon.

So if I'm right it's like a defensive dispel on top of a freedom trinket.

Shamanistic Rage-Reduces all damage taken by 30% and causes your skills, totems, and offensive spells to consume no mana for 15 sec. This spell is usable while stunned.

Plus the glyph-Activating your Shamanistic Rage ability also cleanses you of all dispellable harmful Magic effects.

So with the glyph its more like a defensive dispel. The only reason it clears off a magic stun is because its usable while stunned. Otherwise, if I understand it correctly, you can't use it while you don't have control of your character. I don't think enhancement can use it while under the effects of any other magic cc, other than magic-based roots, snares, and stuns. They can use it while shockwaved for the 30% damage reduction but the glyph won't act a s a trinket because shockwave is a physical stun.
    Last edited by shell; 2013-01-01 at 12:56 AM.
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

Have a teammate dispel it...
    Last edited by Yaraza; 2013-01-01 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaraza View Post
    Have a teammate dispel it...
    healer is in a stun/in a sheep/on cooldown/silenced/out of LoS
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    healer is in a stun/in a sheep/on cooldown/silenced/out of LoS
    Fail...
    Then use trinket.

10% damage breaks it, at least from a single hit (dots may add up to more before it breaks.) Anyone that says otherwise is wrong or lying.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Damage caused may cancel fear"

Oh, Blizzard.

I can confirm that fear deff doesn't break after losing 10% of my HP. Repeatable too.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    I can confirm that fear deff doesn't break after losing 10% of my HP. Repeatable too.
    And I can confirm it doesn't... repeatable as well...
    Confirmations without a proof mean nothing.

Fail...
    Then use trinket.
    trinket is on cooldown because you trinketed a poly to save your healer 1 minute ago. you can be put in a fear a lot more often then you can get out of it.

trinket is on cooldown because you trinketed a poly to save your healer 1 minute ago. you can be put in a fear a lot more often then you can get out of it.
    That's an issue with every CC, not just fear. Blizzard needs to lower the CD on the trinket.

Deleted
    It seems to be a bit buggy indeed, but it has to be said that players usually use the dmg threshold to its maximum so to speak.

For instance, if i catch someone in a full fear, i will dot him, dispell him, heal myself etc until the dots have done some damage, that 10% ish damage, and then cast a mindblast+3DP nuke. That easily could take a 40% in total with crits so....

Half the time it's practically a stun. The way it works right now is stupid.

That's an issue with every CC, not just fear. Blizzard needs to lower the CD on the trinket.
    no its not a problem with the trinket. its a problem with fear not breaking on damage like it should.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Fear breaks reliably after taking 10% of your max life in damage.

Either you got hit for half your life in one hit, or you're making things up.

Bullshit and you know it, 40-50% health gone till Fear breaks. Dont try to pull that crap hear.

no its not a problem with the trinket. its a problem with fear not breaking on damage like it should.
    The funny thing about that is my main is a holy priest and that never happens when I use psychic scream (I WISH IT DID LOL), but then again I don't use it to kill people, I use it as a defensive CD. To be honest, I wouldnt care if it broke on even just 1 damage... why? Because I don't use it to kill people; I use it to escape people. You see, priests have shitty mobility and that is one of the few things that helps...

I bet people would still complain about it even if it broke on 1 damage.

Anywho... stuns need to break on damage for sure. It's time.
    Last edited by Yaraza; 2013-01-02 at 06:06 AM.