Page 27 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I didn't play during TBC but I have to disagree with atleast the points 1 and 4.

1-TBC had some of the most diverse zones, unlike other expansions where most zones have similar themes (WotLK and MoP).
    4-You look like a clown while leveling in any expansion, and you always will, it's not exclusive to TBC, I actually like most of the gear in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    Attunements were not difficult. Annoying, maybe, but unless you're terrible you didn't have a problem getting attuned. Certain encounters were overtuned (M'uru, for example), but for the most part I felt raiding was very manageable.
    Ever wondered why the Kael'Thas weapons gave resis vs shadowdamage? Because the fight was nerfed before you even got there. There were ALOT more buggy/way to overtuned bosses than M'uru. The double spawn Vashj was also great. And then there was the trash... x_x

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    My guild had a voting back than if we even allow BEs to be in our guild. It was kind of an RP thing ;D
    RP racism, now I've seen all...... what was your guilds' name, Ku Klux Klan?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Cataclysm was the worst expansion to date, the mountains more evidence of complaints and guild break ups than during any other expansion, are testament to that.

Deleted
    Comparing WoW MoP to WoW TBC is like comparing Diablo 3 & Diablo 1, TBC was revolutionary at the time but compared to todays standards it's nothing.

Deleted
    I think it was.

Because I didn't have as much fun during TBC as I did during the rest of the expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vokal View Post
    Yep. Thats just the sad state of affairs on most wow forums these days. A very very vocal minority of the playerbase to whom TBC was god's gift to gaming. I wonder why these people even bother staying subscribed to WoW now.
    They don't.

This thread is dumb, the TBC-hating chest-thumpers that valiantly fight the "evil nostalgia" of veterans like to boast subjectivity, but what the hell is this thread then? Some sort of call to objectively state that the best expansion was the worst? (see what I did there?) Silly.

TBC and WOTLK saw nothing but a huge rise in subs, cata and MoP dragged it through the mud, go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    RP racism, now I've seen all...... what was your guilds' name, Ku Klux Klan?
    We allowed BEs and they was only a little bit of discrimination.
    Last edited by Hubbl3; 2014-04-10 at 11:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Less room for sub-optimal classes/specs/gear in raids.
    What? If anything, TBC made more specs viable. In vanilla, every guild had all Warriors as tanks; TBC was when Bears and Prot Paladins actually became viable and even desirable for certain fights.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by floud View Post
    Comparing WoW MoP to WoW TBC is like comparing Diablo 3 & Diablo 1, TBC was revolutionary at the time but compared to todays standards it's nothing.
    It improved the game the most. That's what makes it best.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    tbc added a lot of things and had the interesting story/ atmosphere to back it up... i loved the whole feel of outland <3

Yep. Thats just the sad state of affairs on most wow forums these days. A very very vocal minority of the playerbase to whom TBC was god's gift to gaming. I wonder why these people even bother staying subscribed to WoW now.
    You think only a few players like TBC? You have no idea. And how many from TBC still play? Well lets see....a lot of TBC players left because they didnt want to do naxx 2.0 (which was ridiculously UNDERtuned). They didnt like how the dungeons became AoE/win. Ulduar was badass, ToC was a stand in raid imo because they needed more time for ICC. ICC was ok....then Cata came...you wanna talk about no content and nothing to do..thats cata..hence "the alt xpac" and the introduction of LFD...enabling players to get nasty without consequences...and to add insult to injury they created LFR which has gotten even worse since they made flex because all the somewhat decent players/english speaking people took up flex leaving lots of non-english speaking people (thanks blizz) and a lot of 12 year old players that get there rocks off and being dicks....probably because they get treated like that in r/l in school so it makes them feel "big and bad" to be an internet warrior. This game went from people that enjoyed mmorpg to people that want everything and anything because they pay 14.99 a month....so because blizzard caved we have a terrible player base a lot of whom are on this very forum claiming that TBC sucked and that MoP is so super awesome. The raids in MoP are good and the creation of flex...and thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Now before people start losing there minds about me saying this lets look at a few things that made the TBC bad.
    Problem with TBC was that it followed vanilla's recipe without trying to evolve the game anywhere or fix any of the glaring problems, and as such was more like content patch than real expansion. At the time it was ok, but in hindsight it was severely lacking in in all of the five points you listed.

Would I call it worst expansion? No. Cataclysm was since it repeated all of TBC's mistakes (not evolving the game further) and created whole bunch of new problems on top.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    So, going against the heavily nostalgia-influenced opinion that TBC was the God of Expansions, that automatically makes it a troll thread? How... Absurd.
    No, it does not. People are allowed to have their opinions. If one finds TBC the worst, then they are welcome to. Some just reacts a bit wide to when others say it. It is a general and open opinion.

Think reactions of the thread is build on the post that the OP writes as if he should have expected the opening of Wrath or higher, and doesn't seem to add to the counter the very age of TBC. Some of his points doesn't seem fully experienced, "Lack of 70's content" - well, all to taste, I think. There was raiding, reputation hunting (mounts and so on), World PvP, BG's, Arenas... Heck, a lot of the 70's experience (for many atleast) was the long journey to attune yourself for Karazhan.

As well, the map comment. "1-2 settlements", no... far from.. As well, TBC contains one of the higher voted favorite zones.

As well, the user speaks as if he should expect higher once more, from an old expansion. That is why the troll card is drawn so fast.

As well on the dungeon topic, myself, I loved the dungeons of TBC for they did prove a challenge. Haven't experienced that ever since a few Cataclysm HC dungeons before the nerf.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    My personal thoughts:

I liked TBC the best because:
    Attunement
    It was when I was really getting into the game and I was one of the few really good shadow priests, as you know, when played correctly, we were one of the top DPS and provided awesome utility.
    Flying mounts! I actually really liked farming rep for Netherdrakes and Rays
    Crafting mattered. When I dinged 70, I had gold for my epic flying and I had 8-9 epics waiting for me. My 3 piece tailoring set, the bracers from BT, and PVP pieces (when you could easily have mostly PVP gear and still raid top tier).
    I liked the complete change in zones, like Shadowmoon Valley was overrun, but Nagrand was still peaceful.

The #1 reason? The game wasn't "old" yet. I was still young, didn't have a ton of stuff outside of school, so I had the time to play a lot and wasn't as easily burnt out. Anymore, I take a month break every 2 months or so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    So, going against the heavily nostalgia-influenced opinion that TBC was the God of Expansions, that automatically makes it a troll thread? How... Absurd.
    That was the sole point, so yes. And no, not absurd.

TBC was the worst.

Ofcourse everyone will their opinions though.

The game has gotten better every expansion, and each expansion has been better than the last and improved upon the game and made it much better. By that logic, I would def rule BC as the worst expansion.

Without question game is a ton better now than it was during BC, reason why I play it. Glad of all the changes and work put into the game by Blizzard over the years.

BC was fun when it was there, but its absolute shit compared to the WoW we see today.

No contest.

Wish people would take a break from the nostalgia and see the great piece of work that WoW is today for what it is and all the work and innovation thats been put into it.
    Because zerging world bosses without being able to wipe unless you all go afk is such a big improvement for everyone. I guess that is just my nostalgia messing with my opinions, right?

I think you should take a break from the nostalgia when you think WotLK, Cata and MoP were better expansions. /facepalm

TBC was far from the worst expansion, I dont know why you bother creating threads like this if you share your opinion and everyone else doesnt agree with you. (Most of the opinions at least)

TBC and wotlk was the best expansions thus far. Vanilla wasnt an expansion so I'm not taking that into consideration.
    After wotlk the game fell miles compared to what it was previously, in MoP it went up a little bit and fell even further then Cata.

Ive never quit wow so many times in these 2 expansions as I have previously, I left in the end of TBC but that was due to real life stuff. (Was still quite young) :P

What I miss is this:

Raids were hard, like really fucking hard. Before you tell me "Oh well Kara was easy as shit" then you should have tried Karazhan at release. I think they nerfed the entire instance like 6 times.
    I raided hardcore in TBC, and if you take certain things into account. Like for example that there was an entire new tier of content released before any guilds killed the last boss of previous content. That acctually happened.
    This was also before stupid heroic mode was invented.

I like heroic mode and dont at the same time, the thing that makes me like it is that it makes it somewhat of a challenge. But the gear is just in a different color, nothing more special to it. Oh and you get "Heroic" infront of the name. Hurray!
    Instead of heroic mode they should have just continued developing Hard mode, a mode you can unlock in the encounter itself. The additional gear you get is different and is only obtainable in that mode.
    Instead they introduced heroic mode, same epics just 8 itemlevels higher. Oh and now the gear is orange or red instead of green and blue. You look totally awesome in red btw.

And the story itself in TBC and WOTLK was a million times better then Cata and MoP, but then again all this is a matter of opinion. If you think MoP was the best then it was the best. I personally hated MoP and Cata, it was boring..way to easy for my taste. Yes I could have just raided heroic mode instead, but for what? Its not incredibly much harder its just more challenging. Until you learn the fight.
    Back in TBC if 1 single person died you usually just blew up the raid due to specific mechanics on some encounters, this isnt happening anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    What? If anything, TBC made more specs viable. In vanilla, every guild had all Warriors as tanks; TBC was when Bears and Prot Paladins actually became viable and even desirable for certain fights.
    Maybe I was too general in my statement. But my dps warrior was not desirable for dungeons because of lacking cc and survivability. And my raiding guild didn't take anything but pure classes into raids.
    Mother pus bucket!

Oh and yeah just a last mention, you chose to compare the graphics of the zones with a new expansion. So what you will do next expansion is to compare the graphics in Cataclysm with Draenor and tell us all how shit that expansion was because of that reason?.. Seems legit