Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    MoP > WotLK > BC > Cata.

That's my opinion on the whole matter.

Now to wait for another thread like this to show up to share my opinion once more

I can't really quantify anything to prove why one expansion is better, I just know that so far I've been enjoying my time playing MoP more than I was in the first few months of any other expansion.

In particular I'm enjoying the raids more so than anything else.

I just noticed this. Blizzard removed the 4.3 trailer from their YouTube channel.

Mop > wrath > Cata > BC > vanilla

Best: BC- Active PVP in all brackets. Amazing environments and zones, still my favorite expansion to level through.
    Worst: Cata- Unbalanced PVP, low arena participation, raid gear BiS for a lot of pvp comps. New zones were interesting, but didn't hold my attention past the first time through.

The other 2(3) were/are somewhere in between.

Vanilla < TBC < Wrath < Cata < Mop

Nostalgic, maybe cos i was young and used alot of time playing in early expansions.
    mmo-champion has become full of trolls and bad admins.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it would be Mists > Wrath > Cataclysm > TBC.

The only reason I rank Wrath above Cataclysm is because of lore (I was a pretty huge Lich King and Warcraft III fan), because generally speaking, the game has only improved with each expansion. Of course every expansion has its ups and downs, its successes and failures, but overall, each expansion has improved over the previous one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Loved Wrath of the Lich King for the story. Something about joining forces with others against an uber baddie like the Lich King just felt epic. Cataclysm simplified the talent system but still left room for some creativity and for once, it was easier to spec a toon. Didn't get to play around a lot in Burning Crusade but the gear aesthetics were without a doubt more creative and better looking than other expansions. Mists of Pandaria just adds a mountain worth of content, hoping something will appease all types of players with no apparent creativity or innovation. For me, WOTLK was the best and Cataclysm was the worst. I view Cataclysm as the expansion that changed the direction of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by keksplace View Post
    Hello there.
    Im curious as to which you guys consider the best and worse expansion and WHY?
    I personally liked them in this order:
    TBC>WOTLK>CATA>MOP, exactly how they appeared. I havent played Vanilla so i dont know what was up there.

Why?
    Apart from LORE, which was best imo in TBC and worst in MoP and Cata, also there were a few requirement that would diferentiate the players.
    For example in TBC you had to work for pvp gear. If i remember right all the items except a few had arena rating requirement. Now even the 1000 rated guys can have all the gear they want except 1 or 2.

PVE was much harder, only around 200 guilds have seen Kil'jaedan in TBC (and that after the nerf), weaker guilds got disbanded which is great cos they knew they were weak. I count myself among the ones that have seen Kil'jaedan dead before nerf, but i dont wana brag about myself. There was guild competitions at that time.
    Even players were competing on DPS for example. Now they get legendaries and quit.
    Why would one get legendary and quit? I get legendary and destroy all others on DPS so bad that they ll remember me!

Now in MoP/Cata is like theres no competition anymore, and everyone can get what gear they want, and see what boss they want. Most players just play arena for points... to get gear only. Why get gear if you dont wana go up?

But anyway what do you guys think?
    To summarize: Asks a valid (though contentious) question. States, "I'm not an asshat." Goes on to give examples of why he's an asshat.

I loved TBC, except for not having the opportunity to access all of the content. I simply had no time to take on the second-job level of dedication in order to have fun playing a game.
    Last edited by Waarheid; 2013-01-03 at 12:49 AM.

Raids were not harder in TBC. The current HC raids are way harder than anything in TBC. The majority of players sucked back then, and still do today, but the skill of the "general raider" has improved A TON.

MoP > TBC > Cata > Classic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> WotLK

MoP and TBC might change spots if MoP goes down the road of Cata with superawesome first tier, medicore 2nd tier (with good last boss) and horrible last tier. Never played Classic other than on private server during WotLK, and judging from that, it was pretty bad compared to the game today, but anything is better than WotLK, period.

The only reason I rank Wrath above Cataclysm is because of lore (I was a pretty huge Lich King and Warcraft III fan)
    I had sooooooooo big hopes going into WotLK. I LOVED WC3, especially the Lore. Then we came to WotLK, and everything I had hoped for got ruined. Replacing the evil mastermind that was the WC3 LK with the most pathetic piece of shit I had ever seen. Not to mention the HORRIBLE Darth Vader voice (compare it to the LK voice and the LK/Arthas fusion a the end of WC3, just not compareable). I hate WotLK and everything about it, and hope we will never see something like that again.

Srry for the typos, got carried away while bashing WotLK.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2013-01-03 at 12:49 AM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

The people who claim to be longtime raiders and put Cata and wotlk before TBC have OBVIOUSLY never put a foot anywhere past the entrance of black temple and Sunwell,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    I just noticed this. Blizzard removed the 4.3 trailer from their YouTube channel.
    Leaving it up there would probably be bad for PR It was a shitty trailer for an even shittier raid.

That brings me to my personal rankings that nobody will care about but I feel like I must project my opinion unto this thread because that's what everyone else has done...

MoP > BC >>>>>>>>>> Wrath >>> Cata

Didn't play in Vanilla so no valid opinion there. Wrath made me quit, and Cata was lamesawce. BC and MoP are about equal but I like Pandaland better than Outland so far.

PS. Patch by patch content invalidation (4.3 and 3.3 5mans giving high level epics) is the worst idea ever and extremely demotivating to a raider

I have only played since BC so..

WOTLK > MOP > TBC > Cata

With Lich King and Mop being nearly equal !

Quote Originally Posted by keksplace View Post
    Why?
    Apart from LORE, which was best imo in TBC and worst in MoP and Cata, also there were a few requirement that would diferentiate the players.
    Eh, BC lore was pretty crap if you ask me. It just seemed great at the time since Vanilla had no lore to speak of. I think like a lot of BC hipsters you have massive nostalgia glasses on. For me on a lore front:

Wrath > MoP > Cata > BC > Vanilla

MoP has some awesome lore, but lacks the whole epic storyline Wrath had (don't think it's possible to recapture that really). Cataclysm lore had ups and downs but was still better than BC, which did have some interesting things in it but was thin on the ground in a lot of places, a lot of the side lore went nowhere and I was disappointed that all the most interesting parts ie KT, the Naga and Illidan just got turned into more bad guys to kill.

Also in terms of actual execution of storytelling in game, they've gotten immeasurably better at it since BC. Wrath was leaps and bounds ahead in that regard, with major storyline events playing out as you levelled, actually seeing Arthas, getting crucial backstory and that epic feel of being part of it etc. Cataclysm continued that level of storytelling and MoP is actually even better again (eg, random bits of awesome lore scattered around the world, the Lorewalkers, the 5.1 questchain, Wrathion...), only reason I put it behind Wrath is because Wrath had the edge on actual subject matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    TBC > MOP (Too early to say, but yeah) > Cataclysm > WOTLK > Vanilla

Reasoning, I agreed with TBC's progression model. I liked how you had to complete the last tier in order to progress on the next. In Cataclysm all you had to do was do a few DS dungeons and you'd be geared to firelands normal standards, skipping T11 and T12, it was the similar in WOTLK.
    I didn't do much vanilla raiding, so you're free to tell me I'm wrong and I won't really be able to argue, but from what limited raiding I did do, I gathered that 30% of the raid was just afking in the back while the other 70% simply worked harder, to make up for the slack.
    the problem was that yea YOU needed to run the previous content for current so you had to ask your GUILD who were more than likely already set for the newer stuff to constantly go back and re run the same dungeon even after it was 2 tiers old, tbc end content and guilds still had to keep going back into the raids that came out with the x-pac just so you could catch up... NOBODY liked constantly having to run kara for the entire x-pac, wanna know how you can tell the fake tbc players? cause they hit the forum cry bout having to run icc/ds for so long waiting on the next x-pac but than praises tbc for its raid progression...

Quote Originally Posted by dalliah1 View Post
    The people who claim to be longtime raiders and put Cata and wotlk before TBC have OBVIOUSLY never put a foot anywhere past the entrance of black temple and Sunwell,
    Yes because we all must agree with you or we're lying. No one can have a different opinion.
    /sarcasm
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Best: The Burning Crusade - Fixed a lot of issues which made impossible to enjoy end game if you played an off spec/class; introduced many good ideas, which people take for granted today. Every raid was fun and not stupid mechanically.

2nd best: Wrath of the Litch King - fallowed TBC by doing things right.

Worst: Cataclysm - with all the interesting improvements the game became boring, it really felt like everything was correct and yet it was really hard to stay motivated.

Almost as bad: mists of Pandaria - once again everything is done right, but it still gets boring fast.

Vanilla is not an expansion but the core game, so it can not be counted as a part of this list. However I would say it would fit in the middle, because the game had a lot of flaws but it was never boring.

Deleted
    Vanilla / Vanilla / Vanilla / Vanilla / MoP

Not that i am not enjoying the other but now days its like:

- Epic are the blue items from vanilla. When you got your first epic item in vanilla it was like: Well you know the feeling if you played it.
    - On vanilla people where more social and dedicated to play. Now days its like:
    1. Insert 24 random names has joined your raid group
    2. First boss, not a single word in chat.
    3. The tank dies. Random player starts to talk: "Kick tank", "l2p tank", "Nub", "Insert more random rant in here". Tank has left the raid group.
    4. In 10 man normal sometimes you need some random dps / tank / healer. You get your random player. First boss goes down in 1 go. Second boss goes down to 4%. Random pug: "This raid sucks i am leaving / fake dc'ing".

Vanilla was more social and satisfying for me. Killing a boss was really a challenge. And you always wondered. How does the room of boss 2 looks like? MoP is nice. But i just don't have that "epic vanilla feeling" any longer.

TBC>Vanilla>WoTLK>MoP>Cata
    Lore wise TBC and Vanilla had the most interactive world and good stories.
    The music in vanilla tbc and wrath was all fantastic, mop is good too.
    Raid progression is the best thing for so many reasons, vanilla and tbc take the win.
    And finally, the diff between vanilla and previous mmos(like eq) is so massive. Vanilla to TBC also had the largest amount of changes+content compared to any of the other expacs.

mop>wrath/cata>tbc>vanilla

wrath fixed alot of issues i had with wow. cata kept on being wrath while not adding anything new. 4.3 added transmogging which ive always wanted but the raid was really lacking

Deleted
    Best: Cataclysm
    Worst: MoP

i kid of course