Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    It was created so we are made to deal with our situation. It should not even be there. The markets will react very badly to the news. Thankfully the stock markets are closed tomorrow. They will re-open on Tuesday and if there is not something passed it will be bad economic for everyone. I find it a little disappointing. I disagree with Republicans on a certain level.

Its both reckless and not responsible for them not to least pass the tax cuts for 98 percent of the people.
    While I agree that there needs to be massive tax cuts for everyone. That isn't our only problem. We need to force our government to CUTCUTCUT SPENDING
    Last edited by Linkedblade; 2012-12-31 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    No no no, they're not. They are a force for good in so many ways. I think we're in a big mess that this single event isn't going to rectify, but taxes going up on almost all Americans is not good, not going to help matters. We need a deal.
    What force are they good for? They aren't for smaller government. They're not for freedom. They're not for equal rights.

They have been entirely bought by special interests. They run our government into the ground for their gain and then have the gall after 4 years of acting like petulant children to complain that the majority expects to have their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    No no no, they're not. They are a force for good in so many ways. I think we're in a big mess that this single event isn't going to rectify, but taxes going up on almost all Americans is not good, not going to help matters. We need a deal.
    Compromising with problems such as this is no good for anyone. You wind up with two shitty things combined together to make an even shittier deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Shâréz View Post
    I'd say it's both parties, combined with a two-party political system.
    Are the democrats perfect? Not at all, they can be pretty damn bad too. But they're not actively standing in the way of equal rights and they're sure as shit more willing to compromise than the GOP is.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    While I agree that there needs to be massive tax cuts for everyone. That isn't our only problem. We need to force our government to CUTCUTCUT
    massive tax cuts are what lead to this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Are the democrats perfect? Not at all, they can be pretty damn bad too. But they're not actively standing in the way of equal rights and they're sure as shit more willing to compromise than the GOP is.
    Well, I think for one, that the party that is less likely to give in to compromising their own beliefs is the better party. If you cave so easily on what you believe then what was the point in believing to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    No, it was massive tax cuts AND spending increases. Combined.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    I meant cut spending.

Well, I think for one, that the party that is less likely to give in to compromising their own beliefs is the better party. If you cave so easily on what you believe then what was the point in believing to begin with?
    The point of a government is to do things. When your ideology prevents you from getting things done to the point where you risk a second global recession then your inability to compromise is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    No, it was massive tax cuts AND spending increases. Combined.
    right. wars are expensive.

Considering the serious circumstances, don't you think that it'd be a lot easier if both parties were more willing to compromise?
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Somebodyelse View Post
    It's just another way for the republicans to fuck with Obama...it's that simple...By being dicks with this, the president have to "waste" his christmas vacations in Washington.

There's absolutely no way in hell they're dumb enough to let the shit hit the fan for real...

So to sum this up...It's just a big show and a pissing contest...nothing to see...
    Lol....your kidding me right? his vacation? .....I'm pretty sure that we are paying for his fucking "vacation" that costs more than a lot of people even make. He is the president and should not be sitting on his ass on a vacation in some of our worst times. If he wanted a job that gave him vacation time he chose the wrong one.

All i ever see every time i turn on the tv is "Obama is now on his way back from vacation with his family." Screw this guy and his stupid "lets do all the wrong things first before we get to the right one" shit.

Full time nursing student here, who also works a full time and part time job, made just under $20k last year, (pre-tax) received $2.5k in federal aid, "made too much money to be eligible for state aid" in NY, and despite living extremely frugally am looking at a larger and larger pile of debt due to school. I am seriously considering graduating, defaulting on my student loans, and moving to Europe to live and work. =) Think a MSN could find a good job in France, Switzerland, or Scandinavia? =)

Linkedblade, consider this, your man Ron Paul, what has his inability to compromise gotten done for him?

The point of a government is to do things. When your ideology prevents you from getting things done to the point where you risk a second global recession then your inability to compromise is a problem.
    That defeats the purpose of the Republican system of Government. The Majority has an ideal and they should stick to it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 05:31 PM ----------

Linkedblade, consider this, your man Ron Paul, what has his inability to compromise gotten done for him?
    Gave him the reputation of being the most consistent politician of all time!

Consistently way out in right field. The dude is an absolute lunatic.

Quote Originally Posted by mumbo14 View Post
    Lol....your kidding me right? his vacation? .....I'm pretty sure that we are paying for his fucking "vacation" that costs more than a lot of people even make. He is the president and should not be sitting on his ass on a vacation in some of our worst times. If he wanted a job that gave him vacation time he chose the wrong one.

All i ever see every time i turn on the tv is "Obama is now on his way back from vacation with his family." Screw this guy and his stupid "lets do all the wrong things first before we get to the right one" shit.
    he takes less vacation than congress. and thats besides "we decided not to vote today, c ya" days.

That defeats the purpose of the Republican system of Government. The Majority has an ideal and they should stick to it.
    And when their ideology means nothing at all happens then fuck that.
    Oh well I'm glad he has a reputation. Generally want politicians to actually do things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Consistently way out in right field. The dude is an absolute lunatic.
    You mean the "right" where the Republican party used to be. True Libertarian Conservative? The party that used to believe in civil rights. The party that brought Andrew Jackson to shutting down the National Bank. The party that brought Abraham Lincoln to free the slaves. The party that brought Ronal Reagen to stop the economic disaster of the 1980's. Are you kidding me?

You mean the "right" where the Republican party used to be. True Libertarian Conservative? The party that used to believe in civil rights. The party that brought Andrew Jackson to shutting down the National Bank. The party that brought Abraham Lincoln to free the slaves. The party that brought Ronal Reagen to stop the economic disaster of the 1980's. Are you kidding me?
    You think the Republicans of Lincoln's time were the conservatives? You need a serious history lesson.