Lavaburst cast numbers

I'm trying to help out an ele sham and just by browsing logs I'm seeing he isn't casting nearly as many lava bursts as our other shaman. Gear is about the same and the lower caster is goblin so I doubt haste is the issue. Just comparing to the other ele in raid, I have 107 casts v. 86. Is there a buff that might affect this besides ascendance and lava surge?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1620&e=2094

Paion is the sham in question, you can check boboseidon for a much higher amount of lava bursts.
    Last edited by rmlunsford; 2013-01-01 at 12:36 AM.

You want to look at Flame Shock uptime, since that is the part that is critical. Go to the buffs cast tab on his player tab. He had 89% FS uptime compared to 99% for Boboseidon, which is a huge problem and why he had 34 Lava Surge procs to 45.

Quote Originally Posted by tibbee View Post
    You want to look at Flame Shock uptime, since that is the part that is critical. Go to the buffs cast tab on his player tab. He had 89% FS uptime compared to 99% for Boboseidon, which is a huge problem and why he had 34 Lava Surge procs to 45.
    Would that account for all 20 of those casts? You figure if he had an additional 11 lava surge procs that would shave off 16.5 seconds, but that doesnt appear to equate to 20 casts.

No, it would just account for 11 of them, and possibly not even quite 11 (sometimes you can get a proc just as LvB is off CD anyway, often not actually increasing the casts you can get in). He probably just isn't casting it immediately on CD either.

The Flame Shock uptime is big, that is mentioned above. What caught my eye though is that Boboseidon has 64.7 seconds of uptime on 45 Lava Surge procs, or 1.44 seconds per proc on average. Paion has 92.7 seconds of uptime on 34 procs, for a whopping 2.73 seconds per proc on average. That's longer than a lightning bolt cast, and likely longer than the interval between Flame Shocks. It is entirely possible that while he is sitting on a Lava Surge proc it is overwritten with another one.

Fix the Flame Shock uptime and use up those Lava Surge procs faster and things will improve nicely.