Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Do you guys over analyze commercials?

Ever since "I've fallen and I can't get up" I've been an commercial buff. I will dissect commercials for every flaw and inconsistency. Anyone else do this or am I just weird?

I swear to god commercials make me laugh out loud at how ludicrous they are. I just love to pick them apart ..sometimes I will mimic them out loud just so everyone else in the room sees how stupid they are.

I know I must not be the only one who does this.

Thankfully my brain auto switches off whenever adverts come on TV.

Ive been on the internet for nearly 20 years and i still have not clicked on a single advertisement banner.

Some people get drawn into what others tell them to buy, i was fortunate enough to be born with a brain of my own.

Unless you have some other thing you're doing during commercial breaks, it's about the only thing there to occupy your mind.

It certainly annoys my family, who either have handheld games or have mastered the art of turning the brain off for precisely 5 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Maybe I just love stupid commercials and breaking them down to their basic stupidity.

Deleted
    No, I tend to blank out all commercials.

I used to do that but its been so long since the last time I watched tv.

Nope. I don't really pay attention to commercials unless they're shit like the Old Spice Guy or they annoy me. One in particular was a commercial for tampons with a woman obnoxiously complaining about obnoxious tampon commercials.

You must be a really interesting person.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Nope. I don't really pay attention to commercials unless they're shit like the Old Spice Guy or they annoy me. One in particular was a commercial for tampons with a woman obnoxiously complaining about obnoxious tampon commercials.
    Thats what I'm talking about right there lol. You hit it right on the head.

i don't. commercials with annoying music piss me off, but i usually just barely pay attention to them. like, if i hear something interesting i'll pay attention. but i never get to far into it or anything.

Yeah, I do. It's interesting the way they try to manipulate people.

For example, putting away dishes. Look at how absurdly difficult they make it look:

http://i.imgur.com/uxOCD.gif

[QUOTE=Dacien;19650681]Yeah, I do. It's interesting the way they try to manipulate people.

For example, putting away dishes. Look at how absurdly difficult they make it look:

HAHA I remember that commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post

i love these american tell-sell adds..
    So stupid, and even when selling the product the're acting so bad.
    (But i have also heard that's the way americans are, accords to friends who been there )

Ah well, it is hard to sit with a plate on yer lap. or remove a screw.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    There are times I think some commercials are intentionally over the top, just for people who do over-analyze them. For some folks, if they absolutely despise a commercial, it sticks with them better than people who liked it or didn't care.

Sometimes I like websites with ads you can personalize manually. On Hulu, it asks you if a commercial is relevant to you. One day I started always clicking "Yes" on alcohol ads. I started getting commercials about the dangers of drunk driving and ads for condoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post

Well... lol. When you're dealing with THOSE Tupperware things, they can be! lol Plastic stuff like that is so annoying and actually can do that a lot. But I agree otherwise.

Thankfully I haven't seen a commercial in a very long time. But I do over analyze things in general so I would think I probably would, also "I've fallen and I can't get up" may have been one of the best commercials ever, it's only rival would be seabond dental paste or the hoveround ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never really put that much thought into commercials; if I want something, I'll research it then. The media telling you what you need is not going to produce a healthy checkbook.

I over-analyze them just for laughs.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why on earth would you analyze commercials, you should be trying to avoid them! I almost never watch any commercials, its easy to avoid.
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

10+ Year Old Account
    nope i couldnt care less about commercials, got addblock for interwebs , when/if im watching tv i just switch channels when commercial block starts (often forgeting what i was watching ^^)