Page 57 of 74 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Humbugged, less/no RP please, there is an appropriate place for that http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/300-Role-Playing

If you're serious, I'm at a loss of words, maybe a shrink can help you out?
    Last edited by mmoc041784c2d8; 2013-01-26 at 04:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It is like the never ending story ,unless this thread is locked I doubt we will ever get a conclusion.
    That is largely due to you not understanding that the Sunreaver's situation is completely different from the other "traitor scenarios" you brought forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasconcellos View Post
    Humbugged, less/no RP please, there is an appropriate place for that.
    Thats not even RP. I gank every Blood Elf in sight, I've never rolled one and never will, and Blood Elves who say "For the Horde" make me cringe.

I absolutely DESPISE Blood Elf players, I won't even heal one in BGs.

Oh and I should clarify that I play Alliance on Mannoroth, a US PvP server, and Horde on Mal'Ganis, a US-PvP server. I dont even touch RP realms, but I probably would if they weren't 50% BE players.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2013-01-26 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    snip
    I haven't laughed so hard in quite some time, thank you for your amusing post.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-01-26 at 05:02 PM.

Deleted
    And do you think 1% of the original is "a large amount of high elves", like you said? If so, before the Scourge, Quel Thalas must have been like China or India.
    ...besides, until 5.1, the Silver Covenant was not a part of the Alliance since they are under the Kirin Tor, and therefore neutral.
    You were acting as if there were hardly any high elves left at all. I proved you wrong.

Don't act as if the high elves belong to the Horde.

They were, and no one really liked it, because it poses a threat to even all other races of the Horde, it's obvious the Forsaken are only in the Horde due to personal interest against the Human threat on "their" lands, just like the BEs are only in because they had to find someone willing to help them. In fact, this goes on to prove what Lor'themar said, that the (current) Horde exists in reaction to the Alliance, which also means that it's much more fragile. The Alliance is a true alliance based on friendship, the Horde is not.
    By supporting the Horde, the Blood Elves are enabling genocide.

By calling them "vampires" you are already showing hostility towards the faction/race, it's stupid to even argue with someone like you, which is why this is the last post I make replying to your nonesense. And by the way, Blood Elves enjoyed demons so much, they went into a civil war with Kael after just one year. What's next, you're going to say they aren't over it because they still have his statues in Silvermoon?
    All I am saying is it might not be easy to trust magic addicted vampires after they sided with demons.

If you were Alliance, the real Alliance, not Garithos, and you saw that Kael'thas had allied with Illidan then the Burning Legion would you be quick to reach out your hand in friendship? Kidnapping a Naaru in order to suck the magic out of it really sealed their fate.

There we go again, pointless arguments again.
    Garithos was a cunt, but he was the de facto leader because he was the GRAND MARSHAL, he exploited the High/Blood Elves in an even worse way the current Horde under Garrosh is doing because he hated them for his family events during the Second War. The difference is that the Horde will turn on it's stupid leader, and the Alliance didn't. Bad leaders can make tragic decisions and consequences.
    It doesn't matter if another Alliance leader would have done something different or not because THAT'S NOT WHAT HAPPENED, SO, AGAIN, IT DOES NOT MATTER.
    You are letting the actions of one man speak for the entire Alliance. One man who should never have been put in a position of authority in the first place.

Again, I didn't say anything about Gilneas, you are just assuming I think it was a fair attack, I didn't say it was - and it wasn't, if that makes you happy.
    In fact, having played Warcraft 2 at the time, and prior to showing up on WoW, Gilneas was my favourite Human Kingdom, after Stromgarde. I don't even like the Horde that much, I've played mostly on Alliance for nearly 8 years, it's you making false assumptions on people to favour your point of view.
    And yes, Jaina was WAY out of her head, just like Arthas was during the culling of Stratholme when he was still the Prince. She has now crossed the threshold, what happens next is unknown, but I don't see her having a happy ending.
    When Arthas killed the people of Stratholme they were already zombies. It was Wrath of the Lich King that turned him into a 1 dimensional villain.

The Sunreavers exploited Dalaran's neutrality to aid Garrosh and Jaina had every right to put an end to it and guarantee that it never happened again. She simply couldn't afford to take the risk with people who were already loyal to the Horde.

I don't know if you're just trolling or genuinely can't understand stuff. Let me make you an analogy so you can understand:

1. Country E is being attacked and raped by country S, and needs help.
    2. Their natural allies, country H and his friends the A, don't lend aid and instead sends spies for whatever stupid reason.
    3. Unexpectedly, country F offers country E assistence, and they accept it because otherwise they might perish.
    4. After countries F and E defeat country S, F invites E into his group of friends, the group HR.
    5. If war breaks between group HR and group A, it's natural that country E stands by the ones that helped them, not doing so would be betrayal.

All seems pretty natural, with the exception of point 2.
    The Blood Elves sided with undead who are spreading the plague again and orcs who have returned to their genocidal warrior roots.

Good job. But they helped you so it's ok, right?

I didn't say it was a decent reason for the events that followed, quite the opposite, which is why I labelled the Alliance actons to send spies as "stupid".

Common sense and history would most say the Alliance should send assistance to the Blood Elves, not only granting an old ally back, but getting a strong foothold on northern Azeroth to fight the Scourge and eventually take back Lordaeron. Unfortunetly that's not what Blizzard decided.
    The events that led Elves into the Horde afterwards were pretty acceptable because it could have happened with the Alliance aswell, it just turned out that the ones helping them were Forsaken under Sylvanas (a cunt, by the way) instead of Humans.
    I wish it didn't go that way, but it did. Now suck it like everyone else did.
    Blizzard rewrote the lore in order to give the Horde a pretty race. That's all. Everything else is a stretch of the imagination used to justify it. Before Blood Elves infected the Horde the Horde was actually a more mature faction. The problem is it was also underpopulated. Back in the early days of WoW the WoW devs could not afford to let that happen, which is why the Horde had all the best PVP racials as well.

Blizz have always, always been biased towards the Horde, and mages as well, but that's another story. They were lucky that they had a monopoly on the market otherwise no one would have tolerated this nonsense.

So after Silvermoon was wiped out by the undead, the Blood Elves joined forces with the undead. That's the biggest lorelol WoW has ever seen even compared to Protoss paladins. But hey, I still miss TBC. If you want to take that lorelol seriously then simply by siding with the Horde they became the Alliance's enemy. That makes sense, doesn't it? /sarcasm
    Last edited by mmoc614a3ed308; 2013-01-26 at 05:07 PM.

Deleted
    I give up, you're hopeless, massive logical falacies and argument/timeline distortion. Bye, I don't have time/patience for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    That is largely due to you not understanding that the Sunreaver's situation is completely different from the other "traitor scenarios" you brought forth.
    It isn't completely different they are full fledged members of the Kirin Tor and should be treated as such. The right thing to do would be to investigate who is responsible, instead of purging them and not making those that are neutral your enemies.

It is very similar to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sippenhaft

I give up, you're hopeless, massive logical falacies and argument/timeline distortion. Bye, I don't have time/patience for this.
    I look at your sig, and this is exactly what I imagined you'd say.

I absolutely DESPISE Blood Elf players, I won't even heal one in BGs

The who Purge of Dalaran veyr much reminds me of the Movie UNTHINKABLE with Samuel L Jackson.

His is brought in to get information from a man who has planted 4 nuclear weapons in cities and wont speak. He tortures the man every hour of every day for a week. The guy doesnt crack, even ones giving false information that brang loss of life.

In the end he does the "unthinkable" killing the mans innocent wife and get information leading to the location of some of the nukes. The man still wont tell all, and when Samuel L Jackson really gets ready to do the most horrific thing to the man, he is stopped by the military who wont let him.... and the twist at the end was CRAZY! Great movie, very reminiscent of The Purge.

Kill the innocent or risk massive loss of life.

Should a few die for the many
    or
    Should fate dictate who lives no matter how many lives hang in the balance on either side of the issue?

Deleted
    I look at your sig, and this is exactly what I imagined you'd say.
    I wasn't talking to you, but thanks for feeling hurt by it, it's pretty funny you think it was, I'm sure there's a reason for it.

Oh and treating/judging people based on what they play, it's really, REALLY stupid. Go see a shrink or move to the RP section.

I wasn't talking to you, but thanks for feeling hurt by it, it's pretty funny.

Oh and treating/judging people based on what they play, it's really, REALLY stupid. Go see a shrink or move to the RP section.
    Hurt by it? Yes, yes I'm extremely hurt by it. It saddens me that Blood Elves don't like me, even though I /spit on them no matter if Im on my Dwarf warrior or Troll priest. I don't understand why you think I belong in the RP section, everyone RPs as Blood Elves, I'd rip them to shreds. Moderators probably feel a tingle down their spine if I even click the link to the RP sections.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hurt by it? Yes, yes I'm extremely hurt by it. It saddens me that Blood Elves don't like me, even though I /spit on them no matter if Im on my Dwarf warrior or Troll priest. I don't understand why you think I belong in the RP section, everyone RPs as Blood Elves, I'd rip them to shreds. Moderators probably feel a tingle down their spine if I even click the link to the RP sections.
    Definitely a big-time RPer here. Sorry, but you're making this lore WAY too personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    You were acting as if there were hardly any high elves left at all. I proved you wrong.

Don't act as if the high elves belong to the Horde.
    In consequence, there are so few high elves left on Azeroth today that they cannot be considered a race in anything other than the biological sense. High elves do not gather in any significant numbers, nor do they act as a coordinated whole. They are a very small group of individuals scattered all over the world. As such, they do not have common opinions or goals. Indeed, modern high elves cannot even truly be said to have a culture--only a past filled with glory and regret.[10]
    As a people, the high elves are all but extinct: the remnants of the remnants of a fallen race.

By supporting the Horde, the Blood Elves are enabling genocide.
    By working against Garrosh they don't, so what is your point.

All I am saying is it might not be easy to trust magic addicted vampires after they sided with demons.
    They didn't side with demons otherwise KIl'jaeden would have been welcomed with open arms in Azeroth. I don't recall that ever to happen.

You are letting the actions of one man speak for the entire Alliance. One man who should never have been put in a position of authority in the first place.
    More like the actions of every human under Garithos command they were jut as rotten as him, as you can see during the escape mission in WC tft.

The Sunreavers exploited Dalaran's neutrality to aid Garrosh and Jaina had every right to put an end to it and guarantee that it never happened again. She simply couldn't afford to take the risk with people who were already loyal to the Horde.
    You have a point there, still she pushed them truly into the horde now

The Blood Elves sided with undead who are spreading the plague again and orcs who have returned to their genocidal warrior roots

The blood elves let the forsaken help them, because no one else would. After Sylvanas forced them to deploy troops to Northrend the two are not on the best of terms, or do you recall a single blood elf helping the forsaken in their advances in Cataclysm, the answer is none were present.

Blizzard rewrote the lore in order to give the Horde a pretty race. That's all. Everything else is a stretch of the imagination used to justify it. Before Blood Elves infected the Horde the Horde was actually a more mature faction. The problem is it was also underpopulated. Back in the early days of WoW the WoW devs could not afford to let that happen, which is why the Horde had all the best PVP racials as well.
    Yeah right, kiddies were everywhere the most annoying were on the the horde, because they could play the evil guys.

So after Silvermoon was wiped out by the undead, the Blood Elves joined forces with the undead. That's the biggest lorelol WoW has ever seen even compared to Protoss paladins. But hey, I still miss TBC. If you want to take that lorelol seriously then simply by siding with the Horde they became the Alliance's enemy. That's makes sense, doesn't it? /sarcasm
    The Alliance and horde weren't officially at war until Cataclysm, not to mention for the blood elves their pact with the Horde had been out of convenience not because they trust or value them.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-01-26 at 05:19 PM.

Deleted
    gibberish
    lol..priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    Definitely a big-time RPer here. Sorry, but you're making this lore WAY too personal.
    I come from a realm where Min/Maxing is key for getting in with the best guilds. Mal'Ganis is home to Goon Squad, Elitist Jerks etc. etc. People who roll Blood Elves are thought up as Alliance rerolls, come from another server, just in it for the looks etc. etc. If you aren't a BE paladin or priest, you face some ridicule.

On top of that, so what if I like lore and take it personally? I enjoy a good story. I don't go walking around saying "How are ye, Aye, I be the Dwarf of thee Iron Mountain" I've never RP'd in game.

Edit: Sometimes I get in character on the forums for laughs and beer jokes.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2013-01-26 at 05:24 PM.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I come from a realm where Min/Maxing is key for getting in with the best guilds. Mal'Ganis is home to Goon Squad, Elitist Jerks etc. etc. People who roll Blood Elves are thought up as Alliance rerolls, come from another server, just in it for the looks etc. etc. If you aren't a BE paladin or priest, you face some ridicule.

On top of that, so what if I like lore and take it personally? I enjoy a good story. I don't go walking around saying "How are ye, Aye, I be the Dwarf of thee Iron Mountain" I've never RP'd in my life.
    I used to play on Mal'Ganis back in TBC (I used to be in Goon Squad, as a matter of fact), and it's nothing like you say. Blood elves do just fine as most classes (Arcane Torrent can be very useful if used correctly), even if Min/Maxing. And yes, I think you're an RPer because you take the lore personally. Doing a /spit on blood elves just because they're blood elves is pretty much RPing, as you don't seem to have any other valid reason to do so.

Enjoying a story is fine, but you're going all Team Edward/Jacob here.

Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    I used to play on Mal'Ganis back in TBC (I used to be in Goon Squad, as a matter of fact), and it's nothing like you say. Blood elves do just fine as most classes (Arcane Torrent can be very useful if used correctly), even if Min/Maxing. And yes, I think you're an RPer because you take the lore personally. Doing a /spit on blood elves just because they're blood elves is pretty much RPing, as you don't seem to have any other valid reason to do so.

Enjoying a story is fine, but you're going all Team Edward/Jacob here.
    Phew, you're right. Getting a bit too carried away now.

But Mal'Ganis is unforgiving on Blood Elf Hunters and Warriors. I've seen this myself and in trade chat (But its trade, so who cares). But you and I have very different definitions of RP.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is like the never ending story ,unless this thread is locked I doubt we will ever get a conclusion.
    It makes for amusing reading . Kinda why I stopped properly discussing this thread long ago. The argument being made now are questionable at best. It's for the best if everybody just ignored this thread now and let newer topics that haven't been discussed for months on end get some light.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    It makes for amusing reading . Kinda why I stopped properly discussing this thread long ago. The argument being made now are questionable at best. It's for the best if everybody just ignored this thread now and let newer topics that haven't been discussed for months on end get some light.
    Well moving in circles is fun from time to time, arguing for the sake of the Argument, though I must agree this thread should die down ;P

Deleted
    In consequence, there are so few high elves left on Azeroth today that they cannot be considered a race in anything other than the biological sense. High elves do not gather in any significant numbers, nor do they act as a coordinated whole. They are a very small group of individuals scattered all over the world. As such, they do not have common opinions or goals. Indeed, modern high elves cannot even truly be said to have a culture--only a past filled with glory and regret.[10]
    As a people, the high elves are all but extinct: the remnants of the remnants of a fallen race.
    They exist. They are 1% of what they were. The Blood Elves are 9%. By your logic the Blood Elves are all but extinct as well (in that context meaning very nearly).

By working against Garrosh they don't, so what is your point.
    They have already contributed to the Horde war machine.

They didn't side with demons otherwise KIl'jaeden would have been welcomed with open arms in Azeroth. I don't recall that ever to happen.
    This is another lorelol. Before TBC nearly all the Blood Elves went to Outland. Now suddenly Silvermoon still stands.

Kaelthas sided his people with Illidan then the Burning Legion. The fact that people turned on him and didn't support him is a step in the right direction, but the current Blood Elves are still supporting Garrosh. They have helped to set the stage for war crimes.

More like the actions of every human under Garithos command they were jut as rotten as him, as you can see during the escape mission in WC tft.
    People follow orders. It wasn't the majority of the Alliance and Garrosh certainly wasn't the true voice of the Alliance. Jaina was and she helped the orcs stop the Burning Legion.

But Alliance are all racists and the Blood Elves need to join the Horde to RAGE against the evil Alliance machine, right?

You have a point there, still she pushed them truly into the horde now
    If they want to help a war criminal that's up to them.

The blood elves let the forsaken help them, because no one else would. After Sylvanas forced them to deploy troops to Northrend the two are not on the best of terms, or do you recall a single blood elf helping the forsaken in their advances in Cataclysm, the answer is none were present.
    The Blood Elves are a part of the Horde. That means if the Alliance were to focus on the Forsaken they'd leave themselves vulnerable in other parts of the world to the Horde's allies, like the Blood Elves. Until the Blood Elves distance themselves from the Horde war machine they are the enemy.

Yeah right, kiddies were everywhere the most annoying were on the the horde, because they could play the evil guys.
    There were less children in the Horde back then. Everyone wanted to play Night Elf female hunters or humans. Blood Elves attracted that crowd to the Horde.

I always see the Horde as the faction you join if you want to be carried. Carried by the supposedly better players and for a long time better racials.

The Alliance and horde weren't officially at war until Cataclysm, not to mention for the blood elves their pact with the Horde had been out of convenience not because they trust or value them.
    So after two full scale wars where the orcs nearly wiped out the Alliance, the Blood Elves siding with the Alliance's enemy wasn't a problem? The Blood Elves became the enemy the moment they decided to help the Horde.
    Last edited by mmoc614a3ed308; 2013-01-26 at 05:49 PM.