Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    If i wanted to kill someone i wouldnt need a gun, i could use a pen or a pencil or a kitchen knife or fuck i could slit thier throats with the cards in my wallet, Lets outlaw all of them. Just becuase somenthing is easy to use to kill someone doesnt make it the objects fault. Plenty of people get stabbed when getting in fights with spouses or family members in kitchens yet i dont see a holy crusade to ban knifes.

If someone wants to get a gun to shoot and kill people im pretty fucking sure a ban isnt going to stop them. I dont do drugs at all but in under an hour i could have my pick of illegal drugs. Just becuase somthing is illegal doesnt mean that it will stop people from doing it or using it. If i remember correctly from the new stories the dude that shot up the school didnt even use his rifle he shot the kids with a pistol.
    But a gun is very efficient in doing it. Be serious, do you think you would be kill 10 people with bare hands? Being illigal makes it difficult for people to access the thing that is illigal, but does not make it impossible. Everyone acknowledges that. The point of these laws is to make it difficult for general population to get the guns, since general population are stupid, and general population turns into criminal mostly. Just think about it if everyone had a gun with them, how are you going to know you are going to get shot, anywhere even in your house by guests. You can not be on your guard all the time. Even if you are on your guard, whoever fires the first shot going to win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    the issue now is not crimes

its how we compare to the rest of the world

10k+ a year die to guns in the u.s
    it was like 40 per European country and other developed nations
    people will resort to murder with other methods if they don't have guns

how do other countries compare with knife / poison / etc.

comparing gun murders between 2 countries, one with guns and one without guns isn't really the best use of mental prowess.
    so you compare other types of murders, or murders overall, since taking someones life, no matter how, is indeed still taking someones life, whether it be by gun poison knife asphyxiation etc.

so just compare murder per capita, and violent crimes as a whole, not all gun crimes result in deaths(you'd be surprised how many gang bangers can't hit anything further than point blank range lol, usinga gun and not knowing how to "use" it...should be ashamed.)
    but in the same was as not all knife crimes poisons etc result in death, so overall attempts should be looked at as well

2 things, as stated before murders generally happen between criminals,

1, the world is overpopulated as it is.
    2, murders act as a neo-darwinism (murder someone and spend the next 50 years in jail = not likely to reproduce, however if you are smart enough to get away with it, your brilliant genes are added into future pools)

because of those, and i am actually being serious here, any criminal vs criminal murders i'll actually condone,
    as soon as innocents(yes i know, no one is really innocent) are involved though...

what the world as a whole should be thinking of actually, is how to turn criminals against each other more often.

(also...please don't "so Christan you are saying if someone isn't smart enough to hide from a burglar and ends up getting shot, because of darwinism you support their death"

no, only criminals killing criminals will i support, or normal people killing people accused of heinous crimes...
    things like repeat offenders for the more terrible of crimes.
    (i was actually happy that Australian pedophile died, still unsure if natural or if someone helped out their community)
    Last edited by Christan; 2013-01-01 at 07:07 AM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    overall crime has gone down since the early 90s at an astronomical rate

want to know why?

College became more accessible to much more people (although this is changing) *people who commit crimes tend to be younger, college keeps them busy after high school*
    drug usage has gone down *especially on harder drugs*
    gang violence is down which is related to the drug usage drop. *less sales*

and a few other reasons

btw since the early 90s a few more gun restrictions :\

So tell me, hows that gun ban working in Mexico? Or Chicago? Or DC? And I'm sure CHinese Citizens love the Ban in China where they now are at thee total whim of their government. You can say we that Gun against The Government is a crock of shit but if you do strip away the guns, how much longer until someone in power goes "hey...."

By the way in my town we ARE gun toting Rednecks and we have Zero Deaths from gun crimes
    Last edited by Locruid; 2013-01-01 at 07:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but our gun crime is still absurdly high.

---------- Post added 2013-01-01 at 02:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    So tell me, hows that gun ban working in Mexico? Or Chicago? Or DC? And I'm sure CHinese Citizens love the Ban in China where they now are at thee total whim of their government. You can say we that Gun against The Government is a crock of shit but if you do strip away the guns, how much longer until someone in power goes "hey...."

By the way in my town we ARE gun toting Rednecks and we have Zero Deaths from gun crimes
    Gun ban != gun restriction
    Putin khuliyo

want to know why?

College became more accessible to much more people (although this is changing) *people who commit crimes tend to be younger, college keeps them busy after high school*

and a few other reasons

Yeah, yes it did, that is true in a way the world today is safer than it ever was.

College part, i disagree, tuition has never been more expensive than it is now, look at tuition prices 20 years ago and compare with today (talking about US) The only thing that became more accessible is enriched parents from the 90s economy and more college loans (who enslave kids for 20 years anyway) in a sense, such debts can create crime on their own.

Accessible college you have in Europe, where most countries tuitions are between 600-3000 euros a YEAR, not the 20k+ a semester, accessible... lol.
    Far more people do go to college though, many times due to the notions that without a college degree you cant get a job, it is not due to accessibility...
    But true, the result is the same, kids are in college instead of being out in the streets.

Drug usage went down? nope, not at all, harder drugs? yep, astronomically, but mild drugs? never been higher, which is what leads to your next point.
    Gang violence went down a lot, not because of less sales, but because there are so many buyers gangs no longer have to fight for territory, they will get plenty of buyers everywhere so no need to "wage war" at all. Your economics are a tad rusty :P Competition only exists in scarcity (that is why capitalist countries create fake scarcities, to increase competition because their central dogma is that competition is good (in short term yes, long term, lol no), no scarcity of either drugs or buyers? no competition, no gang crime.

I dont think the tiny gun restrictions that have happened since the 90s have contributed in any way to reduce crime, its not nearly enough...criminals get their guns anyway, specially since those laws are never retroactive *oh you bought a gatling gun that was made before the 1986? sure pal, you can keep it just make sure you dont go shooting it at people or sell it to a crimelord, we TRUST YOU.

But resuming it, yep, it is safer than it ever was, it really is, there are more dog attacks putting people in hospitals than crime (and people are afraid of sharks lol)

Deleted
    Like anything, gun crime is mostly caused by assholes. If it wasn't gun crime it would be knife crime and so on. What we need to do, is find a way to stop people from being assholes....

hmmm.

Leave it with me :P

10+ Year Old Account

Looking through some of the replies from people who clearly think they still live in the wild west, comparing it to a country who's regulated by drug lords as much as the military (Mexico), 2 states in the US where a ban didn't involve turning in the gun's you already owned (Chicago n' DC).., if this is the logic of the average American citizen, then it makes sense that nothing of value comes from the Senate or Congress, and when it does it's because their forced into an agreement because the outcome otherwise is shit for everyone including those who are in power. (Recent financial agreement)

It's a well known fact, that if something is illegal it's harder to come by (Not the same as impossible), simply saying, lets give it to this group of people also and see if that changes anything is stupidity beyond belief (Teachers)

Off the top of my head, I can think of Mexico n' perhaps Brazil that rivals the US in the statistic of gun related murders.., one would have to be pretty fucking thick not to want to do something rational about that statistic, but I guess until the political structure and lobbyism changes in DC, these retarded suggestions is all there will be, as more guns = more money to those investing in weapon related companies.

Some legacy to hand down to the coming generations, and some fucked up system to raise kids in!- I certainly hope parents keep their kids at home if the suggestion comes to pass, just to let everyone know what's right, and what's plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Like anything, gun crime is mostly caused by assholes. If it wasn't gun crime it would be knife crime and so on. What we need to do, is find a way to stop people from being assholes....

hmmm.

Leave it with me :P
    True and not true.
    A gun gives a far more strong feeling of power and control, having a knife... not so much.

Who do you think is more likely to do something? a guy in a fight with a knife? or a guy with a gun? the guy with the gun obviously.
    People easily get drunk with power and do things without thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am glad to know that I am more likely to survive a violent assaulted in my country rather than probably dying in that other country.

sooooooooo organizations who lobby to the government are not to be trusted...but the government is.

Why is it most right winged gun owners think the government is going "takeover" if there is more restrictions on firearms. Seriously what would make you think this? Your little shotgun/pistol would be near useless anyways if the government really wanted to take out it's citizens, not like there is still a reason why they would anyways? These people always confuse me I'm neither pro/against guns, I realize banning/heavily restricting is too late with there being like 300 million guns in the US.

want to know why?

and a few other reasons

That's one theory, but here's another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk6gOeggViw

For those too lazy to watch the video, Steven Levitt from Freakonomics notices that the drop in crime lines up perfectly with the age of "unwanted" babies hitting prime age for crime. His theory is that these children would have been raised in toxic environments with parents who couldn't or wouldn't raise them properly.

Morbid as it may be, there's an extremely strong statistical correlation here. It's hard to argue with the science.
    Last edited by Abysal; 2013-01-01 at 09:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Coming from Russia and having been to more than a dozen other countries, I can easily say that the US really isn't that bad at all.
    Coming from America and having been to 20 different countries myself, I agree with you!

Oh, and most American tourists really aren't that bad; I think it's a mix of American travelers wanting to break out of the stereotype that most tourists do have, and the fact that few of the ignorant Americans are going to willingly set foot in Russia.
    I think I'm one of those you guys get frustrated though. I was in Moscow once when I saw a guy with a pet monkey on the street. As I approached, the monkey held it's hands up to me with palms open. Being the weary (Russia was a stop on a very long trip) but curious traveler that I was, I momentarily thought it was a good idea to put my fingers in its hands so it could hold them. Bad idea. Little bastard bit my hand and broke the skin. Both my roommate who grew up in Russia and the street performer were not happy with me. I had not done my research on street monkeys; all I knew is it looked playful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    Just you wait, some day a moose will swim over to Denmark and go on a rampage
    Time to time a mosse do swim over the Öresund from Sweden to Denmark, and the newspapers go rampage....

Do somebody know if its a real difference between a elk and moose? or it is just different people who have different ideas what the animal is called. Mooses are relay dangerous, they lay in ambush alongside roads and wait to jump out in front of cars.

There is a direct correlation between guns and murders related to guns.

Who wants to challenge my way of thinking?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    Guns dont kill people. people do. Can i have American gun laws in Denmark so i can protect myself soon? Please? pretty tired of people destroying my property because whatever shit annoyed them leftwing activists last. Keep going US, keep going!
    The fact that you want guns in Denmark to shoot some randoms breaking your lawn gnome shows that law is put there good and you shouldn't get guns. You can use pepper spray to protect yourself.

Looking at the stats, i am glad i live in civilised England.

Even though i feel England is under a period of social degeneration, caused by the past few years of mass immigration, the rest of the World should be put to shame with their conduct of behaviour.

well, i feel that with a population so large, eventually your going to get bad eggs there really isn't anything you can do to stop crazies being born. also violent crime is pretty broad terminology, its quite common to see multiple punch ups in any town in the uk on a weekend. for which both parties spend the night in the clink and that would be considered violent crime.

it probably would be a hell of a lot worst over here if most ppl could legally own firearms.

although i do consider the average American to not be a complete idiot or they would of wiped themselves out years ago, but it really does come down to the few ruining it for the many.

You are more likely to killed in your car, struck by lightening, or even better struck by an asteroid then you are to get shot in a school or movie theater in the United States. But the truth doesn't increase someone impression of their own imaginary superiority or spread blind hate as easily as saying the opposite. That doesn't mean that they shouldn't work a little on gun laws and gun education by any means, and it also doesn't take away from the terrible tragedies that have taken place in anyway whatsoever. But it does mean that every bad/violent thing you read about in the United States happening at one of those places that hundreds of thousands of those same types of places never have or will see something similar.

Loons are loons. Yes, without a doubt it would be better if loons couldn't get guns and I think people in Washington are starting to get the message. It would also be better even if responsible people couldn't military grade weapons that serve no purpose in personal defense or hunting whatsoever. Just figure it out people. Media only paints the negative and explosive picture because it is a better story. America isn't nearly as violent as they make it sound. I live in a major city and it has been YEARS since I have even seen a fight let alone a gunning down.

Deleted
    This guy is totally not biased... oh wait. He draws great attention to the fact that UK violent crime rate is 3.5 times higher than that of the U.S, but when he finds that the U.S. murder rate is about 3.5 times that of the UK, he calls it "higher".

Edit: After watching the rest of the video, I can see that he is either willfully ignoring the holes in his argument, or is so bad with statistics that he shouldn't be listened to anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc6f376c0517; 2013-01-01 at 12:13 PM.